GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
William 'Paul' Young? I couldn't find where there was a book signing or anything...

Sorry, I went back and edited my post b/c I had hit enter too early.. and now they look all out of sequence.

Anyway, I wasn't able to locate anything about when he was here.

that might have been mentioned in the big discussion about The Shack a few pages back?

I am going to have to look up what "ambiguous sexual orientation" means........

I am going to have to look up what "ambiguous sexual orientation" means........

I am not even going there. A young woman was brutally beaten that ultimately died of her injuries. There is a vile, rage filled sadist out there who needs to be incarcerated for the rest of his life or put to death.

There is no excuse for what was done to Anne. There is no reason worthy of discussion other than to bring the culprit to justice.

One thing that has troubled me with this case from the beginning was the statement of the victim having an "ambiguous sexual orientation". Could this explain why there seems to be very little dating mentioned with a person of the opposite sex? If she had ambiguous sexual genitalia, this could explain why she was mutilated in that area. A rapist who was not expecting this could be infuriated. Could the murderer have been a woman? Could this be one of the reasons LE is keeping everything so quiet?

There is some reason this case is being kept so quiet.

YellowDog, I saw that reference on another blog-True Crime Report-
it was an opinion of a poster theorizing a play by play. Here's a link:
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/10/who_attacked_anne_pressly.php

xxxxx said:
A senseless act of vicious violence.
Scant clues:
1) missing purse
2) attendance at a party earlier that evening
3) ambiguous sexual orientation (?)
4) Anne's 2 dogs roaming the neighborhood (or not in the home)
5) the nature of the attack (as reported in the media)
6) no signs of 'forced entry' into Anne's home
7) no report of any indication of a sexual assault
8) no suggestion or indication that Anne had personal (overt) enemies (other than the nature of the attack)
9) Anne's mother was the first to arrive at the crime scene
10) No indication or presence of the device used to strike Anne.
11) No reports of any signs of struggle
12) Nothing (it seems) was taken from Anne's home and it is uncertain if the purse was in her home at the time of the attack

I thought sexual orientation meant who one has sexual attraction to and ambigious means unclear or open to interpretation. I don't think it means she had both man parts and women parts. Just maybe attracted to both men and women. I don't know but I sure hope they figure out this case quickly. I would be concered living in that area with someone capable of doing this still being out there. My sympathies to her family and friends - such a horrible crime.

I thought sexual orientation meant who one has sexual attraction to and ambigious means unclear or open to interpretation. I don't think it means she had both man parts and women parts. Just maybe attracted to both men and women. I don't know but I sure hope they figure out this case quickly. I would be concered living in that area with someone capable of doing this still being out there. My sympathies to her family and friends - such a horrible crime.

You're right. That's absolutely what it means. I doubt very seriously if she were born with both male and female genitalia that they would mention that in the news article. Of course they mentioned "ambiguous sexual orientation" and that has no bearing on the case either.

I am not even going there. A young woman was brutally beaten that ultimately died of her injuries. There is a vile, rage filled sadist out there who needs to be incarcerated for the rest of his life or put to death.

There is no excuse for what was done to Anne. There is no reason worthy of discussion other than to bring the culprit to justice.

I understand what you mean there. On the other hand, it could possibly have inspired a motive. It is a difficult area to tread. You want to be sensitive and respectful on the other hand you cant just say well its not important and dont go there either. As someone that lives an alternative life style I can personally say that you can be assaulted, targeted, etc. because of how you live your personal life.

On the other hand, random speculation, rumors, etc. aren't productive and can be harmful and painful.

You're right. That's absolutely what it means. I doubt very seriously if she were born with both male and female genitalia that they would mention that in the news article. Of course they mentioned "ambiguous sexual orientation" and that has no bearing on the case either.

"ambiguous sexual orientation" does NOT mean hermaphroditism. if anything it means something like bisexual. In that way, I guess I could apply that to me. I wouldn't be offended by it.

Is there some context to the term? It sounds more like something off of a fill in the blank police form, sexual orientation: straight, gay, ambiguous... As in not known or not applicable.

That's what I was saying, it does not mean having both sets of sexual organs. Maybe my post wasn't clear. I'm not the best at getting my thoughts across.

I just don't understand why they would have included that in the news article unless they thought it might have something to do with her death. Of course, some of the news articles I've read lately aren't written much better than I write.

I just don't understand why they would have included that in the news article unless they thought it might have something to do with her death. Of course, some of the news articles I've read lately aren't written much better than I write.

ill have to look this up myself to see the context used and if the term was lifted from some sort of fill in the blank sheet or something. Its an odd term that doesnt sound like something that someone would just think of, especially writing about a breaking story. If you were writing about me, you probably wouldn't say, "Carla Lashelle, a woman of ambiguous sexual orientation, was found bludgeoned in her home.... " You would either leave it out, or would use some more common term, etc. Unless you were just using things off of a provided LE form with some basic information on it.

Could be something poorly worded, etc. as well. I have seen quite a few typos and weird things in official releases on her case. I think even at her services the sign with her name on it was mis spelled?!?! as Pressley

That term- seems to me -was used per chance as a choice of words by another poster, regarding their own version of the attack.
I think it was poorly worded, I took it to mean "intimate details, unknown"
not ambiguous. Can we let this one go?

That term- seems to me -was used per chance as a choice of words by another poster, regarding their own version of the attack.
I think it was poorly worded, I took it to mean "intimate details, unknown"
not ambiguous. Can we let this one go?

I agree, I think it simply was meant to say - unaware of ANY intimate relationships. Let's let this term ambiguous go now.

My Gosh, maybe she was a virgin. Has anyone ever thought of that?

It is very possible. She was single and from what I gather a very devout Christian. It would not be out of the realm of possiblities. However this fact alone would not mean she didn't date. I still find it hard to imagine that such an outgoing beautiful healthy 26 year old didn't have some sort of dating life.

Again, we will just have to wait......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back