GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I not understand THIS sentence?

"..A tall skinny white man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said.*

HE was showing the house to? Like, another broker was, also, showing?

Why do I not understand THIS sentence?

"..A tall skinny white man got out of the truck to pull up the one he was showing the house to," a neighbor said.*

HE was showing the house to? Like, another broker was, also, showing?

That one is puzzling, the way it s written. If it's not a mistaken quote, I wonder if the witness simply assumed that the man was in charge by the way he walked or acted. Maybe he arrived first?

As for moving the other vehicle, if she parked behind him before entering the home and he attacked or restrained her inside the home, he might need to move her car before backing his out of the drive, or maybe he just wanted to pull her car closer to the house or around the side so it wouldn't be obvious it was still there. He had to know that neighbors might find it strange if her car was right out front of that vacant house all night.

I don't get the "husband did it " vibe at all in this case but it is worth noting that her hubby fits the description of the man.

On the other hand, some real estate agents can be very competitive. Maybe we have a mentally deranged male agent or former agent who is angry about her success. FYI, lots of "flippers" start out as an agent before turning to flipping houses to supplement their income. Foreclosures are their bread and butter.

I think we need a scanner thread for the search. Anyone up for starting one?

What would the motive be? Robbery? There was nothing to take if the house was empty, her purse was left in the car, and a nice caddy left behind. Certainly wasn't robbery. Attractive woman...her picture in every Sunday paper real estate section....was her pic on signs in the yards of homes for sales...with her phone number??
Was she being stalked? The "unknown person" called HER to see the home...they did not call the listing agent. Why did they call HER out of all the possible RE agents out there?

On the flip side...wonder how her personal life was going...
Was it common for the husband to know the exact address of the home she was showing? She had been in RE for a while. I can imagine she may say...hey...I've got a home to show this afternoon...I will be late. After all the years of being in RE...would she give him the exact location of each home with each showing? I can see how she would be excited early on in her career about her first few homes and would be detailed with her day of appointments. But she had been doing this for years. I am not in RE but I rarely tell my husband my exact location. I may say I have to drop by the store on the way home...or I am meeting the girls for a margarita...I will be late and will call on the way home. Maybe I should tell him. I don't think there is a right or wrong...just trying to figure out this case. Hope she is found soon.

MOO

many good points here...

I, too, find it interesting... And beneficial for the case... That her husband was told the location of the home she was showing on Old River Drive...

but... I wonder why the name of the person she was showing the house to was not communicated to him....
( or anyone at all...)

:waitasec:

I have other possible ideas about what she was doing at the home, but I don't want to offend. Just putting it out there for thought.

My wife is an agent. This has been a huge concern with me. Female agents put pictures of themselves on cards, signs and billboards. My wife calls in showings and follows procedures, but she has still had several very creepy encounters. Some encounters are simply men who are wanting to "sell" their home and set up a meeting. 2 months ago, I trained and equipped her with a firearm. She makes it a point to text me and our sons with addresses she is going to meet unknown people at.

As far as this case, I am wondering if Zillow, Trulia or other sights can get an IP address from all hits on that property or other properties listed by her online. FBI should be on that I hope. Also, her friend ( Staci Medlock) is a very attractive agent in the same area and I wonder if there are any suspicious calls that could be traced to both agents.

I have other possible ideas about what she was doing at the home, but I don't want to offend. Just putting it out there for thought.

That is a possibility, but there would still have to be a huge motive and link. I tend to be reserved about that theory until something comes out otherwise that points to that. Her phone records, social media sights and so forth would go a long way toward that. The thing that gets me is there has to be phone records indicating where the call came from. That cell could be traced even if it is an anonymous throw away phone that is pre-paid. The location it was purchased at, other numbers it has called, and where the re-fill minutes were bought. LE needs to RUSH this because retail stores only have limited number of recording days that their DVRs will keep.

many good points here...

I, too, find it interesting... And beneficial for the case... That her husband was told the location of the home she was showing on Old River Drive...

but... I wonder why the name of the person she was showing the house to was not communicated to him....
( or anyone at all...)

:waitasec:

My wife is an agent. She doesn't tell me the name of the individual . It really doesn't matter because until a buyer/seller agreement is obtained, you have no way of verifying the person's name just based on showing them a property. You are at their mercy of whatever they tell you. Regarding the address being given to husband... not unusual at all. My wife will text me the address on certain showings so that their is a record of where she is at and what time she was arriving. If I don't get a followup text soon, then there would be a problem.

The fact that the have a description of a vehicle & a man but have not publicly shared the details & asked for information leads me to thinking they may already be on the trail.

:thinking:

She and her husband live in the area. If it was someone she knew, I'm sure she would have told her husband the name of the person who was interested in the house. Scott is a very small community.

I hope the possibility is being looked into that she knew the person well enough if they called and wanted to look at the house she ran by to show them off record, also let's think of this all those houses about have their own docks and boats possibly someone she knew lured her there but arrived by boat and left by boat!! That way no vehicles were seen and no one probably thought anything about anyone on the water in the boats as nice it has been here. Just a thought I hope they check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realtors take their cell phone everywhere. I don't know anyone who leaves their cell in the car while showing a home.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned down the thread (I've just started reading from the beginning) but in our area most Realtors have lockbox key software on their phones instead of separate lockbox key hardware. They use their phones as lockbox keys to open the lockboxes on the houses to show the properties.

Just an observation. The google aerial view of the property shows an empty lot on one side & 2 houses on the other. I lump these 4 lots together because they stand out to me by not having break walls or boat docks. My guess is the homes were primary residences & not (lake) vacation homes.

Snipped by me

On the other hand, some real estate agents can be very competitive. Maybe we have a mentally deranged male agent or former agent who is angry about her success. FYI, lots of "flippers" start out as an agent before turning to flipping houses to supplement their income. Foreclosures are their bread and butter.

This is very plausible. A former agent who worked hard but didn't do well posing as a cash buyer in a hurry. Perhaps not one of the 'beautiful people'. (The industry attracts a lot of big egos, and female agents that pose like celebrities in glamour shots). Not everyone is impressed, some are offended by the posturing that goes on.

Photos at links...
@Hilary_TV: Search parties combing through high grass looking for signs of Beverly #FindBeverly #ARnews http://t.co/FM6b07qqOi

@Hilary_TV: Search parties will be on foot, using ATVs and trucks to find any signs of Beverly. #FindBeverly #arnews http://t.co/wrT6LKtPuV

@Hilary_TV: 2 groups in the search party. Each group with more than 50 people covering about 10 miles of area. #FindBeverly http://t.co/lbmZtedvZ1

Sounds to me she was set up.I say that because I feel it had to be premeditated / planned to get her specifically to that location. The texts point to a first timer, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3