GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they were trying to find Beverly Carter because she was reported missing. I also remember that at the time Casey Compton was missing as was Baby Malik Drummond. You can go back and look there was an out cry of anger by many about so much attention getting placed on this missing person vs others. I figured that they must have had strong evidence that she was kidnapped like a call (still cant rule that out because we dont know all they do have) but I not sure about some of my orig thoughts vs what we see at this point. JMHO

Well, from the testimony at the hearings, we do know that AL at least had a recording of BC advising her husband that she was safe and not to call the police. What we don't know is if AL/CL ever actually called CC and played the recording or otherwise made a ransom demand.

When watching the news interviews with CC shortly after her disappearance, I had the gut feeling that he knew more than he was able to say to the media, so it makes me really wonder if they may have actually made the call. Guess we'll find out eventually. Just no way to know at this point and it's all conjecture on my part.

That said, whether they made a ransom call or not, I do truly think that LE was going on the assumption that she was possibly alive and being held somewhere. I think that was shading all their actions at the time. In their minds, they were working a kidnapping case...not a murder. Hindsight is always 20/20, I guess. They were trying so very hard to bring her home alive. :(

Couldn't the judge who signed the warrant have noticed it was too broad and said something?

There is never a time that blood and hair from a person who was kidnapped and murdered should be excluded from evidence!!! This nightmare circus the families are put through is unacceptable. Police do not have a crystal ball to know exactly what they will find and write it as such. "Evidence of a kidnapping or murder" should be sufficient for a search warrant. It just should. There is NO question in my mind why crime is so bad. The system is made for criminals to walk free and kidnap and murder the innocent. 7 time felon. He bragged about it on social media. And that was just his convictions! He was accused of a lot more. And then, he was able to kidnap and murder. But, all the evidence cant be used because they werent specific enough about something that they could in no way know what they would find. Yeah. That sounds normal. Not. Its not a game. An actual human lost her life. She was kidnapped while she was working, trying to help a couple find a nice home. There is nothing "just" about people getting away with murder or the system allowing it. Guilty is guilty, no matter what a court rules.

Couldn't the judge who signed the warrant have noticed it was too broad and said something?

Oh, I wish that judge would write his reasons for approving the warrant as it was and why it should be upheld! I wish he/ she would get involved about the ludicrous nature of throwing out a legitimate and signed warrant, that was ordered by a judge.

There is never a time that blood and hair from a person who was kidnapped and murdered should be excluded from evidence!!! This nightmare circus the families are put through is unacceptable. Police do not have a crystal ball to know exactly what they will find and write it as such. "Evidence of a kidnapping or murder" should be sufficient for a search warrant. It just should. There is NO question in my mind why crime is so bad. The system is made for criminals to walk free and kidnap and murder the innocent. 7 time felon. He bragged about it on social media. And that was just his convictions! He was accused of a lot more. And then, he was able to kidnap and murder. But, all the evidence cant be used because they werent specific enough about something that they could in no way know what they would find. Yeah. That sounds normal. Not. Its not a game. An actual human lost her life. She was kidnapped while she was working, trying to help a couple find a nice home. There is nothing "just" about people getting away with murder or the system allowing it. Guilty is guilty, no matter what a court rules.

This is how my admittedly non-legal-educated mind sees it! For instance, the things they found in AL's car, such as the cell phone used to contact BC for her last known appointment or finding BC's phone in CL/AL's house. If I understood correctly, the judge stated that the warrants were not specific enough as to what *exact* items they were searching for....how the h*ll could they have know what they would or would not find?!?! They would have had to be freaking mind readers to know they were for sure going to find BC's phone in that house.

To me, you've got the guy that had the last known phone used to contact BC in his possession.....the phone used to set up the appointment from which she went missing......isn't that enough reason to look further?!

I.DO.NOT.UNDERSTAND!

I guess the ruling must be within the scope of the law, but it's crazy to my uneducated brain!! Just crazy.

This is how my admittedly non-legal-educated mind sees it! For instance, the things they found in AL's car, such as the cell phone used to contact BC for her last known appointment or finding BC's phone in CL/AL's house. If I understood correctly, the judge stated that the warrants were not specific enough as to what *exact* items they were searching for....how the h*ll could they have know what they would or would not find?!?! They would have had to be freaking mind readers to know they were for sure going to find BC's phone in that house.

To me, you've got the guy that had the last known phone used to contact BC in his possession.....the phone used to set up the appointment from which she went missing......isn't that enough reason to look further?!

I.DO.NOT.UNDERSTAND!

I guess the ruling must be within the scope of the law, but it's crazy to my uneducated brain!! Just crazy.

Exactly. Whatever law allows that to happen is extremely broken and needs to be changed. If nothing else, that should be reviewed after this case is over. Maybe victims advocates will hop on that cause to change dumb laws that only can hurt a victim again, rather than ever ensure justice is served. And no, Beverly will never come back, but "justice" does not have to do with bringing a person back. I think people might misunderstand that. It is about the administering of a deserving punishment. To throw out key evidence does not allow for justice to be served- for a correct punishment to be imposed. And in actuality, any sort of life for those animals are more than the justice they deserve.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/justice
justice
[juhs-tis]
noun
5. the administering of deserved punishment or reward.

As much as everyone hates that the car evidence can't be used and whatever else is banned, these laws are for us all. Even though there are scummy people out there who do terrible things: they also have rights. It's the USA and we sure don't want to take away all of the laws of evidence and rules that our justice system runs on. Carl Carter stated on his FB page that justice will be served, but it's frustrating for the family. The good news is that earlier the judge ruled that IF AL gets on the stand a lot more of this can be used. I don't see AL as the type to not take the stand. Plus they have a lot of evidence, I'm sure. And CL to testify. In a few of AL's perp walks and his in Tucker Max interview with the TV station he said lots. He admitted to kidnapping her several times on camera.

I'm not suggesting get rid of rights or laws. What I am saying is that clearly something is flawed. They had a warrant. The warrant was signed by one judge. Clearly, he agreed it was sufficient. Now, another one doesnt? And who suffers--- the victim. They didnt know "exactly" what they were looking for because they had not found it yet. Ever want to clean under your sofa? You can guess stuff is there, but you certainly couldn't name the contents before moving it! Whatever is currently in place needs revision so that actual evidence can be used and not thrown out over who agrees or disagrees that a PAPER did or didnt say what they wanted. That is ridiculous. That paper changed nothing. It only allows games to be played.

Well, from the testimony at the hearings, we do know that AL at least had a recording of BC advising her husband that she was safe and not to call the police. What we don't know is if AL/CL ever actually called CC and played the recording or otherwise made a ransom demand.

When watching the news interviews with CC shortly after her disappearance, I had the gut feeling that he knew more than he was able to say to the media, so it makes me really wonder if they may have actually made the call. Guess we'll find out eventually. Just no way to know at this point and it's all conjecture on my part.

That said, whether they made a ransom call or not, I do truly think that LE was going on the assumption that she was possibly alive and being held somewhere. I think that was shading all their actions at the time. In their minds, they were working a kidnapping case...not a murder. Hindsight is always 20/20, I guess. They were trying so very hard to bring her home alive. :(

Respectfully bbm, I guess we know now. Just saw earlier. But one thing that grates my nerves it the media not being able to REPORT ACCURATELY!! WHY cant they just do that? Why? :pullhair:

EXCLUSIVE: Beverly Carter's husband speaks out after evidence is tossed from murder trial
BY MATTHEW MERSHON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17TH 2015
<snip>
The recording played at pre-trial was of a phone call made from Beverly Carter to Carl Carter about being kidnapped, but apparently being okay at the time. It was a phone call Carl Carter said he never received.

"She said don't call the law and get them involved in this," said Carter, adding that if he heard that voicemail that he may have never called the police and believes that possibly Beverly could still be alive" ***Bless his heart :(

Arron Lewis's trial is set for January 16, 2016. Carter said despite a potential death sentence on the line for Lewis, he would rather see him sent to jail than executed. http://katv.com/news/local/exclusiv...ut-after-evidence-is-tossed-from-murder-trial

***Drives me crazy, JAN 12,2016 is the trial date. Its right on the docket sheet, hasnt changed since set. but the media screws it up, AR DEM GAZ reports multiple dates in Jan. I mean these people get paid to make sure report correct info, right? Another paper reporting I have to find it again, reporting that the evidence WILL BE ABLE TO BE ADMITTED! :gaah:

Yeah, and what was up with the reporter mentioning a potential death sentence? That was taken off the table a LONG time ago, wasn't it? Right at the beginning? What was said was misleading at best.

Yeah, and what was up with the reporter mentioning a potential death sentence? That was taken off the table a LONG time ago, wasn't it? Right at the beginning? What was said was misleading at best.

The last several articles in the statewide newspaper, Democrat-Gazette, said she was abducted in England. I though it was in Scott??

CL is still at Pulaski County Regional Jail tonight

Inmate Photo
NAME: LOWERY,CRYSTAL
ADDRESS: 165 RANDALL DR
CITY: JACKSONVILLE
STATE / ZIP: AR
RACE: WHITE
S.O. NUMBER: 194189
BOOKING DATE: 12/16/2015
DAYS INCARCERATED: 2
BOOKING TIME: 08:32pm
Charge Bond Amount Arrest Agency Court Disposition
PEN RETURNEE 0.00 PCSO 4TH DIVISION CIRCUIT COURT NO BOND // MUST RETURN TO MCPHERSON UNIT *** wonder what that is about, she was sent to Wrightsville Womens Unit. Maybe it was for something else. Also will she stay at PCSO until trial? Will she get visits at the PCSO jail on their visitation days?

AL has an Order to Transport, we dont know when it is for. But other times order was few days prior to being placed on OUT TO COURT STATUS (going for mental exam, going to court so forth) I thinking its possibly to meet with Lawyers maybe. JMHO
12/18/2015
02:39 PM ORDER TRANSPORT DETAINEE LEWIS, AARON M
Entry: none.
Images No Images

The last several articles in the statewide newspaper, Democrat-Gazette, said she was abducted in England. I though it was in Scott??

Unless they know something we don't, it was Scott. The house she was showing was in Scott.

8:56pm Dec 19th, just rec'd call that Crystal Lowery has returned from out to court status and back to custody of Arkansas Dept of Corrections. Currently this is what showing on PCSO site, (2 days) so she must have left prior to her intake time to make it 3 days. I will ss it in case someone missed seeing her new mugshot.
Crystal Lowery PCSO mugshot out to court status Dec 16 thru 19 2015.JPG

Originally Posted by beaglebrd

Unless they know something we don't, it was Scott. The house she was showing was in Scott.
Its crazy. I guess they just save the articles and update or whatever (makes sense but dang at least they should proof read and correct stuff. It just seems like its all of the media not just one particular station or media outlet. Then the false info is picked up by other affiliates and/or online articles. And you know its out there forever). Going back and going to re read some old reports seeing what say vs what we know now. Trying to wind down after long last few days out and about. Maybe I will or wont lol I may give me a headache.

Hoping everyone is Enjoying this Pre Christmas Season. Praying for all those families who have an empty space in their hearts. :candle: OT I think today was Memorial service for Little Malik Drummond. Hate that being on Websleuths means some sort of tragic event. Thankful for those that come to a better outcome than most.
:christmastree: :sleigh:

She looks surprisingly happy and healthy. Maybe the structure and security of jail taking care of her is less stressful than the life they were leading.

Since this case has seemingly turned to the Arron show full of a bunch of heartbreak and nastiness, I thought it would be appropriate to bring forward a few things that focus on Beverly---

https://twitter.com/AustinKellerman/status/518126766393532417/photo/1

A post from a news director at kark4news. It is so touching and sad. She was a real person. She had a closed casket, and it was mentioned that no one would ever get to see her again They laid her to rest in her 50th birthday party dress, where she reportedly looked and felt like a princess.

Dance the holidays away in heaven, Beverly, while watching over your family.

Tweet from a KARK4 News Reporter:
[video=twitter;518421852570791937]https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518421852570791937[/video]

A quote from Beverly's grandchild: "She used to sit on my couch and twirl my hair."

https://twitter.com/KenBuffa/status/518421852570791937
Another grandchild quote: "When we went wakeboarding and I would fall down, she would tell me to get up and try again"

EDIT-- not sure why my links are not showing up. It is saying it needs to be approved by mod. Hopefully they show up. They are from tweets by Ken Buffa in Oct 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho