GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local news paper article from October 1st. Police have a lot that they can't tell yet but hopefully will in the next few weeks. I found it funny how the reporter depended on fb status to tell him marital status instead of looking at public record to see that they were married.
http://arkansasleader.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-storysuspect-long-life-of-crime.html?m=1

Eta: this is not a blog. Their online version is under blogspot but this is a local print paper.

The fact alone that they run their website off of blogspot speaks volumes about their credibility, so I'm not very surprised they would do a poor job of fact checking.

Below is a news report that somehow I had not read before. Look at the image... I'm not sure what that means? I've never heard anything about 909 Dortch Loop, NLR.

I looked up county records about that address and it is a vacant trailer owned by a man that lives in Cabot, AR. Then I looked up the phone number that is listed on the image above that address and it belongs to a business "Bobby Smith Roofing." and further down in the search the number also belongs to Carter Construction.

So, I'm not sure why that address was circled other than it is right off Baucum Road where they got a ping from Beverly's phone.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/09/realtor-beverly-carter-51-shows-house.html

...Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Pulaski County sheriff’s office’s 24-hour communications number, (501) 340-6963; its criminal investigations division, (501) 340-6940; or the central Arkansas CrimeStoppers tip line, (501) 340-8477.

A Facebook post reads:

The following quotes come from a close friend/coworker of the missing woman:
"I was texting with her at 7:30 last night, but police don't know if it was actually her."
"A source saw a truck at the house Beverly was showing. It was an older model (kind of beat up) Slate Gray extended-cab pickup truck with 2 doors!"
"They have evidence that her phone was used on Baucum Road [rural east NLR], then Roosevelt Road."Beverly Carter pin.png

There "might" be some truth in AL telling media he did kidnap her but hadn't seen her in two days?

In my opinion they had to find something to make them believe she had been kidnapped. I mean from the word go, they were saying it was a kidnapping. Never even mentioned her family coming in for questioning, or taking lie detector tests as they do in most cases. Almost immediately they were saying she was taken. I just believe that LE is withholding information. Also, from hearing her son talk, the appointment was not a 5:30 but that was when she called Carl, so maybe the appointment wasn't until six and that could explain why an hour later that neighbors were still seeing cars there. I wonder what time it was that he got pulled out of the mud and if perhaps she wasn't in the trunk at that time. With all the neighbors that saw cars, they must not have heard any unusual noise like screaming, which seems odd to me. I think he tased her and that is why there was no noise there at the house and that the car was backed in to put her in the trunk.

I agree that he likely tased her. In my opinion it's highly likely he kidnapped her for ransom, or was instructed to kidnap her. I also think there is a good possibility that she died from the taser alone and this blew his original plan to pieces. Our friend Wikipedia has some interesting information and statistics on the dangers of tasers and documented deaths. Someone unfamiliar with the power of a taser and with little to no experience using one could easily go oveboard. MOO.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taser_safety_issues

Below is a news report that somehow I had not read before. Look at the image... I'm not sure what that means? I've never heard anything about 909 Dortch Loop, NLR.

I looked up county records about that address and it is a vacant trailer owned by a man that lives in Cabot, AR. Then I looked up the phone number that is listed on the image above that address and it belongs to a business "Bobby Smith Roofing." and further down in the search the number also belongs to Carter Construction.

So, I'm not sure why that address was circled other than it is right off Baucum Road where they got a ping from Beverly's phone.

Anybody have any ideas on this?

http://www.re-newsit.com/2014/09/realtor-beverly-carter-51-shows-house.html

...Beverly Carter was last seen wearing a black sleeveless shirt and red shorts.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is urged to call the Pulaski County sheriff’s office’s 24-hour communications number, (501) 340-6963; its criminal investigations division, (501) 340-6940; or the central Arkansas CrimeStoppers tip line, (501) 340-8477.

A Facebook post reads:

The following quotes come from a close friend/coworker of the missing woman:
"I was texting with her at 7:30 last night, but police don't know if it was actually her."
"A source saw a truck at the house Beverly was showing. It was an older model (kind of beat up) Slate Gray extended-cab pickup truck with 2 doors!"
"They have evidence that her phone was used on Baucum Road [rural east NLR], then Roosevelt Road."View attachment 60821

I asked before if Angos concrete ever poured a slab for Carters construction and never got a response. If she was targeted, I think it was (AL at work) or work related. AL was fired, by the way. Edit: Or I am taking it that he was fired because he hadn't worked there for a couple of months. But there is some connection because he stole or kept a key and he buried her there. That location ( I would think) would be very significant to the case.

Our local news paper article from October 1st. Police have a lot that they can't tell yet but hopefully will in the next few weeks. I found it funny how the reporter depended on fb status to tell him marital status instead of looking at public record to see that they were married.
http://arkansasleader.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-storysuspect-long-life-of-crime.html?m=1

Eta: this is not a blog. Their online version is under blogspot but this is a local print paper.

I am glad they wrote that article. Basically, what it says to me is that AL was stunted. The world is very different and very demanding, and being locked-up for ten years isn't going mean much. We have kids working their butts off to earn a degree and live a decent life. He's behind and it's not anyone's fault. ( but his own) There is not one woman that owes a dam*n thing, either.

That's what the interview indicated. The neighbor, GC, said she missed a call from him that afternoon because she was napping and his message said he was asking her to help him get his car out of the mud. She said later in the afternoon she saw him washing his vehicle. It seemed pretty clear that all happened before he met BC. But everything is speculation until the case is put together.

Remember, she also said that when he was washing his car he wasn't happy, had just shaved his head, and had scratch marks on his face.

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...rter-realtor-kidnapping-arron-lewis/16449117/

He was trying to get a hold of me Thursday afternoon to help get him out of a mud hole that he got stuck in," said G.C.

She says he told her what he was calling about when she saw him later that day washing mud off of his vehicle in his driveway.
"He was not smiling," said G.C. "He had scratches on his face."

She also noticed his shaved head. She says when she saw Lewis Thursday morning he had hair.

After reading your assumptions it made me recall what her co-realtor/worker said about her calls and texts back and forth to BC. After not responding to calls BC texted back, "with a client", then texted back she was in Lonoke. Has anyone chkd out any other listings that were in Lonoke, or better yet, chkd the homes they could've been looking at that evening? Wow, just so many unanswered questions!! This case has not only touched my heart, but also keeps me awake at night trying to think of something that might help LE to solve this. Ya know, I just get the feeling Beverly would do what we all are trying to do...help! May her spirit guide LE and us in the correct direction and see that AL NEVER goes free again!!

I read an article recently (I will try and find it) where it stated that the other listing she was going to show the client (which ended up being AL) was in Lonoke.

Did the neighbors say they car was backed up to the front door or garage? I'm glad that was her number one rule...it just seemed logical since they have said there wasn't a crime scene there. I guess he could have pulled a gun on her and told her to walk to his car quietly? Carrying her out makes no sense to me....it was still daylight..
I do agree with you....something led them to believe right away that she had been kidnapped.

I think she was incapacitated in some way to get her out of the house. I don't think she would have gone otherwise. Or what he did to get her into his car was too sudden and surprising. I think, possibly, the only thing that made them think she was kidnapped was that her car and purse were at the house, she wasn't, and everyone who knew her had no clue where she was. They would have also very quickly found out that the person she was meeting had given her a false name and telephone number, too.

My understanding was a coworker/realtor was showing one of Beverly's listings that was located in Lonoke. I didn't recall that Beverly texted SHE was in Lonoke. I just tried to pull of Beverly's real estate website, but it must have been taken down.
BBM

Someone texting as BC stated that she was "with a client" "in Lonoke". Her friend and LE believe now that the person communicating with her was AL.

Carter’s friend and coworker, Jane Carfagno, told NBC News that she and Carl Carter both received texts from Carter’s phone after 7 p.m. that did not sound like they came from Carter. Carfagno had locked herself out of a nearby home she was showing, and when she texted Carter for help, Carter said she couldn’t come. “She’s so kind and sweet and giving … I’m thinking Beverly might have called me back.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tate-agent-beverly-carters-kidnapping-n214006

GRACE: Jane, what`s interesting in your story is you may very well be the last one to have communicated with Beverly. What happened?

JANE CARFAGNO, CO-WORKER OF MURDERED REALTOR, BEVERLY CARTER: Well, I was showing -- excuse me, that was all kind of hard to hear. I was showing Beverly`s listing and it was in a remote area about 20 minutes out of the city, and I accidentally got locked out, and so since it was so remote, I was a little scared and people I was showing the house to had already gone. And so I called her and she didn`t answer and so I called her right back thinking that she might answer, knowing if I called back twice I really need her. So she texted me back and said, with a client, call you back in a bit. And so I texted her back and I said -- I don`t know exactly the words I used but I told her where I was, I was at her listing on Haynie Road, and that I was locked out and was there any chance she was in the area. And she texted back and said, in Lonoke. And then I texted her back and said, by chance there a key and she said no, sorry.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/02/ng.01.html

Lockboxes are strong and heavy. Since this was a foreclosure, they usually use contractor lockboxes which are not as heavy as regular lockboxes. But they are still very strong. Yes, a good blow might kill someone. But wasn't it reported that his wife bought him a gun and a taser? However, I thought the blow on his forehead (from the picture taken after the car accident) looked very much like the shape of a corner of a lock-box. So I am hoping Beverly whacked him a good one with the lockbox. Here is a link to what a contractor lockbox looks like. http://www.homedepot.com/s/lock+boxes?NCNI-5

Not sure if this has been adressed yet - but I am in the foreclosure industry so I see hundreds of vacant properties each week. When they first become vacant the bank contractor generally puts one of the cheap black boxes on a secondary door. Often the houses are for sale before they are vacated so many times there is already a realtor LB (the big blue one) on the main door. Contractors do not remove those. Once the foreclosure is completed, a REO broker takes over. Sometimes they remove the black boxes and other times they just leave them and use them because they are already there and functional. So, there could be several LBs at any given time on a vacant house.

Lockboxes are strong and heavy. Since this was a foreclosure, they usually use contractor lockboxes which are not as heavy as regular lockboxes. But they are still very strong. Yes, a good blow might kill someone. But wasn't it reported that his wife bought him a gun and a taser? However, I thought the blow on his forehead (from the picture taken after the car accident) looked very much like the shape of a corner of a lock-box. So I am hoping Beverly whacked him a good one with the lockbox. Here is a link to what a contractor lockbox looks like. http://www.homedepot.com/s/lock+boxes?NCNI-5

The lockbox stays securely attached to the doorknob or whatever it is affixed to. When a Realtor needs the key, they open a little door in the lockbox which contains a regular key to unlock the original door lock. The whole lockbox, the heavy part), is still attached because the hatch remains closed. Unless you have a separate code to open the hatch, all you can get to is the key inside, you can't remove the whole lock. I know this because I'm a Realtor.

If she took him to other houses, the electronic lock boxes would have a record of her accesses.

I'm leaning toward planned kidnapping with others involved. I don't like hearing that the family is needing help with the funeral expenses when she was driving a new Cadillac. That would be a big monthly payment. Wonder if there was a large life insurance policy?

If she took him to other houses, the electronic lock boxes would have a record of her accesses.

I'm leaning toward planned kidnapping with others involved. I don't like hearing that the family is needing help with the funeral expenses when she was driving a new Cadillac. That would be a big monthly payment. Wonder if there was a large life insurance policy?

Agreed about a planned kidnapping and others involved. Have said that since this was on LE's radar.

Where did you hear the family needs help with funeral expenses? TIA

In her bio on the radio station website (WAJK), she states that her degree and working background is in Funeral Service and she is still a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer, but now she works at the radio station and sells Mary Kay cosmetics. I'm sure she's a nice lady and is more than qualified to talk about the embalming process.

Anyway, the point is she had nothing to do with Beverly. Also, it was quite disingenuous IMO for NG to say "We are taking your calls. I am hearing in my ear that Beverly`s body has been delivered to the funeral home. Elizabeth Isaacson, funeral director and embalmer, joining me out of Princeton. Elizabeth, we think we can confirm the cause of death, but we`re not certain. When you are faced with this type of a tragedy, how can you possibly -- I mean, tomorrow night is the visitation. How can you possibly restore this woman`s body to its natural -- its beauty? For that to happen, how do you do it?

NG leads the audience to believe her expert is from Ivy League Princeton, not Princeton Illinois, and that she is the person who will be working on BC.

Here is what I found on her, it appears she is a funeral director:

ELIZABETH ISAACSON, FUNERAL DIRECTOR, EMBALMER (via telephone)

http://licensedirect.com/elizabeth-ann-isaacson/7501248

In her bio on the radio station website (WAJK), she states that her degree and working background is in Funeral Service and she is still a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer, but now she works at the radio station and sells Mary Kay cosmetics. I'm sure she's a nice lady and is more than qualified to talk about the embalming process.

Anyway, the point is she had nothing to do with Beverly. Also, it was quite disingenuous IMO for NG to say "We are taking your calls. I am hearing in my ear that Beverly`s body has been delivered to the funeral home. Elizabeth Isaacson, funeral director and embalmer, joining me out of Princeton. Elizabeth, we think we can confirm the cause of death, but we`re not certain. When you are faced with this type of a tragedy, how can you possibly -- I mean, tomorrow night is the visitation. How can you possibly restore this woman`s body to its natural -- its beauty? For that to happen, how do you do it?

NG leads the audience to believe her expert is from Ivy League Princeton, not Princeton Illinois, and that she is the person who will be working on BC.

^^THIS. Those of us locally caught on but the rest of the viewers, not so much.

Without being disrespectful to the family, I would like to add this. Being rich is relative. BC to AL may have been a rich broker. IMO, she was a lady who was doing ok and finally at a place to enjoy the fruits of her labor. Driving a nice vehicle is a personal choice and one of those "fruits", in my opinion. Making a mortgage payment, auto payment, etc is one thing...as a family having to come up with thousands of dollars for a funeral home (before the service, if you don't use credit) is another. I have not personally heard or read anywhere that the family was in need of funds for the service. I will again say that we used the same funeral home for my grandparents and they are one of the nicest (not the cheapest) in the area. Again, just wanted to state that one driving choosing to drive a nice vehicle doesn't mean you are rich or that you have funds in the bank waiting for your funeral service.

Her son said her number one rule, was not to ever get in the car with someone she didn't know, so I can't really see her doing this. I know a lot of people had mentioned ransom but that is just not the vibe I get. I could see that more with a child than an adult. If that is the case, he obviously didn't do his homework, as one of her friend's posted on FB asking for donations to help pay for funeral expenses, saying the family didn't have the money for it.

This is where I got the request for funeral funds...

The fancy car was probably for business purposes and written off as such. My aunt is a realtor and drives a fancy car for this reason too. Fancier cars give off a successful vibe.

The fancy car was probably for business purposes and written off as such. My aunt is a realtor and drives a fancy car for this reason too. Fancier cars give off a successful vibe.

My thoughts exactly.

Like my grandfather drilled into our heads as kids, to be successful you have to LOOK and ACT the part. The old fake it 'til you make it mentality.

The same can be said for the continuance of success, there are a lot of people who aren't going to have a lot of trust in a person driving around in a rust bucket when it comes to their money and buying a house.

In a world where the first impression is almost everything, arriving in a nice car would go a long way increasing buyer confidence.

IMO

Agreed about a planned kidnapping and others involved. Have said that since this was on LE's radar.

Where did you hear the family needs help with funeral expenses? TIA

It was her friend that she worked with that got the texts after 7 pm. She said they were a far cry from being the "rich realtor" that AL said. The family ask for money to go to a trust fund for the grandchildren for college. It was this Jan that ask for donations to a bank for expenses. It is on her FB page which was public as of last week.

I know it was said they had just gotten to a point of being comfortable and buying a boat. Taking lots of vacations. Personally, I would never dream of asking for help like that but I guess they know with her income now gone that maybe Carl will need it.

The lockbox stays securely attached to the doorknob or whatever it is affixed to. When a Realtor needs the key, they open a little door in the lockbox which contains a regular key to unlock the original door lock. The whole lockbox, the heavy part), is still attached because the hatch remains closed. Unless you have a separate code to open the hatch, all you can get to is the key inside, you can't remove the whole lock. I know this because I'm a Realtor.

I think that is a good point. I'm a Realtor too, and that is true on our lockboxes. It's not true on the contractor lockboxes. Once opened you just lift up on the latch and it comes right off. But now that I think more about it, who would have had time to take the actual lockbox off? The only thing she could have realistically had in her hand was the front of a contractor lockbox. But at any rate, after someone pointed it out, I went back and read the news reports. They say the LOCK was missing, not the key or the lockbox. I can't figure that one out at all. Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle