GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The terrorizing clause takes me back to my former theory of AL being a hired hand to rough her up but not necessarily to kill her...again by a third party. It's all very interesting they included that either/or scenario in the charge. Leaving an option open pending further discovery I guess.

Same here. I said from the beginning that I thought this was a murder for hire scenario, or something close to it. I am still not convinced that this isn't the case.

Look again at count two, arkansamimi. In line 6 it states the ransom scenario - then the next clause begins with "OR, IN THE ALTERNATIVE" ... and then goes on to list the being restrained to be terrorized option as possibility #2. It's a two-prong clause, an either / or. (I have to read contracts all day long and am often forced to draft and decipher these protracted long-winded sentences, unhappily!) ;)

All these legal papers on some sort of for better word..Word Doc, where you fill in the blanks. Looking at that criminal code- they picked out as many as possible that fit the charge JMHO http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2012/title-5/subtitle-2/chapter-11/section-5-11-102

Great JOB!

Can you add a pin for Baptist Health. I still am bumfuzzled over the thought of AL leaving LR, going back to Cabot, then BACK to area not far from Baptist where he was apprehended. Why would he go Back to that area? Did he know someone there? Also, AL has not been charged with stealing that dump truck, so I wonder if someone else has? Or if someone else was driving it?

Does anyone have offhand link to from where the dump truck was stolen from? Thanks in advance.

Green Mountain Drive (where AL was apprehended) is not necessarily close to Baptist Hospital. And i don't remember a report of him going back to Cabot. IIRC, the dump truck was possibly taken from Alexander.

IIRC, someone stated that BC didn't have official custody, but the bio Mom allowed for lots of visitation with the Carters. Is that incorrect?

Court docs show that the bio mom signed off and gave guardianship to BC and Carl Sr. IIRC last Nov. Not sure if it right to post the link but its on the Pulaski Cty Website, public record.

Court docs show that the bio mom signed off and gave guardianship to BC and Carl Sr. IIRC last Nov. Not sure if it right to post the link but its on the Pulaski Cty Website, public record.

Media sources I saw also said last fall- but some neighbors seemed to think she was living there as early as the spring before last fall, so it seems like yes, lots of extended visitations prior to.

It amazes me how people commit these senseless acts of violence and just go about their business like nothing happened, hitting on women on the internet, partying etc. Lack of conscience.

It amazes me how people commit these senseless acts of violence and just go about their business like nothing happened, hitting on women on the internet, partying etc. Lack of conscience.

maybe that was what he was doing for an alibi?

Green Mountain Drive (where AL was apprehended) is not necessarily close to Baptist Hospital. And i don't remember a report of him going back to Cabot. IIRC, the dump truck was possibly taken from Alexander.

Baptist Health to Alexander (not sure of exact location in Alexander) is approx. 11.7 miles south of Baptist.
So if he left BH and went to Alexander to get the Dump truck, he went South then came back North to the area where apprehended on Green MTN which is abt 12.7 miles from Alexander.
Pleasant Point Apts on Green Mtn Drive is 3.5 miles from Baptist.

And that's my whole point, or my opinion rather. People having theory of him leaving Baptist, going to Alexander, stealing dump truck, going back to Cabot with dump truck to bury BC at the concrete comp in Cabot. Then he is apprehended only 3.5 miles from the hospital he ran from.

I don't see it. Either way someone had to be giving him a ride to get the dump truck (if he is who stole it). And if he stole it why come back to the area he was caught from.

That blue trailer that Arron had paid cash from, is not far from where BC was abducted from and again there are multi people are mutual friends.

I can not link to a person from AL or CL fb because they have been removed. But I have screen captures of some stuff and that is what gives me my gut feelings. Possible all just coincidences. jmho

Baptist Health to Alexander (not sure of exact location in Alexander) is approx. 11.7 miles south of Baptist.
So if he left BH and went to Alexander to get the Dump truck, he went South then came back North to the area where apprehended on Green MTN which is abt 12.7 miles from Alexander.
Pleasant Point Apts on Green Mtn Drive is 3.5 miles from Baptist.

And that's my whole point, or my opinion rather. People having theory of him leaving Baptist, going to Alexander, stealing dump truck, going back to Cabot with dump truck to bury BC at the concrete comp in Cabot. Then he is apprehended only 3.5 miles from the hospital he ran from.

I don't see it. Either way someone had to be giving him a ride to get the dump truck (if he is who stole it). And if he stole it why come back to the area he was caught from.

That blue trailer that Arron had paid cash from, is not far from where BC was abducted from and again there are multi people are mutual friends.

I can not link to a person from AL or CL fb because they have been removed. But I have screen captures of some stuff and that is what gives me my gut feelings. Possible all just coincidences. jmho

I do not know what you are trying to say in the last two paragraphs: one starts "That blue trailer" and the other "I can not link..."

I do not know what you are trying to say in the last two paragraphs: one starts "That blue trailer" and the other "I can not link..."

Sorry, in the rules, we can only link to their social media.. not friends or family. So I cant link to AL fb, its been deactivated.

AL, from his fb knew people from that area (area where blue trailer he bought) Very possible he had one of them give him a ride from the hosp, not knowing what was up.

Ok, thinking out loud... would she go with them if she knew someone that knew AL/CL? Wasn't this supposed to be a referral?
I can't believe she would have. Plus, she left her purse and the door open. Just can't see it.

Hi all. I've mostly been reading and it's just heartbreaking. I wanted to add some thoughts I had to see what you think are the possibilities.

http://www2.arkansasmatters.com/med...er_Kidnapping_Murder_Case_Court_Documents.pdf

FYI: I put the things that stood out to me in red below:
As written in the above link:

Larry Jegley, Prosecuting Attorney of the Sixth Judicial District of Arkansas, in the name, by the authority, and on behalf of the State of Arkansas, charges AARON M LEWIS AND CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY with the crime of violating ACA 5-10-101 CAPITAL MURDER committed as follows, to wit (that is to say or namely): : The said defendant(s), in Pulaski County, on or about September 25, 2014 through September 26, 2014, acting alone or with one or more other persons, he committed or attempted to commit a felony, to-wit: KIDNAPPING, and in the course of and in the furtherance of the felony, or in immediate flight therefrom, he or an accomplice caused the death of BEVERLY CARTER, against the peace and dignity of the State of Arkansas.

From the above link: Below is info taken from AL & CL’s handwritten Arkansas Arrest/Disposition Reports

For AL:
Charge Description: Capital Murder
Charge Description: Robbery
Charge Description: Poss of Firerarm by Cert

FACTS OF ARREST:
Above subject confessed to the kidnapping of Beverly Carter, but refused to provide us with her location. Suspect and victim telephone records were able to be traced to a certain area off of Hwy 5 in Pulaski County. A search of the area revealed the deceased victim in a shallow grave bound by duct tape.

For CL:
Charge Description: Capital Murder
Charge Description: Kidnapping

Kidnapping is not listed on AL’s handwritten Charge Description. Is that an oversight or are they saying they believe that CL is responsible for the kidnapping?

It sounds to me that AL attempted to kidnap Beverly and in the attempt to kidnap her or in the immediate trying to get away from the scene, that he or an accomplice caused Beverly’s death. Maybe he tazed her, than bound & gagged her and he and his accomplice put her in the trunk of CL’s car. At that point, she may have still been alive, but she could have suffocated / had a heart attack and died while she was physically located in CL’s possession. That could be how AL justifies saying that the last time he saw her she was alive or why he said in the Prison interview that it was an accident.

Just trying to piece it together. But, IMO, I don’t think they started out with murder in mind and I don’t think it was a sexual assault. I think they both (AL and CL) started out with a scam for money in mind. I think that Beverly was injured in their attempt to nab her and while she is subdued (either injured or unconscious), they bound and gagged her (because it wouldn’t be necessary to put duct tape on her if she was already dead.)

Not that I believe anything AL or CL says, but there is always a tiny bit of truth even in the lies. Remember, AL said she was alive the last time he saw her a couple of days before.... maybe AL & CL knew Beverly was injured and near death on Fri. They panicked and wanted to just get rid of her and get away from all they had done. So they buried her while Beverly was barely alive... thus causing her death in the course of the kidnapping or in the flight from (as stated in red above.)

Great JOB!

Can you add a pin for Baptist Health. I still am bumfuzzled over the thought of AL leaving LR, going back to Cabot, then BACK to area not far from Baptist where he was apprehended. Why would he go Back to that area? Did he know someone there? Also, AL has not been charged with stealing that dump truck, so I wonder if someone else has? Or if someone else was driving it?

Does anyone have offhand link to from where the dump truck was stolen from? Thanks in advance.

Sure, here's a link.

IMO, both AL and CL are psychopaths. Period. Psychopaths are smooth operators. They murdered BC. No ifs and or buts.

IIRC, someone stated that BC didn't have official custody, but the bio Mom allowed for lots of visitation with the Carters. Is that incorrect?
That is what I heard as well. No formal court order. It sounded like they had a good relationship.

Perhaps they held her hostage and waited to make the ransom demand. This would explain the shift by the police and request to ask people to check property, sheds, etc., once the ransom demand came through.
They didn't ask for people to check sheds until after they had charged AL with kidnapping and he wouldn't tell them where she was. Too me, that says he knew she was dead. Why would you not talk at that point. I mean had he known she was alive he could have avoided the Capital murder charge.

Same here. I said from the beginning that I thought this was a murder for hire scenario, or something close to it. I am still not convinced that this isn't the case.

Me too. I mean if you want a ransom why pic someone like this. There was nothing about BC that screamed rich too me.

CL's children are not sleuthable or discussable in any manner, they are minors.

Friends, Family and Acquaintances are not discussable or sleuthable, regardless of
whether the info you find is public info. The victim and suspects are the only ones you
can sleuth and post about it here.

You can discuss anything from main stream media or anyone that has been in the media but only
in the context of what has been reported.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member