GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that "referral" in this case just meant that someone else had bought a home from Beverly and was referred to her from that person. I don't necessarily believe that "referral" meant they were referred from another agent or realtor.

I have a feeling BC got a call from the couple on the 25th and set up the meeting without having met them first. There was information that they were coming in from out of town so that is probably why she was told that, so they wouldn't be pushed to come in a fill out any forms or what not before their meeting. Thoughts?
I think different areas have different ways of doing things. I have never gone and met a realtor anywhere before seeing them at the home I was looking at.

Thanx for the key info, Voice4theSilent. This day and age I cannot imagine anyone leaving their purse in a car unattended. So.....we are left with a few scenarios.

#1 Beverly was never inside the home she was showing. Taken as soon or very soon after she arrived. LE reported no sign of a struggle in the home. I am not sure about this since the home was vacant, not much to disturb or break if there was a struggle. If the lockbox and/or door lock was removed at this time (or just prior), AL had no worries since Beverly never made it to the front door.

#2 Beverly made it inside (under duress or not), something happened to her (restraint/taser/gunpoint/knife) and she was taken/carried outside to a vehicle.

#3 I had a number 3 and it has slipped straight out of my head. Must need sleep. LOL Oh, the vehicle not starting - dead battery, whatever. Why would Beverly leave her purse/keys in her car if she went willingly, presumably to get help. I can't go with this one. Beverly had her phone, unless there was no service in that area. Still the purse and keys were left in the car.

JMO MOO

I get this feeling he did something to her while she was opening the door. Like, he was behind her while she opened it with her phone and tazed her or something. I'm not sure why the taking of the lockbox. I don't know. I feel like repeating what the police said about the dude in the Carlesha case--- "I don't know! Look, he's a . This is what thugs do. Don't even try to make sense of it!" It feels like when my friends and I try to figure out why a guy is doing what he is doing... then it was just because he overslept or whatever. Trying to read deep into the mind of these criminals when the reality is, he's just a criminal! Beyond much reasoning.

Except if CL is the person that nojusticenusa has said, she wouldn't go along with this at the last minute as your scenario indicates. Especially if she was already planning on leaving AL.

ETA: I don't think this has anything to do with a robbery gone bad. There are too many holes in that theory. MOO

I also don't think it has anything to do with robbery. AL has been stealing all his life. He didn't need a person such as BC for that to happen. He also didn't need a lockbox or her phone to break into homes. He could easily broken a window. I don't know what the motive was but I also don't know how CL plays into this. Even before she was arrested I never had the vibe that she was involved. I also don't think BC was ever taken to AL's house. Way to many close neighbors that could see things. MOO

As to this lockbox. Do we know for sure and for certain there was one to begin with? I have looked at many homes where there was no lockbox and the door was just left unlocked. So was there ever one to begin with? This home had been sitting vacant 4 years.

In the interview with Carl he said she never went to the second home. He also didn't mention her keys being in the car. Unless she had her car key and maybe other keys separate. I just know I never leave my car keys in the car. My doors lock automatically and then I would be locked out. My key, as with a lot these days folds into the alarm for my car. So she must have not been able to hit her alarm button either.

www.fox16.com/story/d/story/web-ext...-speaks-out-i-ju/17900/GBhlSM4T5kysUFFVqwvR_w

Thanx for the key info, Voice4theSilent. This day and age I cannot imagine anyone leaving their purse in a car unattended. So.....we are left with a few scenarios.

#1 Beverly was never inside the home she was showing. Taken as soon or very soon after she arrived. LE reported no sign of a struggle in the home. I am not sure about this since the home was vacant, not much to disturb or break if there was a struggle. If the lockbox and/or door lock was removed at this time (or just prior), AL had no worries since Beverly never made it to the front door.

#2 Beverly made it inside (under duress or not), something happened to her (restraint/taser/gunpoint/knife) and she was taken/carried outside to a vehicle.

#3 I had a number 3 and it has slipped straight out of my head. Must need sleep. LOL Oh, the vehicle not starting - dead battery, whatever. Why would Beverly leave her purse/keys in her car if she went willingly, presumably to get help. I can't go with this one. Beverly had her phone, unless there was no service in that area. Still the purse and keys were left in the car.

JMO MOO

I'm taking Door #2 of these 3 scenarios. Every Realtor conducts business in their own way but most of the good ones I know - when they show property - arrive well before the scheduled appointment time to set up. If it's a dumpy little 1000 sf fixer it's different, there isn't much set up. But rule of thumb, the larger and higher end the home....the more set up time. Especially with a cash buyer. Yes, even though it was a foreclosure. From all accounts she was a highly regarded Realtor so I'd say she arrived well before the appointment time and was inside when he arrived. And I would also hazard an educated guess that she was inside with the door closed and probably locked. I think she let him in. Unwittingly, thinking he was the buyer.

OR - she minimally answered the door when he/they arrived and was taken by force with some measure at that moment, upon opening the door.

If you have a cash buyer, as someone said earlier, it's a real prize in today's notoriously tight lending market. You're pretty much guaranteed a fast close --meaning a fast paycheck. Without a lender, you're also guaranteed a far easier escrow to navigate. I would think a Realtor of her caliber would have a practice of showing up in plenty of time to do a quick run through of the house and yard and to open windows, if it were musty, or shutters, drapes, just tidy up as need be, turn on lights. I frequently go early with some scented candles and music... Works here. ;) Sometimes you'll have flyers and property information to display on a table for the buyer. Little touches. But I keep getting the vibe she was already there and he came to the door. Doubt they got so far as a full walk through. However the neighbors across the way although not super close together would have had a clear shot view of the front door/porch if they were home and looking. So dumb criminal disables her in the foyer as she opens the door. Smart criminal walks further into the house out of sight. IMO

As to this lockbox. Do we know for sure and for certain there was one to begin with? I have looked at many homes where there was no lockbox and the door was just left unlocked. So was there ever one to begin with? This home had been sitting vacant 4 years.

In the interview with Carl he said she never went to the second home. He also didn't mention her keys being in the car. Unless she had her car key and maybe other keys separate. I just know I never leave my car keys in the car. My doors lock automatically and then I would be locked out. My key, as with a lot these days folds into the alarm for my car. So she must have not been able to hit her alarm button either.

www.fox16.com/story/d/story/web-ext...-speaks-out-i-ju/17900/GBhlSM4T5kysUFFVqwvR_w

I may have missed it but was there any report on whether the car doors were locked or unlocked? Makes a big difference. I'll sometimes leave my purse in the car when I carry a big tote full of current files and ipad etc but of course concealed and locked. Some areas are safer and don't lock up in other parts of the country granted, but I would think if the car were found unlocked with the purse and keys in there... I might be ready to revise my theory about just-inside-the-house being the first point of abduction...

Wow. I hadn't looked at this for a few weeks and it took me two days to catch up!
I just wanted to thank nojustice for all of your information. We've leaned on you pretty hard here, and I appreciate your continuing to share.
Sadly we have more questions than answers at this point. All I can say is that I pray justice will be served for Beverly and her family.

Hello! I'very been lurking web sleuths for years and finally took the plunge to become a full-fledge nember, yeah! So, I will get right into it.
Does anyone know how heavy a lock box is? If it is heavy enough it may be enough to knock someone out (and in that regards, a possible murder weapon). If there was any type of DNA on it, it probably would not have been left behind....

I'm not saying ALL of her alibis was covered or checked out for the entire weekend. I do know her Thur night checked out and that from sometime late Fri evening until Sun morning she was at the ex-boyfriend's house and that was verified. That still leaves Fri during day until that evening that I have only her word on her whereabouts. I have no reason to doubt her but no solid proof of this time frame. There is also Thur night after she arrived home until Fri morning that she says she was at her house. Again, no reason to doubt she was not there but no verified proof.

There is also the rumor I read here or on another site where someone claimed her phone was used to call and make the appointment. That would probably be enough to get her arrested.

A reason to doubt: She has been arrested for kidnapping and capital murder!
[emoji21]

He wouldnt be able to "grab" the lockbox without pre-planning to do it, moo

ITA You can't "grab" a lock box. They are permanently affixed to (usually) the door now and only the individual who placed it there and has the code can remove it. If he removed it (as MSM suggested) it could have been done with the use of magnets or perhaps removing the doorknob or having the code to remove it. You can grab the key that is in the lock box if the person with the code opened it but not the entire lock box.

I may have missed it but was there any report on whether the car doors were locked or unlocked? Makes a big difference. I'll sometimes leave my purse in the car when I carry a big tote full of current files and ipad etc but of course concealed and locked. Some areas are safer and don't lock up in other parts of the country granted, but I would think if the car were found unlocked with the purse and keys in there... I might be ready to revise my theory about just-inside-the-house being the first point of abduction...
I have seen or read anything that said if the car was locked or not. Just a lot of stuff we are in the dark about.

ITA You can't "grab" a lock box. They are permanently affixed to (usually) the door now and only the individual who placed it there and has the code can remove it. If he removed it (as MSM suggested) is could be done through the use of magnets or perhaps removing the doorknob or having the code to remove it. You can grab the key that is in the lock box if the person with the code opened it but not the entire lock box.

Exactly!!! Which is why I do not think it was a spur of the moment decision to grab her or he panicked or whatever. In order for him to get it loose, he would have had to come prepared to remove it. He would have already had to have that plan of big magnets in his pocket before he headed to that listing. We are on the same page!!

It says on Oct 21 she tested negative. But that doesn't really tell us about Sept, does it?

ETA: Just to clarify, maybe it could. I don't know that much about drug testing.

I think different areas have different ways of doing things. I have never gone and met a realtor anywhere before seeing them at the home I was looking at.

Same here (in Southern California.) From my experience whenever I have looked at homes it was either 1.) During an Open House (most often) 2.) When our realtor took us to homes we were interested in seeing (he was listing our home and we drove with him in his car to several listings in the area we were interested in looking at.) 3.) We called and scheduled an appointment with someone who was the listing agent on a home we were interested in seeing (our realtor was an hour away from the area in which we were looking at.) Those people always asked us who the realtor we were working with was and (I assume) checked us out with him before showing us the house.

Where I live, in Southern California, realtors regularly have Open Houses and female realtors are usually alone in a house with the door wide open for anyone to come in and look at the house. It always kinda sketched me out thinking of those people alone in a house with random strangers popping by to look at a house. Most times I have gone to an open house there hasn't been anyone else in the home with me, aside from the realtor. Scary!

I know I read somewhere that the car was locked. I just can't seem to find it, but will continue the search. I remember thinking to myself, where are her keys and how did CC get in the car? I guess LE could have opened it. Anyone else remember?

It says on Oct 21 she tested negative. But that doesn't really tell us about Sept, does it?

ETA: Just to clarify, maybe it could. I don't know that much about drug testing.

Hair follicle tests go back 90 days or more.

Thank you for this. I think it deserves a mention that there are numerous products on the market that can mask the detection of drugs in hair follicles. There are also numerous 'at home' methods of lessoning your chances of a positive drug test. Also worth mentioning, at one of CL's most current employment positions one of her job duties, as stated in her resume, was to collect samples for drug tests. I would assume that, because of her job title, she would be well aware of the different tricks and techniques of getting around those tests. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy