GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CGasvVcUAAEeFfF.jpg

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 1h1 hour ago

Arron Lewis set to appear before judge this morning for omnibus hearing. #arnews

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 1h1 hour ago

Arron Lewis set to appear before judge this morning for omnibus hearing. #arnews

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 47m47 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Asking for laptop to prepare case.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 46m46 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Asking for four videos off of his phone. #ARNews

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 45m45 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Judge tells Lewis motions should have been made in writing. Gives him week to file motions. #ARNews

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 43m43 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Lewis asks judge again for access information off his cell phone. #ARNews

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 42m42 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Lewis says he asked for laptop. Prosecutors say one was made available.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 39m39 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Lewis gets upset with judge about turning over his lock code.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 38m38 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Asks for lawyer to act as co-counsel.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 37m37 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Lewis says it would not be proper for him to ask questions to people who take the stand.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 37m37 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Judge tells Lewis he must agree with questions an attorney would ask to witnesses on stand.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 33m33 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Judge says pitfalls of representing himself have become evident.

Shannon Miller ‏@_ShannonMiller 32m32 minutes ago Little Rock, AR

Lewis concerned evidence on his phone will be deleted.

no tweets from either for almost 40 minutes :thinking:

kinda left us hanging didn't they?

i will keep an eye out..........thank you for the twitters kaykay :seeya:

no tweets from either for almost 40 minutes :thinking:

kinda left us hanging didn't they?

i will keep an eye out..........thank you for the twitters kaykay :seeya:
You're welcome. Thanks for posting the tweets. I'm kind of handicapped on my phone when it comes to posting links, etc.
Yes, eerily quiet for too long!
Not one mention of Crystal Lowery in court that I've seen.

4 pews to sit in. Other cases being heard. 820am other prisoners led in. (approx. 10) so there were other family/friends with them also. A reporter sat in front of me, print iirc probably Ark Dem Gaz. I believe there was 1 other reporter. If there were any other, they were in the hallway corridor because the bailiff said everyone with out a see need to go to the hall.

Arron Lewis was first case to be called. Pros entered into evidence a letter and 4 photos. * wasn't stated what they were

Arron stated: rule 17.1c (if I heard correctly) that def should be provided in a timely manner to inspect all the physical evidence. He said that last week he was deliberately not allowed to turn on any electronic device. *cell phone, ipad, laptop from his home ETA Said every time he picked up one it was snatched out of his hands.

Arron stated he cannot proceed if he isn't allowed to harvest info from electronics. No data has been produced into documents. Requested a pencil or a pen to write notes. Was not furnished one. He states because he is incarcerated he is not allowed to travel with one for security reasons.

Pros said he could have purchased one from the commissary.

Arron: I am being held to same stands

Judge: You will be held to same standards, its unfortunate but because of your status and I am not in charge of the ADOC. Do you want an attorney Mr. Lewis?

AL: NO

Pros: digital evidence has been provided. There was a computer available all he had to do was ask for it.. The day started out bad, and Mr. Lewis had to be Pepper Sprayed, so maybe he wasn't in his right thoughts. ETA PEPPERSPRAY WAS MAY 27TH AND PROS ONLY STATED THAT ^^ did not state why.

DISCLAIMER THIS IS ALL MY OPINION FROM OBSERVATION SITTING IN THE COURTROOM. 6/1/2015 830am approx. 1 hour.

What? Pepper sprayed before he got to court???
No pen or pencil? Not allowed to harvest data, etc. Poor thang, so mistreated! *eyeroll* IMO he's hanging himself without an attorney.

The judge (Herbert Wright) asked if the info on the electronics * cell phones, ipad and laptop would be used at trial

Pros, he didn't believe anything from the laptop.

Judge: any info that is going to be used must be made avail to Def in paper form or digital. If not made avail can not be use at trial.

Arron: They never offered me a computer

Pros: all you had to do was ask

Arron: there are 25 cds, and there is AUDIO that is in dispute, that has been modified..spliced. 2 pieces. Its not right for evidence to be used against me but I cant get the evidence to use for my benefit. He said he did not give investigators his password to his cellphone. It has 4 videos that he needs.

Judge: well you have to give that code to someone to be able to get it off.

Arron: I don't trust anyone. Especially him (pros) he has... I sorry but this is the truth, he is lying. These 2 officers were with me the whole time last week and Pros wouldn't allow me to look at stuff.

Judge: you are going to have to trust someone ... would you like an attorney?

Arron: can I have a co councel? there are going to be some questions of witnesses that need to be asked and all due respect it doesn't look right the person who is accused asking delicate questions. I don't trust people. In my long criminal career I have learned not to trust. All they have to say is oops corrupted file or delete and say wasn't there. I need those 4 videos for my defense. He went on to say that his prev attorney and him didn't see eye to eye. He said that the attorney didn't want to tarnish the memory of the deceased, but its his life and freedom on the line. And tough questions have to be asked and answered.

Judge: no, I cant grant co councel. Either attorney or pro se. He said he understood the dilemma def was in and asked again if he would like an attorney. He stated that the State of AR Constitution and the US Constitution does not give him the right for a mouth piece. That the reason attorneys do what they do is because they are held to a legal standard. If the attorney doesn't do something or ask, there are steps that are in place to go over that * (talking about appeals)

DISCLAIMER THIS IS ALL MY OPINION FROM OBSERVATION SITTING IN THE COURTROOM. 6/1/2015 830am approx. 1 hour.

Arron: where would the attorney come from... Public defender office? they are defending my wife

Judge: No. because the Pul Cty Public Def is being used for your wife, conflict of interest. Prob would be from the State Public Def office, sometimes private attorneys will vol time. But if you want to use the info on the cell phone your going to have to trust someone with the password. The crime lab would most likely be who gets the data off phone.

Arron: the pros thinks they have their case all stacked up nicely but if I can get my stuff off my phone it will shed a whole new light on the situation.

Arron wants to suppress his interrogation .... Judge gave him 1 week to file any written motions *(next Monday) and he will look over and make decision. Judge asked a total of about 8 times I would think if he wanted an attorney. Said if he changes mind to let him know asap. AL said he hasn't been getting his stuff from the court even though he sends self add envelopes. Judge would have someone look into. Judge going to speak to someone at ADOC to see if they can make avail a way that Arron can listen to the audio and look at the cd digital stuff.

JMHO, the Judge was very fair, took time and allowed Arron his time. You could hear the frustration in some of his statements and the Judge said he understood and that's why he advised a lawyer. Said you are just at the tip of the iceberg at things your going to run into.

Arron asked if he could use info that is his federal case against PCSO.... Judge... You will have to go over that with an attorney.

What? Pepper sprayed before he got to court???
No pen or pencil? Not allowed to harvest data, etc. Poor thang, so mistreated! *eyeroll* IMO he's hanging himself without an attorney.

NO.... last week (May 27)when he went to look at evidence. They took him to the Pulaski County Reg Jail to look at it. Don't know what happened to cause it, just what the Pros let...slip out lol

JMHO
I was surprised, I thought he would be all arrogant but he wasn't. He stated multi times and afterwards iirc he told a reporter for CH 7 KATV that he didn't trust people. CH 7 photographer was the only one there that got him arriving. He arrived few min after got call from Vinelink stating changed to out to court status.

I can understand the concern of thinking someone could erase or deleted what you state is your evidence. But like the judge said he has to trust someone with the password or he will not be able to use that. I came away with a feeling he might go with getting a lawyer. He has a week to file his Motions.

Mr. Carter and both sons and their spouses were there. Broke my heart. Some friends and Coworkers of Beverly Carter were there also. May God give them Strength and may they find Peace soon. JMHO.

So, do we think he is insinuating that he has video of BC on his phone?

AND wouldn't the police have already seen all the video on his phone? Don't they have ways to gain access without having the code/password?

Thanks for the great play by play Arkansasmimi!

Im sure they already know everything on his phone. He is in over his head. Why cant the fool realize that? While I want justice for Beverly, I also want a fair trial so there is nothing to appeal about. Is he starting to realize CL attorney will look out for CL, even if that means turning on him? Starting to wonder what Beverly was forced to do.

wonderful coverage mimi, it's so much appreciated!

i doff my crown to you and give you one of your own :Crown:

my prayers to beverly's loved ones, i know they must both dread and look forward to these court proceedings, bless them all :heartbeat:

i have some local news outlets open here on the laptop, i'll keep an eye open for news updates of today........

thanks again mimi, our very own lois lane :tyou:

:rose: beverly, awaiting justice in your name
:rose: strength to those that love her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics