GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AL/CL live in Gravel Ridge with a Jacksonville address- I believe Sherwood Fire dept services their area- It might be likely the dogs went to Sherwood animal control - I believe Sherwood has a ban on Pit Bulls. Was thinking this might be why she did not get the dogs back if they were taken to Sherwood.

You are correct according to Wikipedia (for what ever that is worth.)
Annexed into Sherwood, not Jacksonville in 2008. Thank you.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravel_Ridge,_Arkansas

Do you have a link for the info, please?
I'm having major probs staying connected to WS from Tapatalk. I dont know if it's the app or my crazy internet company. It drops out on me and messes with my wifi router. Will try again in the a.m. Zzzzz

Sorry for O/T, but I have had this happen when I have my Bluetooth keyboard on. When I turn it off it rarely happens!

The listing referral to BC is still driving me bonkers. It's not adding up if AL was targeting BC...unless it was my wacky theory of a possible rival realtor or someone else wanting BC out of the picture or it was a kidnap/ransom. I can't imagine anyone with any sense hiring AL, but maybe so. If AL called a couple of days before the actual meeting and AL had contacted BC...maybe he had time to check her out online? I'd really like to hear your ideas. I'm assuming the call to the realtor was the very first step in this crime, but who knows.

Interesting. He certainly can't be cheap, and after looking him up, I see that he has, indeed, been involved in some really high profile cases. I wonder where that kind of cash is coming from, unless he's decided for some reason (e.g., also a very high profile situation) to take the case pro bono....?

All I can say is "Good luck" to both the attorney & the client. I believe they will need it or a plea deal (which IMO looks like it may take some luck, too.)

Sorry for O/T, but I have had this happen when I have my Bluetooth keyboard on. When I turn it off it rarely happens!
Thank you. I'm not using a Bluetooth keyboard on my phone or my ipad. I think it's my "backwoods Internet provider" dropping out and then having to reset my wifi router and dsl modem. Oh the joys of country living! Ha
I will say using the Tapatalk app is way easier to operate and read than the webpage of WS. <adjusting my bifocals>

Is FTD a large insurance company in Arkansas, NoJustice? Sounds more like a call center for ordering Mother's Day bouquets to me.

I was with her when she verified at the pound that LE turned them over. She tried to get them back but the pound would not allow it since they were surrendered.

Why did CL surrender them again? Sorry, I missed that part somehow. Thanks.

I was with her when she verified at the pound that LE turned them over. She tried to get them back but the pound would not allow it since they were surrendered.

If you look up "sherwood shelter" on fb, they have a post on 10/21 that 2 dogs were adopted together. One looks like a Chihuahua, and the other could be a pit. Also, if you look thru the photo albums, you'll see the pic of the pit being surrendered to the pound. There is a police badge on the guys hip, visible in dog photo. Maybe this would be helpful in determining what happened with the dogs, but I don't think it makes a difference the case.

Is FTD a large insurance company in Arkansas, NoJustice? Sounds more like a call center for ordering Mother's Day bouquets to me.

IIRC, nojustice did not say the name of the insurance company Crystal worked for, just that she worked as an adjuster, or in claims.

Are you saying she (CL) worked for FTD, as in the floral industry instead of insurance?

Does anyone else recall that there was mention that the lockbox was missing? I am wondering if it was ever recovered or if it could have been found in CL's home. It may sound "out there" but I started wondering if there could be any clues connected with the lock box, if in fact, it was taken from the house. Knowing that AL had not only knowledge of using magnets and devices to get around theft devices I am wondering if acquiring a lockbox could have any connection to a motive.

IIRC, nojustice did not say the name of the insurance company Crystal worked for, just that she worked as an adjuster, or in claims.

Are you saying she (CL) worked for FTD, as in the floral industry instead of insurance?

Pretty sure that's what her RL friends said. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Does anyone else recall that there was mention that the lockbox was missing? I am wondering if it was ever recovered or if it could have been found in CL's home. It may sound "out there" but I started wondering if there could be any clues connected with the lock box, if in fact, it was taken from the house. Knowing that AL had not only knowledge of using magnets and devices to get around theft devices I am wondering if acquiring a lockbox could have any connection to a motive.

Surely something that minor wouldn't be his motive, but who knows. Although he would probably keep it because he would want to figure out how to use it and benefit from it in the future.

Surely something that minor wouldn't be his motive, but who knows. Although he would probably keep it because he would want to figure out how to use it and benefit from it in the future.

Perhaps not the motive for murder, but I am not convinced the murder was the original plan.

Have any of you formulated a theory now that AL and CL have been arrested for murder and kidnapping?

Yes, I remember that too. I was just reading up on why people want to steal or have access to realtor lock boxes. It's usually to commit more crimes with access to other houses to steal things. Brokers have even been caught stealing from their clients and non clients. Could be why AL didn't ditch BC's phone? Geez, who knows at this point.
I would probably be a better sleuth if I had a criminal mind!
I'm sitting here in panicked paranoia [emoji33] hoping there is never a need to do history searches on my phone, ipad or laptop! Ohhhh the things I've Googled the past month since sleuthing this case?!? My hubs does a random history search? He's going to think I'm trying to plot his murder! Funny...but not!

I'm sitting here in panicked paranoia [emoji33] hoping there is never a need to do history searches on my phone, ipad or laptop! Ohhhh the things I've Googled the past month since sleuthing this case?!? My hubs does a random history search? He's going to think I'm trying to plot his murder! Funny...but not!

You know you can delete your search history, right? Not from what a forensic investigator could find, of course, but your general search history....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4