GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FT, thank you, that was beautiful. I am not a religious person, but even I found some comfort in that.

I truly hope that Anne is at peace with her God and that her family can find some solace in that.

<< snipped for content >>
Later in the book Jesus himself tells Mack, "I don't think you want to know all the details. I'm sure they won't help you. But I can tell you there was not a moment that we were not with her. She knew my peace, and you would have been proud of her. She was so brave!" (pg. 175)

I can't believe it was a coincidence this book came into her life when it did.

The wisest man on earth once wrote, "The day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth." (Eccl. 7:1) I'm not sure what that means other than Anne is now seeing God face to beautiful face and her ordeal is not even a distant memory.
Thank you so much for sharing that story, the part I bolded above brought me to tears, but in a good way.

FT, thank you, that was beautiful. I am not a religious person, but even I found some comfort in that.

I truly hope that Anne is at peace with her God and that her family can find some solace in that.

Same here. I thought it was comforting and well-written, so I just had to share it. :)

Well, the sister of one of my acquaintances lives in the Heights. He told me there was another crime there this weekend - seemingly just a robbery, but apparently there was a hostage. No one was hurt. His sister is so scared that he has been staying at her house at night.

He said he thought there were two of them (no, I don't know their race), and he thought the police were able to capture one of them. I have no idea if this is related to Anne Pressly's murder, but was surprised to hear about it. I would think if they thought the crimes were related and they caught one of the suspects, we'd know about it... so I don't know how accurate the details are; take it with a grain of salt. Any other locals hear about this?

But again, the media hasn't reported this - I feel pretty good about the source, so I do think it's true, but can't confirm it nor all the details. I wonder if the media doesn't want to scare people even more by reporting a second crime in the area. So again, just some info I thought I'd share.

Hello Findthem- I'm basing my line of thought on the media scaring people.I don't think they could get any more scared than they already are. It's my opinion that the media is obligated to report news, especially attempted break ins in this particular neighborhood. Perhaps knowing what's happening in a person's neighborhood would give the residents a heads up, or a sense of control. I also think LE needs to release a profile. jmo

Thanks Findthem! The part that got me was "she was brave".

Yes thank you Findthem. Hope I'm not a "religious" person either but like Anne I am a follower of Christ and we can be sure it was her faith which drew others to her, faith which ushered her through those final moments, and faith which has enabled her family to cope with their loss. Thank you again for sharing. JMO

Thank you very much Findthem. That meant a lot to me in more than one way. The tragedy of Anne's attack has pained me deeply, to the point that I started going back to church after many years absence. But those quotes said more to me than anything else. And for my own loss from an attack. I still ask why for myself and my sister. As a survivor I found abandoned by God in my hour of need, which maybe was selfish but that is how I felt. Thanks.

It is so ironic that Anne would suffer a death similar to the one in The Shack. How did she come to receive the copy of the book from the author?

I think almost everyone has felt abondoned by God at some point in their life through death or misfortune. I know I have.

It is so ironice that Anne would suffer a death similar to the one in The Shack. How did she come to receive the copy of the book from the author?

I think almost everyone has felt abondoned by God at some point in their life through death or misfortune. I know I have.

That was exactly my thought when I read the post.

I haven't read the book The Shack but I'd be very interested in how closely it parallels
Anne's murder.

It is so ironic that Anne would suffer a death similar to the one in The Shack. How did she come to receive the copy of the book from the author?

The deaths weren't similar. In the book a young girl was kidnapped and murdered. The book talks more about the emotions that her family goes through and the father questions God.

I want to read it but I think it will upset me.

I thought it would upset me too. I don't like to read stories where children are kidnapped and killed. The story is more about the father. There really are very few details about the crime.

I will think about it. Because Anne liked it I may give it a shot. But even just this case makes me physically ill.

I have read the book The Shack. I had a very difficult time 'getting through it'. I am the mother of a daughter (similar in age to the girl in the book) and it was difficult reading to me. I consider myself a person of strong Christian faith and beliefs. (Actually lead a woman's Bible study group) The book was good, the insights into the Holy Spirit, Jesus, and God were interesting. I would recommend the book to everyone. However it was not a book that I enjoyed every step of the way, but, it is a book that made me think about things. I am glad I read it.

I would also like to say that this murderer is of the "disorganized classification". Meaning that in profiling this person will follow a set of general guidelines. Some of the characteristics that may have an interest in this case are:
-Perp. commits extreme brutality to the victim
-Crime committed w/out a plan of action for deterring detection
-The attack is usually a violent surprise
-The perp. has usually suffered a traumatic event not long before the murder occurs. (divorce, death of a loved one, loss of job)
-Excessive assault to the face occurs becasue the perp. tries to dehumanize victim.
-The disorganized offender usually finds his victim w/in his own geographic area.
-Crime scene is sloppy

When the perp. left the crime scene, I believe the person (monster) who attacked Ms. Presley had no idea she was still alive. I do not think he would have intentionally let her live. This person is still around somewhere. I would be very careful to lock my doors and windows and not trust anyone until this man is caught.

Please remember criminal profiling is not an exact science. It is only used to help LE consider possible scenarios for certain types of crimes.

All that is very fitting to the scenario. I would say:

A. Someone who knew her and was obsessed with her wanted "revenge" for whatever reason in their mind
B. Serial killer
C. A completely delusional mentally ill person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back