April 8th wknd of Sleuthing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think your reasoning is rather skewed. If they can not prove that it was set up by Brad or through an automated program, then they have not proved that NC didn't make it. Therefore, the state has not proved beyond all doubt that she wasn't there and made the call. I think we should wait for further evidence before you can make such statements.

Well, again, the shoes are not really a concern to me. Now if they can produce them and they contain evidence, I will take note. Otherwise, we are speculating and wasting each other's time.

Believe the scale is "Beyond a reasonable doubt" verus "Beyond ALL doubt".

Does anyone know what became of the Cooper house? I wonder if a family lives in it now? In NC, is it required to diviluge if someone was murdered in a house prior to selling it? Just curious?

It was sold at a loss for $305K in May, 2009.

Cummings paid a video service to do the editing.
The guy was in the courtroom and obviously missed a few frames.
What do you expect? Kurtz popped his edit request on the state Thursday morning and they had to scramble to comply.

Had the whole question/answer to BC from AS been played out versus snipped, it would have been fine. The fact it was cut at the place it was really opened a door for some bad thoughts in my mind. Question was in regard to an old girlfriend of BC's. AS asked him when he last had contact with her and BC responded "about three weeks ago". Then AS asks BC to account for the reason he contacted her and the tape stops.

Pretty ugly. It should have been played through BC's response, which was an effort to contact her to see if she would give him a character witness for medical exam testing his mental fitness in the custody battle.

Wonder if he really tried to contact the ex-girlfriend?

I'm surprised by this. I would think murder in a home would be an adverse material fact. Not doubting you, just surprised.

Perhaps the disclosure laws are different in NC?

It may have to wait until a conviction (if there is one in either this or the Young cases) is public record. Dunno. Or ii does not have to be disclosed at all, as was said earlier.

Maybe that is why Cummings so awkwardly suggesting she vomited. Now it makes better sense.

Yes, and I think she vomited in the bamboo vase and there were the little stuffed animals in there & that's why they ended up in the master bathroom sink. IMHO

Thanks. I've been wondering about it for a while and JA states in her affidavit that calls became disconnected frequently, implying that BC was cutting off the calls. Maybe it really was just NC hanging up on her:).

NC's father said same. In fact, he said something to the effect of, "as if someone was monitoring the call." Then OBJECTION!! Sustained.

I had myself convinced that he drove the body before his first visit to Ht but that cell tower connection time threw me off. The changing of shoes bolsters the in between trips scenario. Was there enough time to do it though?

Plenty of time since I believe he had the things in the car already. Had to throw away shoes and some other items first. Perhaps at the HT dumpster.

You are correct..I did post a link to the waterfowl hunting site, and they list a whole bunch of various Ducks and Geese they feature..I could not copy and paste their header for some reason..BUT Canada Geese are protected..tho.. they sure are dirty sons of guns with their green scat :maddening:

I happen to be anti hunting of anything.but thats just me..so have no clue about the popularity..

Well we have a lot of immigrant Canada Geese down here! Gosh, they're
BIG. They are colored beautifully, I think, but if they feel like it, they'll just waddle down any old road at any old time. They stop traffic! And they take their time about getting back on the sidewalks! It's funny as long as they're not in my lane.
icon4.gif
icon7.gif

PS: I am anti hunting and anti guns.

He could drive from HT at 6:26, drive to FD, dump the body and arrive for HT round 2 at 6:41 (15 minutes).
Question is, how did he change shoes?
Technically, 15 minutes is enough time to go from HT to FD to Home to HT

He had an extra pair of shoes with him. Put the 1st trip shoes in an HT bag (if he had one), threw them in a dumpster on the way home.

Agree 100% about the shoes, BornDem!

Reading the immense wealth of insight, info and … intuition over these last 20 pages has left me with zero doubt as to BC’s guilt. Thank you all; when one zooms out the overall picture is so clear. Too clear – and I’m sure if HK really zoomed out, it may be as obvious to him/the def team. Of course, MOO. Nonetheless - a truly great thread, this is!

Personally, I believe the last time NC “went to bed” as she knew it, was night of July 10 2008. As she walked into her home midnight 11 in 12th July, BC was up and confronted her about sep agreement he’d sneakily snooped on (or something – even if to provoke her about being late, tipsy or demanding girls passports). The argument started and ended in the hall and NC may have been dead within 15 – 30mins on arrival home from the party. In the ensuing struggle, NC vomited over/into/around the vase; she may have clutched the sticks in s/def and the ducks broke, were scratched or had her &/or BC’s DNA all over them.

BC may have left her on the floor where she lay so no other (vomit/bodily) DNA reached other parts of the house – and dragged her into the garage; took her clothes off. Think he then sat back, gathered his thoughts and spent next couple hours seriously planning his alibi while cleaning up as best he could. That alibi would be: NC wet jogging @ 7 o’clock and didn’t return. He rummaged thru her cupboards, pulled out her running shoes, not realizing he pulled two “odds”; grabbed the first sports bra he saw, He still needed cleaning agents and would have had to account for his store trip, so he planned NC would “call him” via his own Cisco VOIP expertise and set this up in advance.

He knew he was going to dump her some place close-by initially, and took a change of clothes (NC’s bodily fluid may have been on his own shirt) and 2nd set of shoes for himself (to avoid transfer of all and any soils, foot prints, bodily fluids, etc., ... that may have already been on the deck shoes he had on, but may have wiped clean during his "errands").

NC was probably in the trunk of his car much earlier – and stayed there until he’d completed his “NC called me for more milk, juice – whatever.” Then he took a different route home, drove to the pond/ditch and dumped NC, discarding his clothes, NC’s running shoes and any other “evidence” he wanted ridding of. Just like the Scott Peterson case, BC probably never expected NC’s disappearance to go viral in the media so quickly. Recall the very same “pulled down avoid-eye-contact-media & don’t-co-operate-with LE & get a lawyer baseball cap” approach?

BC may have considered removing NC from the first dump location to a more remote or distant location; however, with the spotlight beaming straight onto his house so early on 12 July, he was almost in check-mate. He had to use and therefore stick to, as much of his planned alibi as possible and stretch his own concocted “spoof-proof” rationale. I actually wonder if BC was completely done with his alibi by the time JA called the cops? Yet the "spilled gasoline” was MOO a last minute, lame excuse in trying to explain why only 10% of his filthy car was actually sparkling bright – and that 10% just happened to be the rear-end!

Don’t believe the girls woke early as he claimed, either. He did do the laundry, tho – needed that spewed red wine and food off the green dress, urgently. Hence his intentional confusion of the dress color.

The house was bought 5-18-09 for $305,000.
Tax value is $335,000

How could it be a short sale - I thought testimony the other day said the owed $190 on the mortgage?

I thought murders always had to be disclosed in a realty contract?

How could it be a short sale - I thought testimony the other day said the owed $190 on the mortgage?

I thought murders always had to be disclosed in a realty contract?

He testified in the depo that he owed 222 and also 77k in equity loan on it . Unless he made that up
, but they could check so I wouldn't think he would/ should lie about that.

I am almost paranoid to quote..BUT this is to Cody..and it appears because they have linked Brad to that phone call (ala self sent)..I wonder??

IF they actually show that would you conceed Brad's guilt?..Just asking, because some sit on the fence, then there are others who say they are, however are obviously on Def. side 100%, then people like myself who has watched enough to believe Brad did this..then there are some who believe Brad did this, however, DA hasnt proven it yet....So just where do you sit on that line??..

If the state shows BC definitely (w/out a doubt) rigged/spoofed the phone calls I will definitely come off the fence. 100%.

Good morning!

Another thought I have been having. If NC felt so trapped and was so concerned about having access to money why didn't she open her own bank account as BC suggested?

Good morning!

Another thought I have been having. If NC felt so trapped and was so concerned about having access to money why didn't she open her own bank account as BC suggested?

She can't without a social security number.

That has already been shown to not be an issue, she could have gotten a Social Security card without eligibility to work or an ITIN and/or gone into the bank with other forms of identification.

How was she ever on their joint account then? I think you can apply for a tax ID number and still get an account. She would have had to take the time to do that though and paperwork is involved with the IRS.

That has already been shown to not be an issue, she could have gotten a Social Security card without eligibility to work or an ITIN and/or gone into the bank with other forms of identification.

Oh ok thanks. She didn't have any money coming in other than the 80-300 per week bc gave her for groceries, maybe just blew the money and didn't have enough to get any in the bank anyways, I just opened an account and they required 200 deposit to open one. That could be why. Not sure this really matters in the big picture though.

Can we talk about BC's muddy shoes? Det. Young did not even bother to ask BC for the shoes he wore on the HT trips. Why?

Then, BC searched for NC with others the days before she was found. Young confirmed that he witnessed the search on the 14th. On the 16th CPD took the very shoes he wore on the searches to be analyzed for soil composition. The soil samples were taken from Fielding, as well as an area close to where BC was searching. Then the state did a big discussion of the soil evidence and of course, it was all meaningless since they didn't even analyze (or ask for) the shoes in question.

Oh ok thanks. She didn't have any money coming in other than the 80-300 per week bc gave her for groceries, maybe just blew the money and didn't have enough to get any in the bank anyways, I just opened an account and they required 200 deposit to open one. That could be why. Not sure this really matters in the big picture though.

I think it matters a lot since the main gist of the story her friends tell over in over is that she was so upset because she didn't have access to money and didn't have her name on any accounts so she was trapped. If you choose not to open your own account that is not the same as being controlled and trapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14