DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a list of violent incidents involving realtors:

http://www.clovisrealestateagents.com/compiledincidents.php

Snipped from link above:
...Upon searching the house, they found Prevette’s body in a downstairs closet.

Snipped from link below:
...At 9:00 Carl came to the home and found Beverly's car and purse. The front door was wide open.

"I went in the house and I went through the closet and everything," he said.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...-on-search-of-be/89164/UikpIAyP4Ei-yJo80e5Vug

I wonder if they asked for Beverly when they called?

That would definitely be interesting to find out.

Though if the call went to her directly that would change whether we could find it out, I'd suspect?

That they apparently know where they are from should make it easier to look at the calls she got and trace a number I'd think (though not everyone has a cell number reflective of where they actually reside, so that could play into it)

I think I read somewhere that the late night ping came from around the Roosevelt Rd area, the one that said she was out with friends.

And how much her friend who got the texts earlier (7 something) might be questioning if she should have seen a red flag :( With LE now saying they're not sure those were from Bev either, I'm sure she's replayed reading them over and over also.

Though I'm guessing if she was abducted by someone who may have been trying to convince others she was ok and keep them from thinking anything was wrong and anyone looking earlier, that it was possibly too late even by the time the friend got the texts.

The fact that the ones to her husband mentioned drinking - and she doesn't drink - makes it seem less likely it's anyone who knows her also.
I'm still hoping that she in fact sent the text and the reference to the drinking was an alert to her husband that something was off (as in her abductor told her to let her husband know she was okay and she figured out a way to let her husband know otherwise). This would mean that hours after she went missing she was still alive...which means there's still hope. The alternative...that the person that took her sent the text...well....

Was there mention of the car being locked? I looked but didn't find it. TIA

It's in the same articles from the ones with the agency talking about her missing the other appointments:

Carter, 49, was set to show two other properties that day, but never made her next appointments, Steve Brown, executive vice president at Crye-Leike, told Inman News.

Instead, after not being able to get in touch with Carter, her husband drove over to the home and found her locked 2014 Cadillac SRX in the driveway with her purse inside, the front door to the home open and no one there.

http://www.inman.com/2014/09/26/cas...anger-of-showing-homes-to-unvetted-strangers/

http://www.trendmls.com/Guest/News/IndustryNewsShowDoc.aspx?InmanId=124488

Mammyblue, this was posted on the FBFB.

"And the neighbor who saw that truck drive to the end of their street said he had a long pointed beard and was wearing a hat. Same truck description; with a long wheel base."

https://www.facebook.com/FindBeverlyCarter?ref=ts&fref=ts

This truck was not long wheel base the guy had a short beard with baseball hat and it was salt and pepper beard, I know there are a zillion beat up gray trucks with bearded guys wearing caps in south Arkansas that's what makes it so frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That craigslist ad really freaks me out. That's a mighty big coincidence. And why did they search the house she showed previously? What could that signify?

I'm sure they wanted to see if there was evidence there for any reason. I'm sure everywhere she'd been earlier in the day was checked for clues, along with everywhere she was known to possibly also be going.

They'd look for anything there that could be a clue or would possibly give any more direction on who she was showing the foreclosure home to specifically.

I'd guess they'd want to look at foot prints and tire impressions, as well.

And also need/want to eliminate the possibility of someone taking her back to a home that would NOT be the place she'd last been known to be at, as the last place would of course be the first checked (and probably the most thoroughly checked)

When you're talking about someone who has access to places that are often unoccupied, it gives a whole lot of places someone could try to do something to her and/or put her.

And while a lockbox would indicate someone entering that way, if the home didn't have an alarm, someone could easily have left another door or window ajar to access the home later.

In fact, the last home I went to with a realtor had the patio door ajar from someone else who had taken someone through the home (wasn't my realtor - he'd never been inside the property until the day we were driving around) at some other point in time. I'm sure it was an oversight, but it certainly could be done intentionally if someone wanted to try to use a place to do something nefarious.

I seem to remember other cases where the 'client' was a cash-only buyer and the realtor went missing. That should be the first red-flag for realtors that they absolutely MUST take someone with them when it's a cash offer, regardless of other circumstances.

Just wanted to point out that Beverly is wearing a black sleeveless shirt in her main RE pic, posted multiple times in the thread. I don't think that she was dressed unprofessionally and I don't think she was showing too much skin. That smacks of "asking for it"--victim blaming. A woman should be able to wear shorts without being attacked.

Could I say she was a very attractive woman & maybe this attracted a predator? Hope I'm allowed to say that.

This truck was not long wheel base the guy had a short beard with baseball hat and it was salt and pepper beard, I know there are a zillion beat up gray trucks with bearded guys wearing caps in south Arkansas that's what makes it so frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely frustrating.
Though, he could've trimmed the beard, since, a pointy beard is sort of distinct and memorable.

I say it is definitely worth a call. JMO.

To me - the fact that this particular house she was showing was in Scott & not a more city like area like Little Rock, reinforces my fear that this was indeed a planned abduction. (For those that don't know, Scott is very very rural.)
I have to say that my first thought was NOT abduction but the more I read & learn, the more I'm leaning towards this being an infatuation situation. :(

Snipped...
...Saturday's volunteers were divided into two groups -- one group searched Old River Road, where Carter's car was found, and the other group was sent to I-30 and Highway 161. Some searched by foot, others by ATV. Deputies received dozens of requests from search crews to check on items that could possibly lead to clues, but so far, no evidence has turned up.

I cant figure out a motive other than she is a beautiful woman and someone became infatuated with her. Its crossed by mind that this could have been a man and woman team but I cant find a logical motive for that.

I agree. Maybe even a rage thing by someone who wanted her and she refused?

While someone mentioned she'd been quite successful (her bio indicating #3 in one category in the state, among other things) I'd think the only way that'd really be another possible motive is if someone was trying to hold her for ransom or was intending to rob her.

The former is very rare here and the latter seems ruled out by the fact that her purse was intact - meaning not only did they not take anything from it, they also didn't take her WITH those things to force her to withdraw money or something.

I'm sure they wanted to see if there was evidence there for any reason. I'm sure everywhere she'd been earlier in the day was checked for clues, along with everywhere she was known to possibly also be going.

They'd look for anything there that could be a clue or would possibly give any more direction on who she was showing the foreclosure home to specifically.

I'd guess they'd want to look at foot prints and tire impressions, as well.

And also need/want to eliminate the possibility of someone taking her back to a home that would NOT be the place she'd last been known to be at, as the last place would of course be the first checked (and probably the most thoroughly checked)

When you're talking about someone who has access to places that are often unoccupied, it gives a whole lot of places someone could try to do something to her and/or put her.

And while a lockbox would indicate someone entering that way, if the home didn't have an alarm, someone could easily have left another door or window ajar to access the home later.

In fact, the last home I went to with a realtor had the patio door ajar from someone else who had taken someone through the home (wasn't my realtor - he'd never been inside the property until the day we were driving around) at some other point in time. I'm sure it was an oversight, but it certainly could be done intentionally if someone wanted to try to use a place to do something nefarious.

Just my 2 cents from experience.....the newer electronic (and more expensive) type of lockboxes that started popping up around 2004 will give a printout showing the time of whoever entered the house.
I fear if the key to the house hasn't been found it is because she had it on her person. Maybe in a pocket?

I once did an open house for one of my own listings and I was by myself. There was a guy that showed up by himself and there was something about him that creeped me out. I never showed a home or did another open house again by myself.

Nope. Too scary.

http://www.katv.com/story/26636607/authorities-seeking-the-publics-help-finding-a-missing-realtor

The sheriff's office is asking any farmers or owners of large areas of land in the Scott area to please check their properties to help in the search for Beverly Carter.

Police are using a helicopter and search dogs to look for Carter. Volunteers and fellow realtors are also helping search and hand out flyers.

Also, per this article the family has requested blood hounds :( I feel like they already have major suspicions that this is indeed foul play. Asking farmers to check their lands... :( so scared this will be a bad outcome.

It would be really helpful if the couple she was supposed to meet came forward... hopefully that is happening.

If it really was even actually a couple... :(

A couple requesting to see a home would most likely make someone feel much more at ease.

If they didn't meet at another place (out in front of the agency or a known local business that someone out of town would find easily) and so thus she didn't have whoever she was showing the home to following her, but instead met at the residence directly, if someone then showed up alone, it'd almost be too late.

An agent could be caught off guard expecting a couple and then end up there alone with just a guy (although I guess it could also be a jealous female)

I think I may have missed something. How did we find out she was meeting a couple again? Last I read it was a man that she had never met who was willing to pay cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak