GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was determined that the KEY to the house was missing....not the whole lock box?

I never heard for sure that there was a lock box. I could have missed that of course, but here in TN many house that are for sale don't have lock boxes, some that are vacant are just left open all the time.

I haven't read all of the pages, so if this has been covered, I apologize. Because I am a former RE agent, because I am familiar with the area, and looking at the few things we know so far...
I believe this was planned. Planned for ransom, planned for rape, planned simply because AL was pissed at the world (and clearly has zero regard for women)...I believe it was planned. He pulls up behind her suv at the house he looks at it, cool as a cucumber. He says he wants to look at the other house before making an offer. He says they can just take his vehicle and he will bring her back by her car. Ultimately she agrees and of course he takes her wherever. It's a small town area. We don't know what he was wearing (could have been dressed reasonable for the area) and we don't know that he was on any drugs at that time. That seems to make sense to me as to how he got her out of there and no crime scene. Jmo.

Thank you for the correction. I could have also been baking as I listened to the show...possibly. :shush:
Either way, it was distasteful to discuss, especially in the same episode as the son and co-worker's interviews. IMO.

I haven't read all of the pages, so if this has been covered, I apologize. Because I am a former RE agent, because I am familiar with the area, and looking at the few things we know so far...
I believe this was planned. Planned for ransom, planned for rape, planned simply because AL was pissed at the world (and clearly has zero regard for women)...I believe it was planned. He pulls up behind her suv at the house he looks at it, cool as a cucumber. He says he wants to look at the other house before making an offer. He says they can just take his vehicle and he will bring her back by her car. Ultimately she agrees and of course he takes her wherever. It's a small town area. We don't know what he was wearing (could have been dressed reasonable for the area) and we don't know that he was on any drugs at that time. That seems to make sense to me as to how he got her out of there and no crime scene. Jmo.
After reading your assumptions it made me recall what her co-realtor/worker said about her calls and texts back and forth to BC. After not responding to calls BC texted back, "with a client", then texted back she was in Lonoke. Has anyone chkd out any other listings that were in Lonoke, or better yet, chkd the homes they could've been looking at that evening? Wow, just so many unanswered questions!! This case has not only touched my heart, but also keeps me awake at night trying to think of something that might help LE to solve this. Ya know, I just get the feeling Beverly would do what we all are trying to do...help! May her spirit guide LE and us in the correct direction and see that AL NEVER goes free again!!

Legislators Fume Over Parole Board After Recent Murder

"Intense media coverage of the murder of real estate agent Beverly Carter last week is causing a stir in the state legislature. A meeting Monday between lawmakers and parole officials turned contentious."

"It didn’t take long for the tone and atmosphere in the Judiciary committee to turn hostile, as legislators let their frustrations known to Parole Board members. Representative Sue Scott of Rogers told Parole Board member Abraham Carpenter to get ready for an emotionally-tinged string of remarks."

"Scott: “And when you sit down with that dear family, if you do sit down with them, I hope you have more compassion in your voice than what you have brought to this meeting this afternoon. I hope you can look them in the eyes and you can say ‘we will find a way to make this better’ and if you cannot you send someone else to talk to them, please sir. Don’t you agree?”

Carpenter: “No ma’am I do not agree. I…”

Scott: “I’m not surprised.”

http://ualrpublicradio.org/post/legislators-fume-over-parole-board-after-recent-murder

She would never go with him in his car i do not believe that...she was teaching safety all of her agents and this is something i am sure she wouldnt do...whatever happened that night it happened after they were in that house...jmo...

Her son said her number one rule, was not to ever get in the car with someone she didn't know, so I can't really see her doing this. I know a lot of people had mentioned ransom but that is just not the vibe I get. I could see that more with a child than an adult. If that is the case, he obviously didn't do his homework, as one of her friend's posted on FB asking for donations to help pay for funeral expenses, saying the family didn't have the money for it.

In my opinion they had to find something to make them believe she had been kidnapped. I mean from the word go, they were saying it was a kidnapping. Never even mentioned her family coming in for questioning, or taking lie detector tests as they do in most cases. Almost immediately they were saying she was taken. I just believe that LE is withholding information. Also, from hearing her son talk, the appointment was not a 5:30 but that was when she called Carl, so maybe the appointment wasn't until six and that could explain why an hour later that neighbors were still seeing cars there. I wonder what time it was that he got pulled out of the mud and if perhaps she wasn't in the trunk at that time. With all the neighbors that saw cars, they must not have heard any unusual noise like screaming, which seems odd to me. I think he tased her and that is why there was no noise there at the house and that the car was backed in to put her in the trunk.

Yes i think too something like that happened...

Did the neighbors say they car was backed up to the front door or garage? I'm glad that was her number one rule...it just seemed logical since they have said there wasn't a crime scene there. I guess he could have pulled a gun on her and told her to walk to his car quietly? Carrying her out makes no sense to me....it was still daylight..
I do agree with you....something led them to believe right away that she had been kidnapped.

Yes i was thinking that too that he held her at knife or gun point to his car...they found a knife on him when they arrest him..

In my opinion they had to find something to make them believe she had been kidnapped. I mean from the word go, they were saying it was a kidnapping. Never even mentioned her family coming in for questioning, or taking lie detector tests as they do in most cases. Almost immediately they were saying she was taken. I just believe that LE is withholding information. Also, from hearing her son talk, the appointment was not a 5:30 but that was when she called Carl, so maybe the appointment wasn't until six and that could explain why an hour later that neighbors were still seeing cars there. I wonder what time it was that he got pulled out of the mud and if perhaps she wasn't in the trunk at that time. With all the neighbors that saw cars, they must not have heard any unusual noise like screaming, which seems odd to me. I think he tased her and that is why there was no noise there at the house and that the car was backed in to put her in the trunk.

Also, I went back and watched the interview with the neighbor he called about being stuck and she said she missed a call from him Thursday afternoon. That sounded like way before the house showing. And it even sounded like he was washing the vehicle later that afternoon, sooooo did that not happen prior to him meeting BC?

But where was he when he got stuck in the mud...and was it on thursday the day when he kiddnaped her?

Exactly i dont understand that part and timing with him being stuck etc...thats why i asked

That's what the interview indicated. The neighbor, GC, said she missed a call from him that afternoon because she was napping and his message said he was asking her to help him get his car out of the mud. She said later in the afternoon she saw him washing his vehicle. It seemed pretty clear that all happened before he met BC. But everything is speculation until the case is put together.

But where was he when he got stuck in the mud...and was it on thursday the day when he kiddnaped her?

I have no idea where he got stuck. It is possible getting stuck just added to his anger if it happened prior.

Yes so strange...what was he doing...my gosh i believe that BC knew he was not up to any good as soon as she saw him...i believe that she had not much time left to react...she seemed like very inteligent person so thats why i think she was put into harms way very fast...poor sweet soul...gosh its so sad...:-(

She would never go with him in his car i do not believe that...she was teaching safety all of her agents and this is something i am sure she wouldnt do...whatever happened that night it happened after they were in that house...jmo...

I read also that she taught and said never ever ever get in the clients car.

After reading your assumptions it made me recall what her co-realtor/worker said about her calls and texts back and forth to BC. After not responding to calls BC texted back, "with a client", then texted back she was in Lonoke. Has anyone chkd out any other listings that were in Lonoke, or better yet, chkd the homes they could've been looking at that evening? Wow, just so many unanswered questions!! This case has not only touched my heart, but also keeps me awake at night trying to think of something that might help LE to solve this. Ya know, I just get the feeling Beverly would do what we all are trying to do...help! May her spirit guide LE and us in the correct direction and see that AL NEVER goes free again!!

My understanding was a coworker/realtor was showing one of Beverly's listings that was located in Lonoke. I didn't recall that Beverly texted SHE was in Lonoke. I just tried to pull of Beverly's real estate website, but it must have been taken down.

Our local news paper article from October 1st. Police have a lot that they can't tell yet but hopefully will in the next few weeks. I found it funny how the reporter depended on fb status to tell him marital status instead of looking at public record to see that they were married.
http://arkansasleader.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-storysuspect-long-life-of-crime.html?m=1

Eta: this is not a blog. Their online version is under blogspot but this is a local print paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl