GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been wrong before but I would really be surprised if the hubby had anything to do with this.

I agree.

I'm wondering two things:

1. If she had shown houses to this particular client before.

2. How close the neighbor's homes are, it's hard for me to tell from the zillow app. If it's possible for the perp to have met her at her vehicle.

Had to listen again ... now I heard it.

So what .... the person responsible for this, thought they wouldn't find her phone until midnight or later? Obviously that's what they thought.

Pretty stupid to think that someone wouldn't be looking for her before that, and find the phone. How can she be sending texts from the phone, if it's there in her car without her? Geesh!

MOO

Edited to add: SKIP THIS ... just realized her phone was not found, I thought it was.

Where are you reading this? How could they have said husband was getting texts after midnight, when he found her phone in the car, when he got to the house? That was well before midnight.

I read that her purse was in her car, not her phone. I'm sure that she would have carried her phone inside the home with her. As a Realtor, mine goes everywhere with me and with every Realtor I know. It rarely sits in my purse, it is usually in my hand or pocket. MOO

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

This story has been updated to talk about the texts.It doesnt say when he called LE but he went looking for her after 3 1/2 hours because he got worried about her. I assume he contacted them right away when he got to that house and realized something was wrong. So someone has her phone and they can ping it.My thoughts on this. Someone was making her text her husband and she texted out with friends having drinks to alert husband something was wrong because he said she didnt drink.

Melissa Schroeder @mschroederTV
Detective says it appears Beverly Carter was taken from the home. #arnews

"Her husband said he received a text from his wife around 1 a.m. Friday but that it didn't sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…We just want our mom back, and my wife of 35 years…I need her."

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

I hate the way they do virtual tours now a days. I know it helps the sale persons out and saves them gas and alot of running but its dangerous . You can see where windows and doors are and where the master bed room is where parents would be. MHO its a great tool for a predator to plan an abduction.

I am Realtor. It is not uncommon for ladies in my part of the country to wear dressy bermuda length shorts to show a home during the hotter months of the year. Add some nice sandals, a sleeveless blouse and a little jewelry to make the outfit. It is hot in the south, even in September and October. Temps have been in the mid eighties. Vacant homes usually have the air conditioning turned off or set on 80 or more to save electricity. When we show homes we sweat. Better to dress comfortably with a little bit of style !

When I show a home I carry my cell phone, a clipboard with a printout of the listing information, a pen and my electronic key for the lockbox. If someone attacked me or tried to force me to leave, some of that stuff would be on the floor. Other supplies such as contracts, tape measure, flashlight etc. are left in the car.

I remove the key from the lockbox, unlock the door, pocket the key, turn the deadbolt so that it sticks out with the door pulled almost shut. That way, I can make a quick exit without having to struggle with a closed door if I need to. Always, always the cell phone is with me.

Even when a home is vacant, we are expected to call the listing agent or their service to confirm the time we will be showing the home. We never just show up without notice. They will check their showing schedule to be sure that no one else is showing the home at that same time before confirming the appointment.

I turn on all of the lights and ceiling fans and sometimes open the blinds to show off the home at it's best. I turn it all off and close everything before I leave. I would be interested to know if the lights and fans were still on when hubby arrived at the home.

I appreciate you realtors on this thread...

It helps me understand more clearly the protocols/etc. While showing homes.....

:seeya:

I know the area grew up around there. The backwaters of the Arkansas river runs through there in fact a lot of the houses you go out in the back yard and have your own beach like area. The people living around there in those houses are pretty well off and no doubt everyone knows each other and I assume if anyone were home would have noticed anything or anybody. So praying there were neighbors home to give leads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that her purse was in her car, not her phone. I'm sure that she would have carried her phone inside the home with her. As a Realtor, mine goes everywhere with me and with every Realtor I know. It rarely sits in my purse, it is usually in my hand or pocket. MOO

OOPS .. you're right, no phone.

Wonder if there are cameras near by?

I do, too...

Even if cameras were not rolling at the house itself... Since it was a foreclosure....(conserve funds)

I hope the neighbors had surveillance/wildlife cams set up...

:please:

"Her husband said he received a text from his wife around 1 a.m. Friday but that it didn't sound like her at all.

"All of a sudden I received three texts in a row. One said 'Yes.'… Then she sent another text that said, 'My phone's low. The battery's down, and I'll call you whenever I get signal.' …And, then, straight back-to-back, I received a text that said 'Oh, I'm out drinking with some friends,'" he recited. "Beverly's not a drinker…We just want our mom back, and my wife of 35 years…I need her."

Her husband looks very sad in that photo.

There is an area down that way not to far that is a recreation picnic Fishing playground and some camping, It's called willow beach and it's not as nice as it once was lots of riff raff and shady people hanging there a lot the past few times we rode down to fish it felt unsafe and we decided not to return there it was such a nice area to go but it has been overrun with unsavory individuals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Realtor, and this seems exactly right. We always leave our purse in our car, leave the front door wide open (escape route), and we always carry our cellphone. In fact, my cellphone opens the lock boxes on doors with a key fob attachment.

I'm a Realtor, and this seems exactly right. We always leave our purse in our car, leave the front door wide open (escape route), and we always carry our cellphone. In fact, my cellphone opens the lock boxes on doors with a key fob attachment.

I'm a former realtor in Canada.
Looking back, I'm quite horrified at how vulnerable we are when meeting people for the first time at the house. I can't count the number of times I have found myself in an unfinished basement of a vacant home with someone I don't know well. I didn't feel queasy at the time, but this lady's disappearance has left me with a lump in my throat.
I wish Beverly had followed the new protocols of the industry, getting a photocopy of the buyers driver's license, meeting them first in the office to qualify them. I really hope this turns out okay for her and her family.

Thank you for that info: so if the detective is saying it appears she was taken from the home, I wonder what they have found, to determine this. Perhaps just going by the obvious?

JMO

...On Friday morning, police tape roped off the driveway to the home Carter was showing and a crime scene vehicle sat at the very front of the driveway. Carter's SUV, meanwhile, was parked farther down outside the home with police evidence markers set on the ground near it.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/26/realtor-goes-show-house-disappears-deputies-say

(there's a photo of her car at the link, also a video below it, that shows her car parked further up the drive right by the house, pretty much hidden from view by trees)

car.png

video is also here: https://vine.co/u/909985375634731008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members