GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So she knew this dude? That's sort of surprising to me.

You would be surprised at how many wouldn't "look the type" that are. Everyone from gangbangers to terrorists living in caves use the internet for their own purposes.

That is true. Im never surprised by much nowdays. I have Facebook but feel uncomfortable using it really, especially now. Ive had accounts hacked, etc. too.

Better than named the scum bag was arrested at his home. So hopefully some questions, like WHY can be answered.

Last nite was so frustrating. My WiFi totally crapped out around 10 PM. Thank you everyone who sent me messages about the news conference.

I did not sleep much all nite but feel some sense of relief. Imagine going to sleep at least knowing they had a name and face and waking to his arrest!

Good Morning CL~
I have had the same probs w/ WiFi. I am just glad, or should I say, thankful :) that you were at least able to see (or read about) the news conference.

Have a great day!
Flossie

Wow. What a truly THANKSgiving this is. Yesterday, the news of Brianna Denison's murderer captured, and now this morning, Anne Pressly's murderer. I have to say, he isn't what I expected. I still think this looked like a personal/rage murder. Unless he was high when he committed it, that was overkill.

God Bless Anne's family.

I am thankful for so much. After a month of pretty much silence, it seems LR LE WAS working hard behind the scenes. Somehow I figured they were doing this. Especially when they had seemed to not be following some potential leads, like not interviewing contractors, silence on the video from the gas station, silence on the purse/bloody clothes rumor, etc. I do want to know his motives. Simple robbery? Crime of opportunity?, some connection to Anne (whether she knew it or not) etc. I am just so glad they got him.

My emotions are so confused this morning. But I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me spiritually, emotinally and even physically. Its a day to be thankfull and gratefull for all that all of us have. And to remember those who are still in pain and need of closure, answers and help.

Wow. What a truly THANKSgiving this is. Yesterday, the news of Brianna Denison's murderer captured, and now this morning, Anne Pressly's murderer. I have to say, he isn't what I expected. I still think this looked like a personal/rage murder. Unless he was high when he committed it, that was overkill.

God Bless Anne's family.

Good Morning Soobs~
I am curious as to what you expected the murderer to be like. The man arrested was exactly what I thought he would be. And, I am with you ~ I have followed the Brianna Dennison case and this one from the beginning of both. I am in shock and very THANKFUL that arrests have been made in both of these cases. I watched the news conference of this case last night. I had a feeling that an arrest would have been made when I awoke this morning.
:woohoo: Good Job LRPD! :woohoo:

God Bless Anne's family.

I still say that this wasn't about robbery. I firmly believe had it been, more would have been taken than a tank of gas. It appeared to be personal. Maybe, when she fought back it angered him to the point of no return. I'm just glad he is off the streets. At least her family now knows who even if they never know for sure why. I will keep her parents in my prayers.

I am thankful for so much.
My emotions are so confused this morning. But I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me spiritually, emotinally and even physically. Its a day to be thankfull and gratefull for all that all of us have. And to remember those who are still in pain and need of closure, answers and help.

CL~
I am thankful that you are on WS and I pray that you can find some sort of healing through being here. God Bless you, CL. You are a blessing to many.

Kathee - No, he was not on her facebook friends list.

I am ECSTATIC that this monster has been caught! What a wonderful thing to give thanks for today.

I felt like this would be the type of suspect ever since I heard about the black male DNA. As I was watching the news last night, everytime they flashed his picture I got so angry inside, so pissed off.

I wonder if this is the guy who sent the rumored email, saying something about "I'm coming into town." Since he didn't live in LR, I guess that would make sense.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Anne didn't know him and had never had any type of contact with him. I do NOT think she knew him - I think he went to her house with the intent to rape, beat and kill her, honestly. I am curious about if he was stalking her and the extent of that.

Now that this waste-of-space has been caught, I'm sure we will hear more details about the case, hear a motive, and figure out WHY.

I just want to give the LRPD and all the other LE that worked on this case high fives!! :clap:

Good Morning Soobs~
I am curious as to what you expected the murderer to be like. The man arrested was exactly what I thought he would be. And, I am with you ~ I have followed the Brianna Dennison case and this one from the beginning of both. I am in shock and very THANKFUL that arrests have been made in both of these cases. I watched the news conference of this case last night. I had a feeling that an arrest would have been made when I awoke this morning.
:woohoo: Good Job LRPD! :woohoo:

Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving! I don't mean that he doesn't match any physical description that I had in my head. I just mean that I still think the murder itself looked like a personal one - someone who either had a history with her, or stalked her, or something to that effect. It may very well turn out that he did know her, but I think the beating was indicative of rage - unless, again, he was high.

As to whether Vance knew Pressly, Chief Thomas says they're questioning him and do not know right now.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=76381&catid=2

Good Morning All~
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

PG,
Do you have a link that says they knew each other?
I could not find that info. The above info. is all I could find about them "knowing each other".

Sorry, I got confused about the social networking posts... I thought he was communicating to her via that for some reason. Thank you so much for looking into it. :)

Thank goodness they have arrested someone. He's not what I expected at all. I know the people in Little Rock will sleep a little better now that he's in jail.

What a disgusting individual.

Kathee - No, he was not on her facebook friends list.

Let me clarify something. I was not saying she knew him, or was friends with him, but she may have accepted him to her friends list if a request was sent.

I know I have accepted some people I don't know.....will think twice about it now!

My suspect was WM late 20-40's with attitude problem towards women. Maybe a rapist escalating his crimes. Think Brianna Dennison's murderer. I have no problem saying I am wrong.

I just heard the news of an arrest and I'm sooooo happy!!! It's wonderful that this is off the streets - kudos to LE for a job well done! Continued prayers for Anne's family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back