GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Theyre saying he has had only minor traffic violation, but his picture is a mugshot
I just saw his birthdate-Oct.22- three days after he attacked Anne. Makes me sick, but he probably partied with his "associates"

I was so anxious to get to our destination so that I could discuss what I had learned!

As soon as I heard they had him in custody I said a prayer of gratitude for the capture and a prayer of guidance for LE and the attorneys so that the case will be strong and the right person(s) convicted. I also asked that her parents would have strength as they will now have to hear the horrible facts about their child's brutal attack.

So glad the monster is off the streets!

Wow wow wow wow. So happy to have the perp in custody, great news! But color me wrong on this guy. Not at all the type I thought would be arrested. Wonder if he will end up with ties to that construction project in her neighborhood.

Woooo hooo!!

I am curious if the prosecutors office will be open on Friday or if we will have too wait until Monday for Vance's arraignment.

Hopefully one of the papers or television stations will put the probable cause statement up.

Anyone know how far Marianna is from LR?

I agree. I thought it would be a totally different type of perp. I am just glad that they had the evidence to tie it together. I am guessing he had DNA on file and they were able to match. I know you don't have to give the court DNA for traffic violations but you also don't have a mugshot made in an orange jumper for 'traffic violations'.

Marianna is about 100 miles from Little Rock. Eastern part of the state.

I am curious if the prosecutors office will be open on Friday or if we will have too wait until Monday for Vance's arraignment.

Hopefully one of the papers or television stations will put the probable cause statement up.

Anyone know how far Marianna is from LR?

My friend Google says 103 miles, about 1hr 51 mins

He was actually apprehended in Little Rock, see below ...

Little Rock Police tell us they have captured the suspect in the murder of KATV Anchor Anne Pressly. His name is Curtis Lavelle Vance. Police say he was found at a house on 24th and Cross in Little Rock. He was arrested around 11 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=76381&catid=2

I wonder if his buddies know the evil they've been hoopin it up wit

Marianna is about 100 miles from Little Rock. Eastern part of the state.

Thanks, KTSB. As much as this has to be a relief for Anne's parents, it also has to be really hard for them to hear.

I don't know if Guy and Patti read this thread. If you do, know that myself, and everyone that has posted in this thread, as well as the entire nation are praying that God gives you strength and comfort.

My friend Google says 103 miles, about 1hr 51 mins

He was actually apprehended in Little Rock, see below ...

Little Rock Police tell us they have captured the suspect in the murder of KATV Anchor Anne Pressly. His name is Curtis Lavelle Vance. Police say he was found at a house on 24th and Cross in Little Rock. He was arrested around 11 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=76381&catid=2

How far is the house where the shooting took place today (it was discussed in the previous page) from where they took Vance into custody?

Also, how far are both of the houses from Anne's? Anyone know if he appears on the friends list on her Facebook or MySpace page?

Police spokesman Lt. Terry Hastings said Vance knew officers had been seeking him. Thomas said before the arrest that Vance was believed to be armed with a 9mm pistol and "a lot of extra ammunition."

Thomas said at a late-evening news conference that the capital murder charge against Vance was based on "a very, very solid case due to solid detective work." He offered no details, however.

Hastings had said previously that DNA and other evidence from the scene gave police a portrait of the suspect, though they did not have a name until this month. One of Pressly's credit cards was used at a gas station after the beating, but Hastings said security camera footage didn't provide a good look at the person using it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/551/story/379867.html

How many "traffic violators" do you know that carry a 9mm w/a lot of extra ammo?

One of Pressly's credit cards was used at a gas station after the beating, but Hastings said security camera footage didn't provide a good look at the person using it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/551/story/379867.html

quote]

"The suspect reportedly used Pressly's credit card at an I-30 service station early Oct. 20, the morning she was found beaten in her home. Reports circulated today, too, of blood-stained clothing being found nearby in MacArthur Park that might be connected to the case."

curtislavellevance-1.jpg

Curtis Lavelle Vance

Complete article here:

http://www.arktimes.com/blogs/arkansasblog/2008/11/breaking_pressly_cae_arrest.aspx#comments

ABC says that LE recieved a tip on Vance's wherebouts. Anybody heard anything about motive?

I am so glad he is now off the streets. Scum does not deserve to breathe.
She had so much going for her, was not bothering a soul, just seemed plain good.

I agree. I thought it would be a totally different type of perp. I am just glad that they had the evidence to tie it together. I am guessing he had DNA on file and they were able to match. I know you don't have to give the court DNA for traffic violations but you also don't have a mugshot made in an orange jumper for 'traffic violations'.

There have been rumblings in the Little Rock online community for weeks that it was a black male due to hair analysis from the CS.

He is EXACTLY the type of low life scum I have thought of as the perp. I hope he gets the death penalty and is executed without delay.

If motive was simply for robbery then I will be even more upset. One tank of gas for a life?!? Not right at all. I'm glad he was caught.

Better than named the scum bag was arrested at his home. So hopefully some questions, like WHY can be answered.

Last nite was so frustrating. My WiFi totally crapped out around 10 PM. Thank you everyone who sent me messages about the news conference.

I did not sleep much all nite but feel some sense of relief. Imagine going to sleep at least knowing they had a name and face and waking to his arrest!

I was glad to hear the news of an arrest this morning! At least the is off the street and it shows that LE have been doing their jobs. Maybe now, Anne and her family will find some justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back