GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this bleepity-bleep, is intimating that he met Beverly on a dating site, or other hook-up medium. They met for sex, and she died in the course of that act. He of course, didn't know what to do so he buried her body in a panic moment. He is a seven time felon you know ...

Oh my goodness, this guy is a piece of work. I think he is fabricating a story based on what he thinks the forensic evidence shows. Unbelievable!!!

It sounded like he was hinting that he was going to sell her weed and something went wrong. I'll wait to find a transcript but that was my first thought. Second thought is of course he was such a catch that she was having an affair with him.

I want to hear everyone's thoughts please. Why do you think the prosecution would request a gag order? How would that benefit the prosecution? Or, do you think it is simply to protect the family? Thoughts anyone?

I want to hear everyone's thoughts please. Why do you think the prosecution would request a gag order? How would that benefit the prosecution? Or, do you think it is simply to protect the family? Thoughts anyone?
Well I think they're protecting their case. There's no doubt he's influencing the potential jury pool by running his mouth on the evening news from prison.

This case has been all over the media, and AL's interviews aren't helping the exposure. The prosecution wants to protect the case and not have a change of venue for the trial, which I think will be hard to avoid since Beverly is so well known locally.

Since we are all grasping ........ IMOO - MAYBE he had something on BC or someone dear to her and wanted money to keep his mouth shut - when she didn't have the cash he asked for - suppose she offered up the property/trailer house instead and got in his car to go show him that property - that would explain her willingly getting in his car and why her phone pinged around there

Thanks guys. I can see how his blabbing can hurt the prosecutions case, but I can also see how he is helping the prosecution. We already know that we cannot believe a word he says. First he kidnapped her, then he didn't. She died on accident. He panicked. He is ALL OVER the map. I think there is going to be a change of venue regardless and I agree with you both, Bestill and Becciboo.

Since we are all grasping ........ IMOO - MAYBE he had something on BC or someone dear to her and wanted money to keep his mouth shut - when she didn't have the cash he asked for - suppose she offered up the property/trailer house instead and got in his car to go show him that property - that would explain her willingly getting in his car and why her phone pinged around there

Has anyone established how far that trailer is from the cell tower it pinged at? Is that even the appropriate tower for the trailer? I feel like the trailer was on a map and the whole thing spiraled into theories of the trailer being involved, but I haven't seen anywhere credible that the tower is the same one the trailer would ping on. I'm not disagreeing with your theory either. I just want to know more facts on this before I feel one way or another.

So he brings up being a 7 time felon in his interview? He is so proud of that, isn't he?

BTW, I think he is either going to imply that they were meeting up for sexual reasons, OR he will imply that they met up because she was hiring him to do a "dirty" job and something went wrong. Neither scenario is plausible IMO.

Thats actually a good point...he seems to love to talk about him being 7 time felon...he even had it on facebook so proudly like its something women would be attracted too...may be he thinks women like bad boys etc...i dont know...

When AL said that house was just a meeting place, she should have asked him right then if he knew BC before that night.

I was thinking how could he think they would believe her death was an accident...accidently got shot or strangled or pushed...i dont understand how he could think he could get away with murder..

Thats actually a good point...he seems to love to talk about him being 7 time felon...he even had it on facebook so proudly like its something women would be attracted too...may be he thinks women like bad boys etc...i dont know...

BBM, The way I read that FB post was like him admitting to his past and stating he wanted to start anew. I didn't get the bragging feeling. JMO

Even though it seems obvious to us that he did this, I am sure there are one lots of people he is getting to believe his story.

Just like in Casey Anthony there were groups, fans and pages of support for her innocence. Look at all the people that sent her money. And she is walking free.

I am positive there are people that will believe him and that is why the prosecution would not want him talking, and then have those folks end up on a jury.

Yeah.. sick. He's real sick but NOT insane and I hope they don't try to pull that.

He has a very dangerous personality. No remorse, blames others, lies, cheats, steals. No remorse. I mentioned that twice on purpose.

ITA...
Then we add to it murder. Which he's not convicted yet but he did admit it at least once.

There is no way they will try to get him off on insanity---impossible!
He doesn't have a dx that would uphold an insanity defense. Nope.

Moo

Some people at ADC, where AL is incarcerated, have been put on leave for allowing him to be interviewed. http://www.katv.com/story/26797560/2-adc-employees-on-administrative-leave-after-lewis-interview

This is troubling! Will his attorney try to declare a mistrial when it goes to court because of protocol?

There is no way they will try to get him off on insanity---impossible!
He doesn't have a dx that would uphold an insanity defense. Nope.

Moo
Well there's having a chance in hell and trying.. I mean they can't try to prove his innocence with him running his mouth can they? He's not leaving his attorney with many options here :p

Well there's having a chance in hell and trying.. I mean they can't try to prove his innocence with him running his mouth can they? He's not leaving his attorney with many options here :p
He's going to go with that co-defendant story ( sheesh- co-defendant is such a weird word) He better give up a name... although it may be too late for that.

I hear you but he has zero chance with an insanity plea.
What he is trying to insinuate is that BC was "asking" to hook up & he obliged---cause that's how sociopaths think.
Now he (thru his attny) will push the fact that BC recently lost weight, got a new hairstyle, got a new glamor shot photo & she was looking for steamy romance, sex, & attention, IMO.
However, her phone & ISP addy via computer will disprove his theory.
This sociopath can't handle criticism from women which I think is what throws him into a rage!
And I think that's what happened to BC-----he really thought he had a chance with her, realized he didn't, & then he wigged out.
He'll pretend it was an auto-erotic asphyxiation event & insinuate that.

But it wasnt

This was interesting:

Below is taken directly from a Little Rock, AR Defense Attorney's website describing their defense strategies for Murder.

Defenses to MURDER Charges

There are a number of different ways to defend a serious criminal charge, and it is important to get to work immediately in order to protect your rights and preserve evidence.

Although our legal team works to devise a legal strategy that is tailored to your case, common defenses include:

Insufficient evidence — You did not the commit the crime, which can be supported by an alibi, eyewitness testimony and forensic evidence

Justification — You caused the death, but the killing was justified. You must show that the use of force was proportional to the threat encountered, and the perceived threat of death or bodily harm must be reasonable

Lack of intent — You can argue that you did not act intentionally, knowingly or recklessly to commit the crime, but that the death was accidental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810