GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That craigslist ad really freaks me out. That's a mighty big coincidence. And why did they search the house she showed previously? What could that signify?

I saw a few posts on Craigslist in the "Housing Wanted" section from people looking to buy rural homes near Little Rock. Then I did a general search in the personals section for the keyword realtor and found this listing. Memphis is about a 2.5 hour drive from Scott. From what I've read about Beverly by friends who have known her for years, I can't imagine she'd ever be on Craigslist looking for a hookup, but I found the post interesting.

[modsnip]

That's interesting and creepy :notgood:. I am glad you reported this to LE!

Did anyone see an article that the realtor lock is missing? Why would this be removed? Why would a bad guy take it? Why would she remove it? Maybe the article is wrong? Let me see if I can find where I read it. I've read several articles tonight.

That craigslist ad really freaks me out. That's a mighty big coincidence. And why did they search the house she showed previously? What could that signify?

I'm not one for coincidences.
There are some scary freaks out there. (No offense to the harmless freaks).
Nothing on CL would surprise me.

I saw a few posts on Craigslist in the "Housing Wanted" section from people looking to buy rural homes near Little Rock. Then I did a general search in the personals section for the keyword realtor and found this listing. Memphis is about a 2.5 hour drive from Scott. From what I've read about Beverly by friends who have known her for years, I can't imagine she'd ever be on Craigslist looking for a hookup, but I found the post interesting.

[modsnip]

This is interesting, if this person could not get/have his fantasy via this ad (no responses or so), maybe he searched a new avenue to have this fantasy happen, such as setting it up himself and making/forcing it to happen.

Good find. JMO

It would be really helpful if the couple she was supposed to meet came forward... hopefully that is happening.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but according to Facebook friends of Carter's and people who seemed to know her, she had been working on losing weight fairly recently, with the picture of Carter in a black top the most recent photo of Carter on her Facebook profile (dated Aug 22). She was by no means in need of losing weight by the looks of it, but she has definitely slimmed down it seems when looking at older photos compared to her newest one. I can't stop thinking about that Memphis Craigslist ad, either...surely just a coincidence, but I don't doubt the person responsible for her disappearance had a similar mindset. Also, looking on a page dedicated to finding BC, someone mentioned the suspicious person having a pointed beard.

I really don't think it mattered how she dressed; I think she was targeted and the perp had no idea how she would dress for the occasion. He either: wanted a female real estate agent period for his sick evil plans or picked her on purpose because he was attracted to her specifically. Could be he had seen her before since she is so successful in her field. The texts seem to come from an ignorant individual.

It's possible that she had shown the previous home to the same person or people? Perhaps someone used the bathroom or left prints that could lead to evidence.

The comment from DWB has quite a few facts as it seems..Creepy someone sent a text from her phone saying she was going drinking with friends and she doesn't drink. Hope they find her ok

It just hit me. If this was someone who knew her, he'd know that. Clearly whoever sent that text, was a.) not her and b.) someone that doesn't know her. They clearly just assumed (wrongly) that would be a believable excuse for her not being home.

Do we know what time her phone pinged on those two streets? Her husband got the texts about midnight, That seems like a long time for a perp to hang around the same town he abducted someone from.

Do we know what time her phone pinged on those two streets? Her husband got the texts about midnight, That seems like a long time for a perp to hang around the same town he abducted someone from.

If she didn't have service for a bit, it's possible the texts were sent earlier but not delivered yet.

Would someone be so kind to give a description of the suspect, because I have seen tall white now with beard. Just a refresher please trying to put it together, and does anyone know the make of the truck? Today when I went into LR about 10 miles out from Scott I noticed a truck that was beat up a little especially tailgate and it was gray covered in dust like it had been down several dirt roads or gravel anyway it sped up and slowed down and when my daughter and I went to pass he would speed up I was going 75 trying to pass, I brought up the fact to my daughter hey it's a truck that they are looking for and that's beat up some and gray, just making conversation because he was driving like a nut and kept stariing back in his side mirror at us constantly anyway when I was able to get close enough to try and look at the man, I said oh nevermind that guy has a beard and no one mentioned a beard. But it was not a thick beard like the duck dynasty guys. I noted the details of the truck before I saw the beard that changed my mind but I will not post them, I don't want anyone getting confused about what I saw and the actual truck, so could someone please post what make model the suspect was in? So I can compare to what I saw? Would not have mentioned it but now I have read a about the man having a beard so I gotta know now. If it is the same type truck I will definitely be calling authorities with tag info. Like I said this was not to far from the Scott area right on the outskirts of Little Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's frustrating is that there isn't much to go on. I am sure police know more than we do or at least have more tools than we do. I am curious about pings too. Wondering where it pinged when those "texts" were sent. Not much we can do at this point but to speculate. I do not think this was someone she knew at all. Could be wrong but I believe the family. So sad for them. She seems like a lovely lady!

Someone commented on one of the news articles that they had been together since they were teenagers and very much in love.

Yes and when I re-read MSM, an article specifically states that they were married for 35 years. Of course when everyone was doing the math earlier, we were basing it on her originally reported age of 49. We have since learned that she is in fact 51.

Mammyblue, I think you should call it in and let the police decide if it is worth following up. If it's the wrong guy, no harm done.

Well its pretty ****** who ever was texting from her phone around midnight from her phone. Her husband had already reported her missing. Imagine how the poor guy felt when he had calls coming in from her phone?

And how much her friend who got the texts earlier (7 something) might be questioning if she should have seen a red flag :( With LE now saying they're not sure those were from Bev either, I'm sure she's replayed reading them over and over also.

Though I'm guessing if she was abducted by someone who may have been trying to convince others she was ok and keep them from thinking anything was wrong and anyone looking earlier, that it was possibly too late even by the time the friend got the texts.

The fact that the ones to her husband mentioned drinking - and she doesn't drink - makes it seem less likely it's anyone who knows her also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum