GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also have REALLY upgraded their dangerous emphasis. You don't see that in all caps and bolded and underlined very often... :eek:

He is considered DANGEROUS. DO NOT try to apprehend him yourself. If you do see Lewis or have any information on his whereabouts, please contact PCSO as soon as possible at (501) 340-6600.

Wonder if they're afraid that he might do it again? Or if they think she could be alive and they want to find him before he can kill her?

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/little-rock/2014/09/26/beverly-carter-missing/16257155/

Yet another rendition of POI timing (This one almost equally could be argued as it meaning POI prior or after to me)

And then this one reads more like he slipped out then the other article just posted that reads more like they just didn't have a warrant and had to let them leave.

Sheriff's office Lt. Carl Minden said investigators had pegged Lewis as a "person of interest" when he was involved in a vehicle crash in Pulaski County and taken to Baptist Health Medical Center in Little Rock for treatment Sunday morning. At some point while authorities believed he was getting a CT scan, he left the facility and hasn't been located, Minden said. Lewis will have facial injuries from the wreck.

Sure hope we get a presser tomorrow so we can see exactly what was said about...it's going back and forth on everything! :crazy:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/28/warrant-issued-suspect-realtor-kidnapping/

Man alive - now they're even contradicting themselves in the same article! :scared:

That same article just posted above then goes on to say that NO new evidence had been found since he was determined to be a suspect. Doesn't that rule out evidence from the car? Or is it poor wording indicating no new evidence SEARCH wise had turned anything else up after considering him the POI? :dunno:

Considering the second part - "We need him" - along with apparently no new evidence since he was deemed the POI, then it's also back to why would they not have arrested him before the crash or at the scene (since then they'd have been able to be in the room with him if they were sure he was the POI as they'd have gotten a warrant)? :thinking:

And they seem VERY confident it's him...or they'd think there were other people who could help find her.

Minden said no new leads in Carter's disappearance have surfaced since Lewis was determined to be a suspect.

"We need him," Minden said of Lewis. "The best person that can help us find her right now is Mr. Lewis."

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/sep/28/warrant-issued-suspect-realtor-kidnapping/

nvestigators had pegged Lewis as a "person of interest" when he was involved in a vehicle crash

May be he was driving that grey truck. Would explain the "when".

I think he was not acting alone with this abduction based on his prior record.

Where is police chief Longo when we really need him ??

He would've provided a timeline, a chain-of-events breakdown , and issued BOLO's and mugshots to the media------- all wrapped up in a nice little package with a bow on top.

Other police departments out there would certainly do themselves a favor by patterning themselves after his method of holding a press conference..

All of this secrecy, disinformation, misinformation, and conflicting details do nothing more than create unnecessary chaos and confusion in the minds of the media and the public.

They always want the public to jump in and help them, yet on the other hand they are completely unable or unwilling to provide the public with accurate details that might make a difference. Why does information always need to be so vague and incomplete ? A 5 minute press conference would clarify just about every question that has been asked here on Websleuths in the last 48 hours. Can we expect that anytime soon ? Nope, not at all. All we'll get is just bits and pieces, short snippets, and eventually, information that is all jumbled up by the media.

And don't give me the old B.S. story about them holding back info. so as not to damage their investigation. Their lack of clarity and openness is what damages their investigation. The public would be much more likely to pitch in and help if they knew exactly what it was that they were supposed to be on the lookout for, when it comes to both finding her and finding him.

Hope they find her, so won't post what I really think. But I think its going to be not just this guy they are looking for.

While I find that article interesting (yikes!), @QueenMictlan, your post is going to get pulled since it violates the TOS to sleuth family members......just tellin' ya :).

But, wow.

I've thought all along this seemed like it could have been a hit. With the hit man being a complete idiot.

I hope not. Why would he go look for her after her just being gone 3 hours? I could see if she was gone into the middle of the night, but he is looking for her after 3 hours seems strange to me. And the guy they are looking for seems like a complete idiot, I have seen his videos on you tube.

IMO

I think she walked in on him.
Maybe he was using the house to cook up some meth.
Bet his prints were found in the home .

He is a creepy looking dude for sure.

Whoever posted this is probably scared s-less right now. However, the poster on CL writes with good grammar, as opposed to our suspect who lists "truck drivin" as a skill on his resume.

Maybe his girlfriend typed while he dictated.

What ever happened to holding someone "on suspicion" (of kidnapping)? Or is that just in the movies?

It is so frustrating that a warrant was needed, and meanwhile he disappeared from hospital.

Apparently it is a lot more fun to let 'em go and then chase 'em for awhile. Sort of like the dude in the Hannah Graham case.

The theory that he could have abducted her for ransom has been thrown out here and debunked. This is just a thought and only that, no proof, what if he has contacted the family for ransom? Police wouldn't tell that to the media. That could be a reason they think it was kidnapping from the start and why everything happened so fast in looking for her.

What ever happened to holding someone "on suspicion" (of kidnapping)? Or is that just in the movies?

It is so frustrating that a warrant was needed, and meanwhile he disappeared from hospital.

It was a Sunday. Maybe the judge was on the golf course.

Seriously, I think that until he crashed they had plenty of suspicion, some evidence but not enough to justify an arrest. I think that once he crashed and they had his truck, they found something more, collected that evidence, processesed it to confirm then sought the warrant. Maybe it was her fingerprints, blood or the key to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole