GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For me personally I am not insinuating it was the parents at all...although all too often parents do harm their children so it's never far form my mind. Just like all too ften it's the husband. So my questions are just "why" were things differnet this time.

I have read every obituary and there is no mention of siblings, bio-father or grandparents. For me I'm just trying to get all the players in place.

Anne was born in SC but moved with her parents to LR when she was in HS. She then went to Memphis for College. So she has a lot of histroy in LR.

I still do not believe this was a random robbery or rape I believe that this was either an obsessed man (perhaps someone who was obsessed with her prior to becoming a news personallity) or a jilted lover or married man perhaps involved over his head or lastly some sort of revenge killing.

Sadly there is so little information that it's so hard to understand.

Yes, it's the lack of info that makes it difficult. Anne was an only child. I don't know about her biological father. I have never heard any mention of the bio father, in fact, most news sources call the stepfather, "father."

Things were different this time, if I understood her mother correctly, because Anne had just recently started the morning show and she needed to sleep. Maybe if mom stayed over they would be apt to sit up and talk. It may be the first time her mother had been to Little Rock since she started the early morning shift.

I have not talked to anybody around here (Little Rock) who believes this was a random robbery. It's unnerving to live in this town and know that this person is out there and could strike again.

Anne went to high school at Greenville High School in Greenville SC. Her bio dad still lives in Greenville w/his wife and their daughter.

I live in Little Rock and have been following this case carefully. A close family friend of mine lives four houses down from Anne in the Heights. I've been hearing bits and pieces of news and developments through them. However, I have no way of confirming this or knowing if it's absolutely true. It's just what I've heard.

The media hasn't reported on any of this... it seems like a big cover up. When the story first broke, they talked about stab wounds. Then, a few hours later, suddenly there were no stab wounds and they said she'd been beat on the face with a blunt object. I do understand that this crime was brutal enough and I suppose they didn't want to release the even more horrifying details.

I have been told that she was raped and "sexually mutilated"; she was cut on her privates. In addition, as we have already heard, she was was beaten brutally. I too have heard the rumor about DNA confirming it was two black men - but again, no idea if that is correct. Also, I recently heard they are investigating the possibility of a carnival worker who was in town for the State Fair a couple weeks ago.

This is just the epitome of a horror story. I also went to high school with Anne, but was four years younger. I watched her on Channel 7 all the time. I never heard one thing negative about her. The neighborhood she lives in is certainly considered a safe neighborhood and it is just horrifying that this can happen.

My boyfriend and I drove by her house yesterday. The houses are very close together and I was thinking that surely the neighbors might have heard something. I don't think anyone but Anne and her killer(s) know what happened that night. I hope the police have secured a large amount of helpful information that will help them solve this case. I hope the person or persons responsible for this are caught and punished to the absolute fullest extent of the law.

The article states that it was the most expensive item she owned. For most folks their automobile is the most expensive thing they own, other than a home. What questions are raised by this? I don't understand your point. I don't see it stated that it was a "prized" possession, which brings more impact to thinking than does most expensive possession.

I took it to mean that if robbery was the motive, why not steal the BMW? I really don't think robbery was the motive. It seems they only took her purse and charged gas on her credit card. This was too violent of a crime. If they only wanted to take her purse there would have been easier ways to steal it. JMO

Can they determine whether someone is black or white through DNA? Just curious about that.

Does anyone know if Anne was dating someone at the time of the murder? If so, was it only one guy or was she dating several? She was so pretty it's hard to imagine she didn't have boyfriends.

I think if it was robbery they would have taken other things like TV, computer, electronics, camera........anything they could quickly pawn for cash.

I live in Little Rock and have been following this case carefully. A close family friend of mine lives four houses down from Anne in the Heights. I've been hearing bits and pieces of news and developments through them. However, I have no way of confirming this or knowing if it's absolutely true. It's just what I've heard.

The media hasn't reported on any of this... it seems like a big cover up. When the story first broke, they talked about stab wounds. Then, a few hours later, suddenly there were no stab wounds and they said she'd been beat on the face with a blunt object. I do understand that this crime was brutal enough and I suppose they didn't want to release the even more horrifying details.

I have been told that she was raped and "sexually mutilated"; she was cut on her privates. In addition, as we have already heard, she was was beaten brutally. I too have heard the rumor about DNA confirming it was two black men - but again, no idea if that is correct. Also, I recently heard they are investigating the possibility of a carnival worker who was in town for the State Fair a couple weeks ago.

This is just the epitome of a horror story. I also went to high school with Anne, but was four years younger. I watched her on Channel 7 all the time. I never heard one thing negative about her. The neighborhood she lives in is certainly considered a safe neighborhood and it is just horrifying that this can happen.

My boyfriend and I drove by her house yesterday. The houses are very close together and I was thinking that surely the neighbors might have heard something. I don't think anyone but Anne and her killer(s) know what happened that night. I hope the police have secured a large amount of helpful information that will help them solve this case. I hope the person or persons responsible for this are caught and punished to the absolute fullest extent of the law.

Gosh FT, that is a lot of information. I truly hope that some of those details are simply rumors, because it just makes it all that more horrific.

however, if this is true, they MUST find these animals and quickly as it sounds like this was a ritualistic murder and surely could happen again.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat daily just waiting for some break in this tragic case.

Poor Anne, what a sin.

Can they determine whether someone is black or white through DNA? Just curious about that.

Does anyone know if Anne was dating someone at the time of the murder? If so, was it only one guy or was she dating several? She was so pretty it's hard to imagine she didn't have boyfriends.

I think if it was robbery they would have taken other things like TV, computer, electronics, camera........anything they could quickly pawn for cash.

Race can be determined through DNA. Here is a pretty interesting article from Wired about it.

I read somewhere, maybe on this thread, maybe on a comments section elsewhere, that Anne had an "ambiguous sexual orientation." Like I said, I don't remember where exactly I read it.

Race can be determined through DNA. Here is a pretty interesting article from Wired about it.

I read somewhere, maybe on this thread, maybe on a comments section elsewhere, that Anne had an "ambiguous sexual orientation." Like I said, I don't remember where exactly I read it.

It was on this thread. I think however it simply meant that it was not known if she had any intimate sexual relationships.

It was on this thread. I think however it simply meant that it was not known if she had any intimate sexual relationships.

Oh, I took it to mean bisexual. I thought it was in reference to the possibility that the perpetrator was a woman.

Thanks Spector. That was very interesting reading and something I had never heard before.

How long does it take for DNA test results to come back?

If they got DNA as I keep reading that they have, then can't they try to match the DNA with the FBI database to potentially find the perpetrator if the perpetrator has committed some sort of crime like this before?

Is this right, or do I watch too much CSI?

How long does it take for DNA test results to come back?

If they got DNA as I keep reading that they have, then can't they try to match the DNA with the FBI database to potentially find the perpetrator if the perpetrator has committed some sort of crime like this before?

Is this right, or do I watch too much CSI?

They can check for a DNA match once they get the results back. But in real life, it takes a lot longer than on CSI, as labs and such usually have quite a backlog.

I took it to mean that if robbery was the motive, why not steal the BMW? I really don't think robbery was the motive. It seems they only took her purse and charged gas on her credit card. This was too violent of a crime. If they only wanted to take her purse there would have been easier ways to steal it. JMO

The robbery may have been just to cover up the true intent of the crime which I believe was a vicious sexual assault. Anne's mother did say though that they took Anne's bracelet and I wondered if it was one she wore a lot and was taken as more of a keepsake. That frightens me though as that is what serial killers do. Are there other cases like Anne's home invasion, that have happened and remain unsolved? Like maybe about a 100 miles away. If it was someone that had already picked her as a target that has done this before, they usually move on out of town quickly to another area.

TIA

The robbery may have been just to cover up the true intent of the crime which I believe was a vicious sexual assault. Anne's mother did say though that they took Anne's bracelet and I wondered if it was one she wore a lot and was taken as more of a keepsake. That frightens me though as that is what serial killers do. Are there other cases like Anne's home invasion, that have happened and remain unsolved? Like maybe about a 100 miles away. If it was someone that had already picked her as a target that has done this before, they usually move on out of town quickly to another area.

TIA

A lot of serial killers keep something of the victim's as sort of a souvenir. I still keep thinking it may have been a neighbor, possibly someone married who was fixated on her.

TIA

Yes there was at least 1 other one mentioned in this thread. A young gril (who survived) not too far away. 150 miles maybe. I'd have to go back and look.

The information Findthem posted makes me think more towards a psycho sicko like remember that Hannibal character Frances Dolarhyde? I think that was his name, any way the movie was Red Dragon? Thats what this is beginning to sound like to me

edit to correct name

In cases where full dna profile can not be obtained, knowing race at least (and/or gender eg) of a perp is invaluable. The words "sexual orientation," whether here or elsewhere, never properly refer to simply whether a person's involved in a relationship--not even close! It would be especially grievous and painful to the family to now hear rumors spread about a defenseless victim. JMO

If any of this is true, it is completely understandable that the family would not wish for such details to be released about their daughter's murder. Evidently the blunt force was so traumatic as to cause profuse bleeding and initially create the impression of stab wounds. Seems crimes of this brutality and violence are usually characterized as crimes of passion by intimate acquaintance vs random crime by stranger. If she was, as reported, not only too busy to date but not known to have any questionable associations, an obsessed stalker would seem to fit or have made sense. But two different profiles sounds more like a couple of deranged guys on drugs out for a night of violence, ie a thrill killing. Which might explain the stupidity of stealing a credit card, or a momento. Sickening, especially since her behaviors seem far from high risk, and her only 'mistake' seemed to be her success--and possibly just being too trusting. JMO

Oh, I took it to mean bisexual. I thought it was in reference to the possibility that the perpetrator was a woman.

Link, please....??! Sorry, but this is how rumors get started, rumors which are frequently disparaging to victims, or their families... can we just focus on what we know? JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back