GUILTY AR - Anne Pressly, 26, raped & murdered, Little Rock, 20 Oct 2008 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post a link to the Today show, where Patti is saying Anne was reaching out to her?

In the 20/20 special her mother specifically said Anne only moved ONCE (briefly) and that was when she was in the hospital.

I was actually thinking of the Good Morning America walk-through interview and when the mother was describing her own reaction. My apologies.

As collette and gooniequeen mentioned, maybe the person on AMW drew the same conclusion. I don't know. I certainly meant no harm in posting my recollection about the GMA or Today show interviews and I seriously doubt the AMW talking head was intentionally trying to mislead anyone either. In any event, I just reviewed the GMA, Today show and another CNN interview and the only thing her mother has ever mentioned about her hands was that her left hand was broken. She doesn't say anything about her not being able to move her right (non-broken) hand or her arms.

So, for the sake of argument, there is really nothing out there to indicate that she didn't attempt maybe even only once to move one or both of her hands or arms. Maybe that's how her mother realized her left hand was broken? Isn't it possible that Mrs. Canady has mentioned something to the AMW reporter that was not in the mainstream media at first? Sorry, I'm just a little taken aback by the responses to this that sound angry or something that I even suggested she moved her hands. There are certainly worse things being speculated online than whether she made a gesture of help to her mother.

LR ~

I for one am not angry at all. I think we were all suprised to hear that Anne maybe did try and interact with her mom, since non of us had heard that before.

The internet can be a strange place sometimes as the written word is often misunderstood.

All input is welcome here. ( I hope)

LR ~

I for one am not angry at all. I think we were all suprised to hear that Anne maybe did try and interact with her mom, since non of us had heard that before.

The internet can be a strange place sometimes as the written word is often misunderstood.

All input is welcome here. ( I hope)

gooniequeen, I didn't mean you. Sorry. When I referenced you, I just meant that you were pretty much saying on the other page what I was trying to say on this one. lol I was just surprised at some of the other responses right after me.

*Anne's broken hand was discovered in the hospital, by the physicians treating her. "The injury looks as though it occurred while she was defending herself." (her primary physician reported this during a live and local press conference in Little Rock)

*Her mother stated that Anne only moved "Once" and that was while she was in the hospital. (she said this during one of her interviews)

I wonder why the gag order was put in place for Vance??? And I can't wait until the trial starts. I want to know the real reason why he did this to Anne. There is more information in this case than meets the eye. Vance is crazy, but he had a motive, this was too personal, but Anne didn't know him.

I wonder why the gag order was put in place for Vance??? And I can't wait until the trial starts. I want to know the real reason why he did this to Anne. There is more information in this case than meets the eye. Vance is crazy, but he had a motive, this was too personal, but Anne didn't know him.

The gag order doesn't pertain to Vance per se. It effects all of the various official entities like Law enforcement, etc. Vance has a lock on his jail house records. Personally, I view it as an extension of the gag order. Since no one official can comment on the Anne Pressly case, if jail house records were made public, reporters could track down Vances visitors and possibly gain info from them, since they would be outside the gag orders jurisdiction.

I don't think the lock on his visit records has anything to do with a cover up, etc.

Here in Florida its the opposite. Jail house visits are video taped and the visits and phone calls are made public. All the Nick Hogan nonsense, Casey Anthony stuff, etc. is all over the news. And there is a lot of discussion about how appropriate that really is or isnt in that even with people like Casey Anthony, they should be presumed innocent until proven guilty, yet all the "private" jail house visits and convos are used by people like Nancy Grace to try them and convict them in the court of public opinion.

From what is now known about Vance, this honestly seems to fit his widening MO of crime. Sad but true. I don't see any reason to think it is something really complicated or (more) lurid. He is accused of raping at least one other woman this year, has been trespassing, casing neighborhoods, seen at a local gym masturbating in the parking lot, etc. People like this can and do escalate in violence.

When my sister and I were assaulted (in our home at night) the guy that did it was a professional "aquaintance" but had no serious criminal history. He would be someone in the Vance vein that obsessed about women, had some minor charges of trespassing, etc. Now he has LWP for murder, sexual assault, etc.

i'm not angry or upset at anyone. it takes me some time and effort to write and i try to just be direct and not rable around. so maybe it coms off blunt sometimes.

i wouldnt sweat it. nothing some eggnog and rum and mistletoe wont cure.

I have no clue. In Florida it takes a while. I have two trials pending in January stemming from a March 1 2008 assault. The Casey Anthony case here was scheduled to go to trial in January and that case hit the fan this last summer... so about 10 months in my case and 5 for her

i'm not angry or upset at anyone. it takes me some time and effort to write and i try to just be direct and not rable around. so maybe it coms off blunt sometimes.

i wouldnt sweat it. nothing some eggnog and rum and mistletoe wont cure.[/QUOTE]

I like the bolded notation. Maybe I will put that on my Christmas cards next year???? LOL. Hope you are well Ms. Lashelle. :)

they haven't said its a DP case or not. in florida a DP case can be under a year. i think it really depends on the backlog of cases in the court. there is a right to a speedy trial, which I think can be waived, although i don't know about that process or not.

it may be that in the end some sort of deal is reached... pleads guilty to lesser charges for LWP or something... who knows.

I hope the trial will start soon, and that it won't take a year. In the kamaya Weathersby case, they sentenced Michael Banks right away and that was a murder case, but the two brothers are still awaiting trial, it's been a year. And on another note, there are a lot of dudes here in Little Rock that are just like Vance! Almost every time that I go out to the gas station or to the store, I'm almost stalked by thugs like Vance trying to follow me. Yesterday I was at Family Dollar in southwest LR, and this dude in a Escalade with 20 in. rims saw me and said something like hey baby, I ignored him, and got in my car, he got mad and sped up behind me almost hitting my car, and then followed me, so I sped up and lost him. Curtis Vance need to be made an example, because there are some copycats out there.

I didn't realize Little Rock was such a dangerous city. I used to call on golf courses there aout 15 years ago and never had the feeling that I was in a dangerous place. I do remember once though checking into a motel in West Memphis near the racetrack one evening on a sales trip and turning on the TV. They announced that Memphis was the rape capitol of America. Needless to say, I locked and bolted the door and did not go out for dinner that night.

Yes, Little Rock has a lot of thugs here! About 2 weeks after Anne Pressly's attack, another dude that had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, went to her apartment and beat her the same way Pressly was beat, she was 32 and had 2 kids but they were not home with her at the time. After he beat her she ran outside and told her neighbor to call the police and then she collapsed. The neighbor said on the news that he never saw anyone beaten so bad before. Her name was Shymeccah Williams. She was put on life support for a few days but she died, her injuries were a cracked skull and brain swelling just like Anne. They caught the dude that did it, he was copying off Vance, so Vance need to be made an example of. And I really don't know about Jermaine Taylor's involvement, not until the trial starts, it's suppose to start soon because that's the reason the prosecutor dropped his lawsuit against the sealing of Vance's jail records, he said he would't get a decision back before the trial starts.

Not that i found. I Google it a couple times a day still. I don't expect much until it goes to Trial. Since all the holidays are past now maybe there will be some news on the legal process moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela