GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this seems like an inquisition....I don't mean for it to come off that way. :) I understand that some of these (or all) aren't known or cannot be answered, but they are just thoughts going through my head. But, I do have another question. Just trying to get it all straight in my head.

At any point at the hospital, did CL actually see and/or speak to AL? We know they were both there....but did they talk to each other? I mean before she went to the police station?

Oops! One more. ;) Did she leave the hospital to go to the police station before or after the police realized AL had slipped out the back door?

try to remember it is only CL's word about an encounter with LE at the hospital...

I also want to bring up that *if* this was a collaborative effort between AL and CL to kidnap and hold BC for ransom, it is possible, if not quite likely, that they both had disposable prepaid "burner phones". So just because she gave a cell phone to police does not prove that she did not have another phone in her possession.

Just thinking out loud. I have no proof one way or the other. Just throwing out a possibility.

This is why she was so "irritated" about being arrested on Monday...her statement to her daughter was "This is so absurd/rediculous. If they wanted me to come to the police station to talk all they had to do was ask, and I would have gone.

I take it she said this on Monday? does not sound like she was questioned by LE at the hospital or at the police station on Sunday..

Sorry if this seems like an inquisition....I don't mean for it to come off that way. :) I understand that some of these (or all) aren't known or cannot be answered, but they are just thoughts going through my head. But, I do have another question. Just trying to get it all straight in my head.

At any point at the hospital, did CL actually see and/or speak to AL? We know they were both there....but did they talk to each other? I mean before she went to the police station?

Oops! One more. ;) Did she leave the hospital to go to the police station before or after the police realized AL had slipped out the back door?

It was my understanding she was unable to talk to him at hospital because he was supposedly getting a test done. She told me she followed LE to the police station from the hospital. That is her word and I have no way to verify any of that as fact. I have no reason to believe it's not true but clarifying that I don't have personal knowledge of it as in eye witness.

Im curious because that news article last week when the formal charges were made said CL was first interviewed the day AL was arrested.That was a Monday.Did the article have it wrong?

Im curious because that news article last week when the formal charges were made said CL was first interviewed the day AL was arrested.That was a Monday.Did the article have it wrong?

Maybe that was the first "formal" interview with her but she was interviewed by LE on Sunday. She was actually arrested on the day AL was arrested and was charged with the Theft by Receiving charge. Butler was that not your understanding too?

I take it she said this on Monday? does not sound like she was questioned by LE at the hospital or at the police station on Sunday..

Let me clarify....Meaning "yesterday LE asked me to come in and talk to them and I did. If they wanted to talk to me again, all they had to do was ask."

Maybe that was the first "formal" interview with her but she was interviewed by LE on Sunday. She was actually arrested on the day AL was arrested and was charged with the Theft by Receiving charge. Butler was that not your understanding too?

Yes this is my understanding.

Let me clarify....Meaning "yesterday LE asked me to come in and talk to them and I did. If they wanted to talk to me again, all they had to do was ask."

to clarify- did she say this or this is what you think she meant?

Its not unusual for LE to question someone several times and not arrest them. That happened in the Kristy Kelly case not long ago. Her death ended up being an accident but the last person who saw her at the VFW was questioned over and over because his wife was posting on FB about how stressed out she was because of it.

So at the time of the accident was AL a person of interest....or did he become a person of interest after the car wreak? If it was prior to the accident, do we know how/why he became a person of interest? So is it possible that whatever was on CL's phone plus BCs phone found at the house was enough to get an arrest warrent for AL, but not CL??

So at the time of the accident was AL a person of interest....or did he become a person of interest after the car wreak? If it was prior to the accident, do we know how/why he became a person of interest? So is it possible that whatever was on CL's phone plus BCs phone found at the house was enough to get an arrest warrent for AL, but not CL??

From my understanding, LE was tailing AL at the time of the wreck, so I'm guessing he was a person of interest. I believe LE stated it was something about his phone/BC's phone that led them to look at him as a suspect. It was supposedly the reason he actually had the wreck...he noticed he was being tailed and he was trying to outrun them, lost control and wrecked the car. It's also probably the reason why LE took the infamous bloody face picture at the scene of the wreck. I do *not* think it was a lights/sirens on chase nor do we even know if it was a marked police car. I think they were simply observing his movements and he happened to spot them.

From my understanding, LE was tailing AL at the time of the wreck, so I'm guessing he was a person of interest. I believe LE stated it was something about his phone/BC's phone that led them to look at him as a suspect. It was supposedly the reason he actually had the wreck...he noticed he was being tailed and he was trying to outrun them, lost control and wrecked the car. It's also probably the reason why LE took the infamous bloody face picture at the scene of the wreck. I do *not* think it was a lights/sirens on chase nor do we even know if it was a marked police car. I think they were simply observing his movements and he happened to spot them.

Could he have deliberately caused the wreck and injury, knowing he was being sought by police and knowing that in a hospital he would stand a decent chance of losing the LE tail once inside and...possibly escaping?

Could he have deliberately caused the wreck and injury, knowing he was being sought by police and knowing that in a hospital he would stand a decent chance of losing the LE tail once inside and...possibly escaping?

Hmmmm....interesting idea. It would have given him some time to make a plan to be picked up. He wasn't arrested at the time, so there would have been no reason for them to stop him from using his phone to call or text someone once he knew which hospital he was going to wind up, he could have easily texted someone to drive back and forth down a specific road until they saw him.

If...big huge if....CL or someone else was for some reason already in the LR area at the time, then that could also explain why he chose to go to Baptist in LR as opposed to the closer facilities. And then you have LE requesting them to go slow.

One big huge cat and mouse game.

But the night of the kidnapping he was supposedly home playing video games either at 10 or 11.
This was on that Sunday he had the accident and went to Baptist hospital. I read a few times where people were speculating he stole the truck from a site in Alexander, when I heard it was more plausible that he stole it from the site next to the hospital.

One would assume he stole it to have a ride to run from the hospital...remember he kinda knew they were onto him so he was running....the most puzzling part is why was he found in LR the next day? Why not get out of Little Rock, especially if you have transportation, unless it was out of gas? But I am with you it makes more sense to steal it from next door than another city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member