GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know this case reminds me a little bit of the BTK type murders. I tend to think it was someone from her immediate area who had been watching her enough to know her habits, perhaps even window peeping from time to time.

The killer could have posed as a utility service person much like BTK prior to the murder to gain entrance into the home and perhaps tamper with the back door lock so it wouldn't lock by maybe putting a piece of clear tape across the hole where the locking mechanism went. Or he could have unlocked a window figuring she wouldn't check it.

He could have bought the gas with her credit card hoping police would think it was her buying it making it more difficult to pinpoint the time of the murder since paying at the pump would not require a signature. This person went there with the weapon used and probably thought she was dead when he left.

I think whoever did this knew her habits, lived close by and was just waiting for the right time.

Any chance this murderer was female? Could have been, but I doubt it...just wondering. Look at what Susan Atkins and the other Manson girls did in the Tate/LeBianca murders. And I am not saying this was a cult killing...just using an example. This just sounds like someone who had a lot of anger or jelousy against her prior to the attack. Doesn't seem random, but you never know these days. Whoever it was, they need to find this soon.

You know this case reminds me a little bit of the BTK type murders. I tend to think it was someone from her immediate area who had been watching her enough to know her habits, perhaps even window peeping from time to time.

The killer could have posed as a utility service person much like BTK prior to the murder to gain entrance into the home and perhaps tamper with the back door lock so it wouldn't lock by maybe putting a piece of clear tape across the hole where the locking mechanism went. Or he could have unlocked a window figuring she wouldn't check it.

He could have bought the gas with her credit card hoping police would think it was her buying it making it more difficult to pinpoint the time of the murder since paying at the pump would not require a signature. This person went there with the weapon used and probably thought she was dead when he left.

I think whoever did this knew her habits, lived close by and was just waiting for the right time.

Definately possible- add in the element her parents were there visiting..
I find that a very odd Ko-ink-y-dink

How BTK committed his crimes is what came to my mind, too!
No one suspected him, a married father of 2, law abiding, and president of his church!

How BTK committed his crimes is what came to my mind, too!
No one suspected him, a married father of 2, law abiding, and president of his church!

It could even be a close neighbor. And if they got DNA and there was no actual rape, he could have some sexual perversions like BTK.

The killer could have cut himself or they could be getting some touch DNA from some article. Hope they find him soon.

Where were her parents staying? I just assumed they lived there in another part of town.

IIRC They usually stayed with her yet decided to stay with friends due to her early schedule. I seem to remember this for the Matt Lauer interview.

Where were her parents staying? I just assumed they lived there in another part of town.

Good evening everyone- this is my first post.
I recall Mrs. Cannady was in town visiting her daughter, could have been for the movie release? Mr. Cannady told Matt Lauer that he was back home in S. Carolina when he phoned Ms. Pressly at 3 am. He was unable to reach her and he called his wife. She also couldn't reach her and that's when she went over there to check on her. I wondered why Ms. Cannady wasn't staying with her daughter while visiting but I read it was due to Anne's work schedule.
I hope LE has some good leads, but every day that goes by with no arrest makes me worry.

I think this crime was a crime of opportunity. He may have seen her at the restaurant and followed her home. I think when she got home she most likely took her little dogs out for a walk before going to bed. He may have been in some of the bushes by then hiding. When he saw her there vulnerable he grabbed her and pushed her back into her home and left the dogs outside.

I think his intentions were to rape Anne. She fought back and it infuriated him. Probably has a history of hating women. So many killers have this deep inner rage already building up and when they do crimes like this one they explode. It doesn't matter if they know the victim or not.

The taking her purse was an afterthought imo to make it looks like a robbery gone bad. Once he had her card he used it.

IMO the DNA found will either be blood from his knuckles when he beat her and a man can crush a woman's face and split it open with his fist if enough power is behind it. Fist blows made to her head also can produce brain injuries.

I believe he is most likely a drifter and may have moved on once he used the card at the service station.

Also I think most likely he has a record of violence against women and may have served time for domestic assault of even rape.

It took about 2 months to get a DNA match on the creep that murdered Sarah Walker in Texas. I believe they found him in another state. I pray this one will also yield results of who did this awful crime to a very lovely young woman who deserves so much better than this.

imo

I think this crime was a crime of opportunity. He may have seen her at the restaurant and followed her home. I think when she got home she most likely took her little dogs out for a walk before going to bed. He may have been in some of the bushes by then hiding. When he saw her there vulnerable he grabbed her and pushed her back into her home and left the dogs outside.

I think his intentions were to rape Anne. She fought back and it infuriated him. Probably has a history of hating women. So many killers have this deep inner rage already building up and when they do crimes like this one they explode. It doesn't matter if they know the victim or not.

The taking her purse was an afterthought imo to make it looks like a robbery gone bad. Once he had her card he used it.

IMO the DNA found will either be blood from his knuckles when he beat her and a man can crush a woman's face and split it open with his fist if enough power is behind it. Fist blows made to her head also can produce brain injuries.

I believe he is most likely a drifter and may have moved on once he used the card at the service station.

Also I think most likely he has a record of violence against women and may have served time for domestic assault of even rape.

It took about 2 months to get a DNA match on the creep that murdered Sarah Walker in Texas. I believe they found him in another state. I pray this one will also yield results of who did this awful crime to a very lovely young woman who deserves so much better than this.

imo

I don't think she would have taken the dogs for a walk in her pajamas or nightgown. I'm inclined to think she was already in bed.

Sarah Walker's killer lived in the Dallas area with his parents. He had, however, been in trouble before in another state.

I don't think she would have taken the dogs for a walk in her pajamas or nightgown. I'm inclined to think she was already in bed.

Sarah Walker's killer lived in the Dallas area with his parents. He had, however, been in trouble before in another state.

Thank you. It has been so long but I do remember he was wanted or had convictions in another state.

I haven't read the autopsy report so I didn't know she was in nightgown. Maybe the dogs were out through the doggie door when she came home and she opened the door to call them in so she could lock the doggie door for the night.

I still feel it is like so many crimes we are seeing nowadays and the victim is noticed as being alone and in the wrong place at the wrong time when killers like this one strikes and the victim isn't aware that anyone is even noticing their every move. I think Anne felt very safe in her neighborhood but really we arent safe anywhere we live.

imoo

"Guy and Patti Cannady live in South Carolina, but they were visiting their daughter and old friends in Little Rock." and.....
"She and her husband had stayed with friends on this trip because they didn’t want to interfere with their daughter’s getting the rest she needed for her early-morning job."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27514729/

I think the neighborhood was quiet- the hour was late, and peoples' windows were most likely open, as the nights are cool and not many are running their air.
The dogs most likely had collars and jangly tags that could have been heard while they were outside-jmo-but evidently not.

Thank you. It has been so long but I do remember he was wanted or had convictions in another state.

I haven't read the autopsy report so I didn't know she was in nightgown. Maybe the dogs were out through the doggie door when she came home and she opened the door to call them in so she could lock the doggie door for the night.

I still feel it is like so many crimes we are seeing nowadays and the victim is noticed as being alone and in the wrong place at the wrong time when killers like this one strikes and the victim isn't aware that anyone is even noticing their every move. I think Anne felt very safe in her neighborhood but really we arent safe anywhere we live.

imoo

That is so true. I used to sell items to the Little Rock Country Club so I know that area and it is considered one of the best in Little Rock. It is an older neighborhood with a mix of large two story homes and smaller bungalows. It's an area that most would consider to be very safe. That's why I keep thinking that it was someone who lived close by that knew who she was but, perhaps, she didn't know them. And being a TV personality, they would know what hours she was on the air.

At this point I do not believe this was random but I do believe that an intruder on drugs, that hasn't slept in a week, would be more than capable of carrying out this violence. The intruder has got to have marks left on him/her. There are people somewhere that have been and still are in this monster's presence. jmo

At this point I do not believe this was random but I do believe that an intruder on drugs, that hasn't slept in a week, would be more than capable of carrying out this violence. The intruder has got to have marks left on him/her. There are people somewhere that have been and still are in this monster's presence. jmo

And that is a very scary thought. Somebody is in his presence and they do not have a clue. Hopefully LE will catch this person and soon!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,448454,00.html

From Greta transcripts:

"No, we did not find any sign of forced entry. There was a door open."

... 20 minutes after the person left her home that her credit card was used at a service station?
HASTINGS: That's right. It was used at a gas station over on the east side of town. We have been over to that gas station. They have video, but it's not of any use to us.

. .We know it is a male. We are looking at DNA and other things, trying to do comparisons where we can. But right now the detectives are working, looking for that name of that individual.

The "credit card was only used one time".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back