GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where are the survelliance tapes from when the credit cards were used?

If this was random, how did the perp get in? Based on the Cnn videos, LE is combing the neighborhood.

This really sucks :( she was beautiful and doing something it seems she really enjoyed. I'm tired of bad things happening to good people.:furious:

RIP Anne,
This is so sad, I had been following this case praying that she would pull through this horrible thing. My fiance who passed away in 2005 was from Little Rock and I had been down there twice to visit him. We always stayed at the Howard Johnsons. Is that hotel close to the gas station? I was just wondering because I thought there was s Shell gas station across the street from there. Where is the golf club? I have been around to The Old Mill, and to The Zoo is it close to either one of those? My prayers are with her family and friends. I hope they find whoever did this to her. My feelings is if she was "In Bed" that it was someone who knew her and placed her into her bed after the beating. Just a thought as I think that someone who did not know a person as in a stranger would just let a person fall anyplace and not put them in bed.

You know I was worried this very thing would happen but I figured as long as she was in intensive care she would be safe. I hope they catch the person responsible soon.

It's VERY unlikely that the perp came and somehow killed her at the ICU. There would've be security or extra vigilence in her room since she was an attempted murder victim. Also, there are only certain visiting hours and visitors are supposed to be cleared before going into a room.

And even if he did come back they would've found more signs of trauma on here if he hit her again or something. It's very unlikely a guy who beat someone would also happen to have the proper poisons and know how to administer them in an IV line.

Have they said yet what caused her to take a sudden turn for the worse?

It's VERY unlikely that the perp came and somehow killed her at the ICU. There would've be security or extra vigilence in her room since she was an attempted murder victim. Also, there are only certain visiting hours and visitors are supposed to be cleared before going into a room.

And even if he did come back they would've found more signs of trauma on here if he hit her again or something. It's very unlikely a guy who beat someone would also happen to have the proper poisons and know how to administer them in an IV line.

Have they said yet what caused her to take a sudden turn for the worse?

My point was that I worry about the information that is released about victims like what hospital they are at. I knew she was safe as long as she was in intensive care. But then again, I tend to think it was someone she knew. I think the beating was too severe for a robbery where only her purse was taken, IMO. Then again there is the stalker scenerio. I'm wondering if they were not just being optimistic about her recovery. If it were my child, I know I would have been.

I was thinking about her yesterday and wondering whether her brain would ever heal and what kind of brain injury she might be left with. I thought it would be so hard on her not to be able to return to TV and the work she loved. I had no idea that she was in such dire condition.

God bless her family and I hope they find the SOB and beat him in his head every so often for the rest of his life. Putting the perp to death (if Arkansas even has the death penalty) is too easy...make him suffer the way that she did. Let him be as scared as she was. She even had a broken hand from trying to protect and defend herself. I will never understand how one person can do that to another. It takes time and effort to hurt someone that badly...I can't believe there is no part of these people that are horrified by what they are doing to stop it.

I hope that she is at peace now and all those that she touched and who loved her can heal.

To think she was in her own home, probably still a bit happy about the party, texting friends, thinking she was safe and evil jumped out of nowhere.

It sickens me, really sickens me that you cannot be safe in your own home.

I think LE will find this person and although he will never pay really for what he did, some sort of justice will be served.

To think she was in her own home, probably still a bit happy about the party, texting friends, thinking she was safe and evil jumped out of nowhere.

I think LE will find this person and although he will never pay really for what he did, some sort of justice will be served.

There is NEVER enough just for evil people that commit these heinous acts. They need to be strung up by their toes and hung in the town sqaure. I am all for this, maybe it will help prevent people from acting this way. They deserve to die 100000000000X more a horrible death. RIP Anne and may your family have peace....one day. This is just awful, I feel so sick!!!

It sickens me that none of us are ever safe ANYWHERE. What in 'ell is wrong with this world and where are all these monsters coming from?

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear she passed. I also thought she was getting better. I sincerely hope that LE finds out who attacked Anne and can make an arrest.

Oh they will pay, in Eternity.

For what it's worth, victims of crimes are NEVER listed on patient census'. I don't know if i can go into more detail than that...but her location within the hospital would have only been known to those directly involved in her care and her family. I don't know how big the hospital is...but we have over 6 ICUs.

There would have also been a police officer or hospital security there 24/7, I'm sure. She most likely would have never been alone (at all...windows in ICU, or a CNA will sit with them, or some ICUs are open "pods" etc.)

On another note....I think whoever did this got in when she let her dogs out before bedtime...it would explain no forced entry...and IIRC, her back door was unlocked? The dogs out, no forced entry...someone perhaps made a noise in the back..dogs start barking, so she lets them out...I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned in the media (I know others have mentioned this here...and it really does seem like the most plausible scenario....if she were attacked outside or near her front door...I would expect a neighbor to hear something.)

I was hoping Anne would recover. GB Anne's family. I hope the monster who did this is apprehended and gets LWOP.

This scares me to death! I went outside for a smoke last night and I was honestly scared to be out there after reading about this case and other recently. It is terrible that no one is safe in their own homes. Poor Anne, she was so beautiful and full of life I really hope this one is solved soon, there is a monster out there!

Have there been any sort of updates on the credit card that was used at the gas station? That seems to be a really good lead. In other cases I have seen survelance immages released to the public to assist in identifying the POI, why have they not done this in Anne's case?

This scares me to death! I went outside for a smoke last night and I was honestly scared to be out there after reading about this case and other recently. It is terrible that no one is safe in their own homes. Poor Anne, she was so beautiful and full of life I really hope this one is solved soon, there is a monster out there!

LorinMarie,

I thought the exact same thing this morning as I was out for my morning smoke....I was thinking about Anne's attack and thought how easy it would be for someone to do the same to any of us with regular habits/tasks.

I am definately hoping that they catch this and put him to death preferably beaten to death.

Have there been any sort of updates on the credit card that was used at the gas station? That seems to be a really good lead. In other cases I have seen survelance images released to the public to assist in identifying the POI, why have they not done this in Anne's case?
Sadly, I thought of Anne when I went to take my dog outside with a flashlight (I have lights, but he likes to hide in the bushes plus he is black). Over the weekend, he had a tummy ache and we were out at 3:00am again at 4:00am etc. We are vulnerable anywhere.

However, she was in her own bed. Did she leave the door unlocked? We will never know. It is reasonable to believe she was asleep when the attack happened. An alarm system should have been set and would have alerted someone to an intruder. I get the feeling people in her neighborhood are too complacent and believe nothing bad can happen to them. They are mistaken.

It takes time to analyze the photos and glean all information available before they release it to the public. They could have already identified a suspect in which case...they may not have to release it. They would only do this if they cannot find him through their own avenues of investigation and require the public's help. So to me, it is a good sign it has not been released yet.

I live in a suburban neighborhood full of senior citizens and feel relatively safe. However, I am extremely careful when I'm out in public to be aware of people watching me, and I enforce knowing where my children are at all times. I also make sure all my doors are locked at night before I go to bed. I don't even leave downstairs windows open because we don't have a dog to wake us up if someone tried to break in.

My m-i-l told me that she heard on the news that every single bone in Anne's face and head was broken and her hand was crushed. It sure sounds like rage to me, not some random murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back