GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i found this and it has more details than any other article I've read tonight http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2016/01/14/estranged-wife-takes-stand-against-arron-lewis
Thank you for posting this.
In this article, toward the end, it states Kokes said someone struggling for air would (paraphrasing here, won't let me copy and paste) fight to get what was suffocating off. Maybe Beverly couldn't get the tape off but was hot from struggling, so she ripped her blouse open? Just a thought. I know when people panic they become hot and sometimes rip their clothes off to avoid anything binding.

Her blouse also could've ripped off while AL drug her to the grave sight. I believe it was reported she was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt. Probably a thin summer blouse. It was very hot in September 2014.

I want to say to all the posters who have kept this case updated for us...........Thank you so very much. I read all the tweets yesterday but just didn't have the heart to post until now.

This has been a very hard case for me to follow. It hits too close to home since our youngest daughter is a real estate broker in Charleston and so is her husband. She also holds a position on the SC Real Estate Board.

This case chills me to the bone due to the callousness of it all. My opinion of Crystal still stands. I look at what she did when this crime was happening, and she is just as cold as AL. It has always been amazing to me how psychopaths seem to be drawn to each other like a moth to a flame. Unfortunately we have seen many of these kind of 'teams' who go on to do horrendous things to innocent others.

In fact I find it just as disturbing that Crystal wanted Beverly gone as if she was telling AL to take out the trash. He even asked her more than once did she really want him to get rid of Beverly and really she knew all along he was going to murder her and she just didn't care.

She really got a sweetheart deal for two very serious top felonies of first degree murder and kidnapping. It doesn't even mean she will serve 30 years either. Yet she conspired with him for two weeks showing such cunning and calculating premeditation. Yes, I am thankful she got up there, and told the truth, but I am painfully aware that may have never happened if she hadn't gotten a plea deal. For her to say she still has feelings for someone who is capable of doing something like this shows a lot about her and who she really is deep down inside.

I never once believed the sex allegation made by the very one who has more of a vested interest to lie than anyone. What is disheartening is to know there was never any evidence Beverly had been unfaithful with AL yet the defense attorney is being allowed to smear an innocent woman and re-victimize her and her family members all over again. And the bottom line even if she had it is totally irrelevant with her murder. No sane person is going to believe it was some type of sex game gone wrong when the duct tape was wrapped around her head several times. The ME said it probably took her about a minute to lose unconsciousness but that is enough time for her to know she was going to die. :(

So I believe the jurors are sick and tired of the defense attorney's smear campaign and it will not bode well for their client. It is never wise to insult the intelligence of any jury and I believe that is exactly what they have done.

May I ask why this wasn't a death penalty case? Most cases where the victim is murdered for financial gain are death penalty cases. It doesn't matter if they came to find out she had no money, their objective, and motive was for financial gain.

IMO

Jstkiddn, once again, thank you for your time and staying up late just to report back to us the trial details. You're a very dedicated sleuther. Thank you so much for sharing your time with us. It's greatly appreciated! :)

Lawdy! Tweet notifications about the trial are already blowing up my phone this a.m. some reporters tweeting yesterday were not using hashtags for us to follow. If you go back to post #19 on this thread, LibraStarr provided a very good link to twitter that includes all #'s associated with the trial.

Gotta get some more very strong hot tea down me and come alive for today! Ha!

I have been following but haven't posted yet. There is an advanced search in twitter that will let you search multiple hash tags. I did a search for each of the tags below and now they all show in one feed.
#BEVERLYCARTER OR #ARRONLEWIS OR #ARRONLEWISTRIAL OR #CARTERCASE

Here is the link:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23BEVERLYCARTER%20OR%20%23ARRONLEWIS%20OR%20%23ARRONLEWISTRIAL%20OR%20%23CARTERCASE&src=typd
Here is the post I was referring to for following all tweets.

I want to say to all the posters who have kept this case updated for us...........Thank you so very much. I read all the tweets yesterday but just didn't have the heart to post until now.

This has been a very hard case for me to follow. It hits too close to home since our youngest daughter is a real estate broker in Charleston and so is her husband. She also holds a position on the SC Real Estate Board.

This case chills me to the bone due to the callousness of it all. My opinion of Crystal still stands. I look at what she did when this crime was happening, and she is just as cold as AL. It has always been amazing to me how psychopaths seem to be drawn to each other like a moth to a flame. Unfortunately we have seen many of these kind of 'teams' who go on to do horrendous things to innocent others.

In fact I find it just as disturbing that Crystal wanted Beverly gone as if she was telling AL to take out the trash. He even asked her more than once did she really want him to get rid of Beverly and really she knew all along he was going to murder her and she just didn't care.

She really got a sweetheart deal for two very serious top felonies of first degree murder and kidnapping. It doesn't even mean she will serve 30 years either. Yet she conspired with him for two weeks showing such cunning and calculating premeditation. Yes, I am thankful she got up there, and told the truth, but I am painfully aware that may have never happened if she hadn't gotten a plea deal. For her to say she still has feelings for someone who is capable of doing something like this shows a lot about her and who she really is deep down inside.

I never once believed the sex allegation made by the very one who has more of a vested interest to lie than anyone. What is disheartening is to know there was never any evidence Beverly had been unfaithful yet the defense attorney is being allowed to smear an innocent woman and re-victimize her and her family members all over again. And the bottom line even if she had it is totally irrelevant with her murder. No sane person is going to believe it was some type of sex game gone wrong when the duct tape was wrapped around her head several times. The ME said it probably took her about a minute to lose unconsciousness but that is enough time for her to know she was going to die. :(

So I believe the jurors are sick and tired of the defense attorney's smear campaign and it will not bode well for their client. It is never wise to insult the intelligence of any jury and I believe that is exactly what they have done.

May I ask why this wasn't a death penalty case? Most cases where the victim is murdered for financial gain are death penalty cases. It doesn't matter if they came to find out she had no money, their objective, and motive was for financial gain.

IMO
Welcome and thanks for your post!
The death penalty was taken off the table by request of the Carter family. Just shows you what kind of good hearted, faith filled people they truly are!

At the courthouse. Overheard from a very good source that AL is to take the stand today.

I have been following but haven't posted yet. There is an advanced search in twitter that will let you search multiple hash tags. I did a search for each of the tags below and now they all show in one feed.
#BEVERLYCARTER OR #ARRONLEWIS OR #ARRONLEWISTRIAL OR #CARTERCASE

Here is the link:
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23BEVERLYCARTER%20OR%20%23ARRONLEWIS%20OR%20%23ARRONLEWISTRIAL%20OR%20%23CARTERCASE&src=typd

Bump. Thank you, LibraStarr

Criminal defense attorney Bill James has practiced for about 22 years. His co-counsel Lee Short has for about 8 #ArronLewis #ARnews

[video=twitter;687997233795473408]https://twitter.com/chanleysha/status/687997233795473408[/video]

I read and read post and tweets last night before going to bed. Correct me if I missed it but did CL ever let BC see her face?

As the courtroom doors open, #ArronLewis father takes a front row seat chatting with the crowd. #ARnews

Chanley Painter

Now this is a shocker!!!

As the courtroom doors open, #ArronLewis father takes a front row seat chatting with the crowd. #ARnews

Chanley Painter

Now this is a shocker!!!
The only thing I'm going to say is that it appears that AL comes by his "chattiness" naturally. I think it's genetic. ;) I will comment no further.

Chanley Painter

Now this is a shocker!!!

Wonder if there will be a picture of his Dad in any article today? Also wonder also if his Dad being there will impact the filthy lies AL planned or plans to tell if he takes the stand? AL was born about 20 miles from where I am. Ruston is a small town where Louisiana Tech is located. I think they moved away when AL was small.

JMO

No, she did not.

Thank you jstkiddn. Hate to ask another question because you so many others have given so much information but was she ever asked why she never looked at or spoke with BC or rather why CL and AL didn't try to disguise themselves? Seems that CL did everything possible to make sure that BC never saw her face. I have thoughts why but I guess at this point it is mute.

I just have to say that if I were the parent of a grown son or daughter who had done something such as these two did there would be no way I could be there in support. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member