GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the beard that was spoke of was a costume of sorts. Otherwise she would have been able to identify them. I mean when is ransom ever successful? Just crazy in this day and age to think you could do that sort of thing.

Back to the documents and it states they terrorized Beverly. I hate to think of what they put her through. I also feel that there may be some pics. jmo

The terrorizing clause takes me back to my former theory of AL being a hired hand to rough her up but not necessarily to kill her...again by a third party. It's all very interesting they included that either/or scenario in the charge. Leaving an option open pending further discovery I guess.

I'm still hung up on the info CL drove hours in the middle of the night to sneak her daughter from her dad's home...not telling anyone. That tells me a lot about the type of person she is...or what she can be capable of doing.
ETA: Isn't that more or less kidnapping your own child?!?
And why do that anyway? Sounds like she was not thinking clearly.

Idk, wasn't that the same night she was arrested for theft by receiving and questioned? I'll have to look back for dates...

She was arrested that Monday around 1000-1100 am for the theft by receiving charge...she was released around 8-9pm that night

Maybe the beard that was spoke of was a costume of sorts. Otherwise she would have been able to identify them. I mean when is ransom ever successful? Just crazy in this day and age to think you could do that sort of thing.

That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought of. Would fit the tall skinny white guy profile, add a beard. With his paltry criminal skills I'm surprised he didn't wear the fake nose on glasses get up.

We have no idea yet either whether Beverly was an actual specific target in the crime, or a more random one -as in "a rich broker, woman who worked alone". I think that speaks to everything re motive and the missing pieces or potential of another party with a grudge to bear. Who has requested "terrorizing". I'm leaning that way but only on hunch.

I don't think so. JMO but why would they have allowed people to spend days searching for her if they knew she was being held for ransom? I can't see the police doing that.

The only kidnapping murder/ransom case that I can think of at the moment that I have followed was Samantha Koenig. I think they did have searches for her but that has been almost three years ago and I don't remember all the facts.

I'm still hung up on the info CL drove hours in the middle of the night to sneak her daughter from her dad's home...not telling anyone. That tells me a lot about the type of person she is...or what she can be capable of doing.
ETA: Isn't that more or less kidnapping your own child?!?

You would think so...but unfortunatly it wasn't looked at that way. It was decided by both parents on Sunday Sept 28th that it would be in the childs best interest to "get out of town" and go stay with dad. Her twitter, FB, insta was blowing up with kids at school making comments and asking dumb stuff. There was a plan to met halfway and exchange the daughter on Monday the 29th but CL was arrested before that could happen. The daughter was with CL when she was arrested and waited at the police station until a family member from dad's side could come pick her up. Because it was not technically "dad's time" on paper....it was not kidnapping. **If she pulled this stunt during "dad's weekend" it would be interference with child custody which in my state is a felony.

It was immediently after this that dad filed for emergency custody

CL's house is located in Gravel Ridge, which was recently annexed by the city of Sherwood. You'll see her address also listed as being in Jacksonville in some places. (Confusing, I know.) Sherwood, Gravel Ridge and Jacksonville roughly form a triangle. The city of Sherwood is south on Highway 107 from Gravel Ridge.

Someone asked earlier on this thread about a feasibility of a Realtor consenting to a "just hop in my car" proposition. As a Realtor I can tell you flat out No -unless it's a client you know and have worked with for a considerable time. No no no. And no! And it was reputed by her colleagues that Beverly herself was quite adamant on that rule. I would bet against that having occurred 100% IMO.

The documents state that “in the course of and in the furtherance of the felony, or in immediate flight therefrom, [the suspects] or an accomplice caused the death of Beverly Carter.”

ConnectZDots it does leave the door open for a future arrest or it seems that way to me. I wish we had one of our verified attorneys or someone with legal experience weigh in on this case.

Wanted to add that it almost sounds like Beverly was trying to get away. Unless this is just how they document this stuff. IDK

I'm sure her phone records will prove where she was during that time. Cell phones are playing a HUGE part in this case.
Note to self: leave cell phone at home if you anticipate shady hanky pankies

Right?!
What the hell were they on to be so delusional?!

CL's house is located in Gravel Ridge, which was recently annexed by the city of Sherwood. You'll see her address also listed as being in Jacksonville in some places. (Confusing, I know.) Sherwood, Gravel Ridge and Jacksonville roughly form a triangle. The city of Sherwood is south on Highway 107 from Gravel Ridge.

Thank you. It is confusing. I was trying to figure out the physical distance between her and her listed next of kin on the formal documents.

You would think so...but unfortunatly it wasn't looked at that way. It was decided by both parents on Sunday Sept 28th that it would be in the childs best interest to "get out of town" and go stay with dad. Her twitter, FB, insta was blowing up with kids at school making comments and asking dumb stuff. There was a plan to met halfway and exchange the daughter on Monday the 29th but CL was arrested before that could happen. The daughter was with CL when she was arrested and waited at the police station until a family member from dad's side could come pick her up. Because it was not technically "dad's time" on paper....it was not kidnapping. **If she pulled this stunt during "dad's weekend" it would be interference with child custody which in my state is a felony.

It was immediently after this that dad filed for emergency custody
I brought your quote over from the last thread just to refresh my memory of the time frame this took place.
/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
<br />
I don't know exactly what she is buying in jail...I was being sarcastic. But I know that she transferred her last child support payment onto her prison account because SHE SAID SHE DID. The child support issue has been resolved.<br />
<br />
The daughter went to her dads on the day she was arrested for possession of a the stolen phone (CL was released later that night). But at that time the house was a crime scene. A few days later (after agreeing that she should stay with dad for at least a week) she drove to Kansas in the middle of the night and texted her daughter when she got there to sneak out. (the daughter wanted to go back to moms so she agreed) So when dad, step-mom, and brother woke up she was just gone.... She drove 14 hours round trip and didn't bother to see her son, because she knew she was being shady. Then dad filed for emergency custody (which was granted), and when he took physical custody of her Crystal refused to allow her to take any of her belongings.<br />
<br />
And I don't know how long you have known Crystal....but Arron bought her the *advertiser censored*.<br/>

Incorrect. There were 2 sleepovers at 2 different houses...but they were all friends. The group of girls at house A TP-ed the house....the daughter was with group B.

Add sleepover with cheer girls group C my daughter was at that one and I guess at some point and time group B and C girls and the moms supervising met up. The next morning I was told that my daughters group had rolled a couple of houses and I confirmed with the mom supervising that it was other group of girls which I guess now is group A. Ughh the stories seem to change everyday...I see now why I stopped posting on the forum.

Thank you. It is confusing. I was trying to figure out the physical distance between her and her listed next of kin on the formal documents.

I made a map showing where CL's house is, the concrete plant where BC's body was found, and the house that BC was showing in Scott. I included pins for the cities of Sherwood and Jacksonville so it's easier to see the relationship. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

I made a map showing where CL's house is, the concrete plant where BC's body was found, and the house that BC was showing in Scott. I included pins for the cities of Sherwood and Jacksonville so it's easier to see the relationship. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Very helpful, thanks for the map! Can you tell me where Humnoke falls roughly in that grouping on the map? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbarabarth2016