GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the person asking for donations?

I guess I shouldn't have asked this question - TOS. What I meant is, not who exactly, but is the person a relative or just someone who thinks they're being helpful?
People take advantage of these situations all the time. Widows are often targeted (via phone) and scammed.

Thank you. Wow, a lot of strange goings on that evening. Wonder how the other realtor got back into the house to get her car keys. How did she get locked out of the house in the first place? I recall reading the texts she was getting in return from Beverly seemed too uncaring to be replies from Beverly though. So the timing of the texts indicate Beverly was already in distress and AL had control of her phone. In hindsight anyway.

Beverly was supposed to show AL another property though. Had they already been to the other property earlier? Is that possible?

Oh, and I hope you're feeling better tomorrow!

Oh, and thank you for the well wishes!!

Did the other Realtor show the Lonoke house to someone then? Didn't she say she couldn't find a key which is why she sent Beverly a text?
Who met the Realtor in Lonoke, anybody? I don't understand why the other Realtor would be asked to be there if Beverly was already with the potential buyer (if she intended to show him the property in Lonoke). I'm not getting this story and it actually sounds fishy to me for some reason.

AL was supposed to depart from Beverly and drive out to Lonoke to see another house where the other agent was waiting (without a key)?

Hello, Woe.! :blowkiss:

The other realtor locked herself out of one of Beverly's listing (in Jacksonville) after the realtor had shown the house to her client. The other relator was calling Beverly to ask for help help but Beverly wasn't answering her phone and then responded via text saying she was with a client in Lonoke and couldn't help. (Beverly wasn't in Lonoke.) The last article I read on the subject stated that Beverly was meeting AL (who used a fake name and telephone number) to show him the first home that she was kidnapped from and then was supposed to show him another home in Lonoke. LE has stated that she never made it to the Lonoke home. Sorry if that is hard to follow....my brain is tired. :bed:

Oh, I see why you are confused. BC was never planning to show a house in Lonoke to AL. The texts from BC's phone are believed to be sent by AL. The other realtor was showing one of BC's listings to one of the other realtor's clients, when she realized she got locked out of the house and she left her car keys in the house that she couldn't get back into. I hope I didn't confuse you more. Took some Nyquil a bit ago. :)

BBM

I think she was.

In the below linked article it states: About 5:30 p.m. on the day of the showing, Carter left her home to meet the potential client, ostensibly to view a number of homes for sale in Scott and Lonoke, according to Pulaski County sheriff’s office Capt. Simon Haynes of the criminal investigation division.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/05/2-very-different-paths-20141005/

im thinking he saw her billboards advertising her as the 3rd top in the state and thought if he kidnapped her he could get some quick money. he did a little research and found the house and set the appointment. what he didnt plan for was hiding her out long term while he made the ransom demands/waited for the money drop off. or maybe she was difficult to control and he murdered her to get rid of the "problem" she now had become. or maybe she told him they had no money and he didnt want to just let her go and face prison time again. he probably planned to take her to his house to wait it out then realized that was not going to work long term (week or so) and killed her.

I don't think I am understanding this. Why would both her son's phone and her husband's phone light up when Beverly's phone sent her husband a text message? Surely her son's phone wasn't configured so that every time Beverly sent a text message to her husband her son's phone received it, too? Are you saying you think he meant that another non-phone also received the message because of iCloud (such as her mac computer or her iPad?) Or was Beverly's phone found in her car and another electronic device with wifi capabilities such as an iPad went missing with her?

I remember reading early on that "two devices" lit up while the police were at the Carter home with the family that first night - so the devices were not necessarily in police possession.

I still think it was For Ransom Gone Bad......he thought her family was loaded and he wanted / needed money. He wasn't planning on the wreck and things just fell apart. I just can't figure a timeline of death. MOO

I think the two devices lit up meant it was a group text with her son and husband. I also think it was for money, but it was ransom money or reward money. MOO

If he just wanted money he would have contact her husband too or go with her to the bank or something...i dont think it was just money...of course thats just my thoughts about it...

Taking a break because everything seems to be going off task in this thread.
IMO thousands of dollars that would have been wasted on flowers may have been possibly used to aide in expenses or a memorial fund or whatever this family may need. The only thing this proves is that she was not the wealthy broker AL speculated her to be.
It's none of our business and why is it being judged by any of us?
Someone posted a link that showed phone pings and I don't see any posts about that but pages of posts about how many phones lit up (in the presence of LE) and about donations being requested and how they were used .
Is it just me?
Walking away

I just found out that with the newer Apple IoS system, texts are disseminated to devices that are linked. For instance, text messages will appear on your iPad and computer or any other phone that is linked. Could this be an explanation as to why two phones lit up? That BC had linked her phone to theirs prior to her disappearance?

I understand your frustration, as I spent way too much time looking into it myself. But when I think back to a time in my life when something of this tragic nature happened to me, I would recall things incorrectly, and often would think one thing, and different words would come out. So, I think we also have to consider Carl Jrs state of mind. He may have been thinking that two texts came in, and then a third one right away, and instead he said something to the effect of, two phones lit up. Maybe the phone lit up twice. We will likely never know, and there are dozens of possible theories.

I'm wondering if it's because Carl Sr's phone was linked to an Ipad and both of them lit up with the messages? It's the only logical thing I can think of at this point.

I think Beverly was a lovely woman but for some reason, I just don’t get the vibe that AL would be interested in her sexually. I mean the guy had problems keeping women, but from all appearances he didn’t have any trouble getting women, so why target a woman almost 20 years his senior (yes I know what his POF ad said) that he probably knew was married. I just keep thinking there is either another person, or some other reason that he targeted her. I mean if he knew anything about her at all, he would have known that her Cadillac is brown, now maybe there are a lot of brown ones in Arkansas but that would be a car color that stood out a bit here, in my area of TN. Also, I am sure she had On Star on it as well, and her car tag was a prestige tag that said BCarter, so I can’t see that he was trying to steal her car. Heck he is a pro at stealing cars, so he could grab one from a parking lot. There just seems to be an element that is missing.

Of course, like some of you on here have said, my husband also thinks I am obsessing over this case, but as with many of you, it just hit me harder than other cases. But when I have spoken to my husband about it, he says that guys like AL don’t always have a pattern or reason for the things they do. Maybe his career criminal activities had become humdrum and he desired to do something bigger. Just by looking at his arrest records, it is obvious that he would get out of prison and a month later steal a motorcycle or a car and end up right back in jail. Apparently, living life in prison doesn’t bother him. Then again, for that last stent of 18 months he did, he got $59,000, and I still can’t understand that.

ITA. Don't forget that AL was on POF after BC disappeared messaging girls "Hey, Sexy" (this was shown on the Forbidden Hillcrest FB page). Seems like he probably needed a female to help his ego but I don't think he was the worst looking thing on POF so I'm sure there were POF that would respond to him. Totally agree with everyone that thinks there are a lot of puzzle pieces that we don't know and will hopefully be brought to light soon.

Tallula.Belle, my husband's opinion (that he only gives as I'm running all my theories by him - as his eyes are half glazed over) is that AL may have enjoyed prison life or become accustomed to it. He wonders if he was just becoming more and more of a hardened criminal and decided to add kidnap to his resume. One things for certain, none of us know and it's difficult to try to break in the mind of a criminal.

IMO thousands of dollars that would have been wasted on flowers may have been possibly used to aide in expenses or a memorial fund or whatever this family may need. The only thing this proves is that she was not the wealthy broker AL speculated her to be.
Someone posted a link that showed phone pings and I don't see any posts about that but pages of posts about how many phones lit up (in the presence of LE) and about donations being requested and how they were used .
Is it just me?
Walking away

That's what happens when there is no news or info. Frustrating for all.

ITA. Don't forget that AL was on POF after BC disappeared messaging girls "Hey, Sexy" (this was shown on the Forbidden Hillcrest FB page). Seems like he probably needed a female to help his ego but I don't think he was the worst looking thing on POF so I'm sure there were POF that would respond to him. Totally agree with everyone that thinks there are a lot of puzzle pieces that we don't know and will hopefully be brought to light soon.

Tallula.Belle, my husband's opinion (that he only gives as I'm running all my theories by him - as his eyes are half glazed over) is that AL may have enjoyed prison life or become accustomed to it. He wonders if he was just becoming more and more of a hardened criminal and decided to add kidnap to his resume. One things for certain, none of us know and it's difficult to try to break in the mind of a criminal.

This may not have been his first kidnapping with murder. There are several other cases of missing women that are being looked at by law enforcement in Arkansas and other states as well (according to a private eye who is former law enforcement in Arkansas). He did get caught rather quickly on this case, but could have done others and not had such quick response from law enforcement. Of all the cases I have followed online since the Internet became a source, this is the fastest I have ever seen a case pegged as kidnapping, a suspect found and arrested and the body found. Sometimes people go missing and nothing is done for at least 24 hours to find them. He was very reckless here and made himself easy to catch.

This may not have been his first kidnapping with murder. There are several other cases of missing women that are being looked at by law enforcement in Arkansas and other states as well (according to a private eye who is former law enforcement in Arkansas). He did get caught rather quickly on this case, but could have done others and not had such quick response from law enforcement. Of all the cases I have followed online since the Internet became a source, this is the fastest I have ever seen a case pegged as kidnapping, a suspect found and arrested and the body found. Sometimes people go missing and nothing is done for at least 24 hours to find them. He was very reckless here and made himself easy to catch.

ITA. So much so that some of my local friends can't believe he really is the guy....because it just all happened so fast. I've said all along that although this is so terribly tragic, there are so many things that happened that one can be grateful for (his car wreck with himself, his arrest, finding BC).

Beaglebrd--you are so right. This may not have been his first time.

Its so quiet on this thread...i guess not much to talk about since not many information..

Is it just me?
Walking away

BIB

Could someone pretty please post the link with the phone pings? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics