Found Deceased AR - Ashley Bush, 33, *31 wks pregnant, met woman online for job interview*, Maysville, 31 October 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to lean that way too because if there was a legit kidnapping of a pregnant woman, LE would be getting descriptions of person and vehicle out ASAP.

I also just said read that preterm babies born at 31 weeks have a survival rate of 90-95%, but I'm unsure if that number is based on hospitalization and medical access to a specialized nursery.
That survival rate would be hospital based. Babies born at 31 weeks would need respiratory support and surfactant.

Survival Outside the Womb​

At 31 weeks, a baby is in the last week of the very preterm category. With each week that a baby completes in utero, the chances of survival without disabilities related to prematurity get better. Babies will still require special care in the NICU for at least a few weeks, but at 31 weeks, the rate of survival is up to 99%.5

The above quote is WITH hospital care

Last edited by a moderator:

"All I saw was her and the lady she rode with both pass me and neither one of them stopped. The woman that she was riding with, the driver, looked right at me and kept going"

what does "neither one of them stopped" mean?
The former (your quote), would seem to be language used for a convoy.

Unfortunately, since Ashley didn't have a car and nothing else in the story suggests she did, this sounds wrong.

"The woman that she was riding with", then negates "neither one of them stopped", to me.

Of course, AR is one of those places where there are different locutions (a lot of saying "whenever" in circumstances when the rest of us would probably say, well, "when", just to name one that I know of); so maybe this locution isn't as strange locally as it sounds to my ears.

This is a strange case and whichever way this goes, I'm very worried for Ashley.

I could see the Lucy story being real to a certain extent. I am not sure if a time for the morning drop-off was ever reported anywhere, but morning could even be 11 or 11:30 to some people. I'll be honest, if I greet people in a meeting anytime before noon I say "good morning." So it could really be 4-4.5 hours she was gone. Maybe lunch was involved. I'm trying to think of reasons they'd be gone since "morning" and Ashley would not be suspicious of anything to text her fiance. Unless she didn't feel she ever had a chance to text him. Also if they were supposed to meet with a boss or some other people to do the interview, either someone else had to be involved in this (possible) or an excuse was given to Ashley as to why they couldn't come. Otherwise, you'd again think she'd text her fiance saying "Hey there's not even a boss here to interview with and I'm concerned."

It is very odd IMO to drive back by the mini mart where the fiance was in order to abduct her. The only real reason I can think of is to be excessively cruel and stare him in the face as you abduct his fiance. Still, even if you want to do that for some odd reason, you have no way of knowing he wouldn't catch you in pursuit plus it opens you up to possibly more camera footage. The whole thing is strange IMO

I think the story sounds entirely true. I think “Lucy” might have thought Ashley was further along than she was. I just don’t think the fiancé would add so many details making it up, such as the public library meetup, etc. I think Ashley needed a work from home position, this woman stepped in and pretended for as long as she could; possibly taking Ashley to the “interview location” and saying the boss had to cancel last minute.

I also think driving by the Handi-Mart “Lucy” was trying to get the nerve to kidnap Ashley but pretended to drive her back to her fiancé but in the last minute made the decision to keep driving surprising Ashley only at that point.

I hope Ashley is found before it is too late.

New from LE today, not much but it sounds like they haven't got Ashley and "Lucy" together on any CCTV footage.

Deputies say that while they have been searching through the night for Bush and received numerous leads from the community, they are "hopeful" after new developments. The sheriff's office said they cannot share those developments due to the sensitivity of the case.

Authorities are asking anyone who may have been in the area of the Handi-Mart or the Gravette library and might have seen Bush with the woman to contact Detective Susan Matthews. Anyone who lives near those areas has also been asked to pass along any doorbell camera footage.

Last edited:
Why is LE asking for anyone who saw Ashley with Lucy at the Handi Mart to come forth? Surely not for a description since fiance would be the best source for that. Are they questioning whether Ashley was ever there with Lucy? MOO

Yeah, I wouldn't pin too many hopes on cameras at what looks overwhelmingly likely to be a tiny standalone library in a largely dead strip mall...

On the bright side, I can’t imagine any librarian missing this going on in a building of that size.

The library looks like a bowling alley. Maybe it's regional but I've never seen a library like that before.

The news video at this link has an interview with Ashley's fiance that clarifies a couple of details. He said that he and Ashley met Lucy on Friday for what they thought was the first of two job interviews. Lucy seemed nice and even offered them baby clothes. On Mon. when he was expecting Ashley to be dropped off at Handi-Mart and was waiting to pick her up, the tan pick-up truck arrived and Lucy looked directly at him and then kept on driving. He tried to chase after her, but by the time he could get to the top of the hill she wasn't in sight, so he doesn't know what direction she went. They contacted the company Lucy said she worked for. The company had never heard of her and said that they don't hire through Facebook. The sheriff has Ashley's phone. (This interview doesn't say how they found her phone, but there comments on the Benton County Sheriff's Office Facebook page that might give some indication of that.)

Lucy seems to be very good at details. If this is truly an abduction, to meet the fiancé the previous Friday to ease their minds - that’s planning in advance. MOO. Love to be wrong (again ) on this one, but I’m very fearful for Ashley and the safety of her baby.

Very important clue, I agree.

Another thing I'm curious about. Ashley is almost eight months along, what was driving the need to find a job at this particular time? Rhetorical question of sorts, obviously the need for money. But still curious about the details. Had she been previously employed recently?
I wonder if she was trying to set up job early before delivery so it would be there for after birth. For some work from home jobs you need to upgrade home equipment so she could have just been being proactive.

How do they already have her text messages?

Edit: nvm - I misunderstood LE’s mention of the text AB sent to the guy who was supposed to pick her up from the mart.

Last edited:
LE has expanded their search to southern Missouri. LE says they’ve had development in the case & are hopeful but still want witnesses to come forward & people to check their doorbell cameras

https://www.5newsonline.com/watch (I can’t link directly to the video, you have to scroll down a bit to find this story)
Haven't watched it yet, but if southern Missouri factors in, that tells me that Lucy probably does in fact exist. If this was made up (I thought that was a possibility), then Missouri doesn't really fit. That doesn't mean this will necessarily have a happy ending though, but we'll see.

If bf is primary on the account, he can request them
Yeah, I mistook it as AB sending “Lucy” a text to pick her up for the interview. I realize now AB’s ride to and/or from the interview’s meet-up location had been a man (boyfriend/husband) and LE could’ve gotten the texts from him.

Last edited:
Does “Lucy” exist?
The more I read the more I’m thinking there was no Lucy. If there is a Lucy, there has to be someone else involved who did the interview at the place they drove to. Ashley would have texted something to her fiancé if there was no interview once Lucy got her to the location. MOO

The news video at this link has an interview with Ashley's fiance that clarifies a couple of details. He said that he and Ashley met Lucy on Friday for what they thought was the first of two job interviews. Lucy seemed nice and even offered them baby clothes. On Mon. when he was expecting Ashley to be dropped off at Handi-Mart and was waiting to pick her up, the tan pick-up truck arrived and Lucy looked directly at him and then kept on driving. He tried to chase after her, but by the time he could get to the top of the hill she wasn't in sight, so he doesn't know what direction she went. They contacted the company Lucy said she worked for. The company had never heard of her and said that they don't hire through Facebook. The sheriff has Ashley's phone. (This interview doesn't say how they found her phone, but there comments on the Benton County Sheriff's Office Facebook page that might give some indication of that.)

How did Ashley get out to meet Lucy on Monday in this scenario; and where?

Did Lucy pick her up? Did fiance ferry her? Did Ashley walk to the Handi-Mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight