GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank-you beaglebird for the update!!!!!
I am so thankful I checked this thread, b4 I went to bed.
Do you think that the suspect might be the man that was on foot after the botched break in last night? I wondered if you had heard anything locally about that possibility.

I don't think so, but we shall see in a few minutes. I had heard rumors of ties to a famous person in town...a hired hit....but I don't believe that. It seemed to far fetched. They say they have a suspect but nobody is in custody.

I am not picking up the live feed of the press conference. :(
Is anyone else having this problem?

No details were given on why he was named a suspect. Interviewing Guy Cannady, the father of Anne Pressly on local news.

"It's a difficult time to get to this point, but we are very thankful for the hard work of LE." Now that he's been identified the next prayer is to find him. It's tough to see the face of the man accused of her murder. We've been very confident in the LRPD this whole time from day one. We knew this day would come, we didn't know when it would come....
just shortened comments from the father...not direct quotes.

Thanks for the updates beaglebrd. I appreciate the help.
Scary to think there may be 3 small children w/ this monster.
I am assuming he has a "rap" sheet because in his photo,he appears to be wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Thanks for the updates beaglebrd. I appreciate the help.
Scary to think there may be 3 small children w/ this monster.
I am assuming he has a "rap" sheet because in his photo,he appears to be wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Yes, it is scary for the woman and children who may be with him. I'm surprised more details were not given. I've checked all of the local news sources and have not found anything. The chief of police kept saying Mr. Bell, it sounded like. Maybe he was using the middle name...but nothing was said beyond him being named as a suspect and what he is driving and who he left with at 1 from home. Also that he is armed and dangerous and to not approach him, but rather call LE for help.

I am curious to findout how LE came to believe he is the attacker. I am wondering if DNA evidence finally came back and they matched it to him through his previous arrest record. I bet he will have assault in his criminal background.

I am curious to findout how LE came to believe he is the attacker. I am wondering if DNA evidence finally came back and they matched it to him through his previous arrest record. I bet he will have assault in his criminal background.

Yeah, I agree. The car is one that not many would have so that would have helped them find him, perhaps from the videos that were never released. I would guess the DNA and probably a tip did it. Could have been a tip from the woman he's with. Just speculating here, but AP did fight back so the guy had to have scratches on him. We've heard there was a lot of DNA under her nails.

I'm more interested in why he attacked her than how they found him at the moment.

I am so glad that a supect has been named. Hopefully an arrest will be imminent so that Anne's mother "can look him in the eyes and ask him why!"

Oh thank God. Looks like another free friggin prisoner. I wonder how the pictures of his car came to be. It looks like a car lot? Maybe while it was for sale. Not a hard one to spot- 22" rims, tinted windows temporary tags and a razorback hog on the rear driver's side. He's quite the show off.

11:24 PM UPDATE: Fox 16 reporting police radio scanner traffic that indicates the suspect is in custody at 24th and Cross Streets, but that is unconfirmed.

This was on the Arkansas blog. Note unconfirmed,
findthem where are you?

BREAKING NEWS: SUSPECT CAUGHT IN ANNE PRESSLY MURDER
Last Update: 11:38 pm November 26, 2008
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS -- Police have Curtis Lavelle Vance in custody for the murder of KATV anchor Anne Pressly.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=955780b8-5362-49fb-a51e-3522782f6058

Breaking: Pressly Murder Suspect Caught
posted 12:40 am Thu November 27, 2008

Little Rock - Little Rock Police called a press conference at 10pm Wednesday night and named Curtis Lavell Vance as a suspect in the murder of KATV morning anchor Anne Pressly. Shortly after, Vance was captured.

Vance, 28 years old, of Marianna, Arkansas, is charged with capital murder.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1108/573330.html

Thankful he is off the streets and in custody, praying for Anne's family and loved ones on this day of Thanksgiving.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back