GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE =mpnola;11344846]ORIG POSTED Arkansasmim, POST#902--- Lewis has an 11-year-old criminal record with arrests in six states, including Arkansas, and convictions for robbery, transporting stolen vehicles and theft. But there's no indication he's ever been found to be mentally ill in any of those cases. He has been ordered to undergo counseling for drug abuse and mental health before, court records show. The psychological counseling was a requirement of his 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/dec/04/suspect-to-get-mental-test-20141204/[/QUOTE]

Snipped and underlined, by me.

TKL- According to this article, Aaron was in counseling for drug abuse. It has been discussed that a relapse of drug use could have contributed to the kidnapping and murder of Beverly Carter. Do you have any knowledge of a similar drug history/ current use for Crystal?

*Are all the eggshells still intact?*[/QUOTE]

She has never been treated for drugs or alcohol abuse. She does drink every once in awhile but not to the point where I would consider her an alcoholic.

I will try to say this as delicately as possible because I don't want to break any rules but it is getting really frustrating on this site. There are many of us here and we don't all feel the same way but I am starting to feel that I am in the minority here and that my opinion is not valued as a result.

I truly believe people can change, criminals can be rehabilitated, addicts can be cured. I also believe that our society is way too sensitive in behaviors it deems "harmful" or problematic. In my opinion, many of the things being said about CL to point to why she *MUST* be guilty of capital murder have nothing to do with what she is charged with.

For example, I don't think it is a problem ***in and of itself*** that she let a 7-time felon in her life. That, in and of itself wouldn't have necessarily been an issue based on my belief that people CAN change. Before you all jump on me and make me feel like carp for that opinion, please allow me to explain. The problem lies, not in the fact that he was a criminal, but that she didn't take the time to verify that he HAD actually changed. Then once she realized that she made a mistake, she should have done everything possible to remove him from her life but that may not have been as easy as we would all like to think it is.

I will stand by what I have consistently said over and over again here. I will give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. I will assume that CL MIGHT BE innocent until we see evidence otherwise. I know that isn't likely, but it might be true. None of us have seen solid evidence at this point and digging up any dirt we can on her doesn't link her directly to this crime.

I am sorry for what happened to BC. I am sorry that there is crime in this world. I am sorry that horrible things happen to good people. But I also know that sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes good people do terrible things because they get dragged in somehow. That doesn't make them bad people. They are still good people who got dragged down. And sometimes the good guys aren't the good guys. Sometimes LE gets it wrong.

I am here on this site because I want to help sleuth the truth, find out what really happened and how to prevent it in the future. I hope that our voices can save just one. Passing judgment and gossip will not do that. And I would ask that I am respected for my voice and my opinion even though others may find it wrong or disagree.

sunflowerchick I do agree that people do make mistakes. The difference is when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You learn from the mistakes and dont do them again. CL may have realized she made a mistake marrying AL. No doubt she made it and she probably realized it. If realizing he was a mistake when he used her to try to extort money from the ex , why did she repeat the same mistake and let him back in? And now, look where she is at. There were no different results. They only got worse.Thats the difference. jmo

Did I miss something? I haven't seen anyone disrespecting anyone else's voice or opinion. It is my understanding that we don't have to withhold our own viewpoint just because someone among us has a different one. That would make for a very boring forum. I think we can all co-exist, differences of opinions and all.

lol I tell my kids. You make a mistake you learn from it. Repeat it and its a choice with consequences.

sunflowerchick I do agree that people do make mistakes. The difference is when you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You learn from the mistakes and dont do them again. CL may have realized she made a mistake marrying AL. No doubt she made it and she probably realized it. If realizing he was a mistake when he used her to try to extort money from the ex , why did she repeat the same mistake and let him back in? And now, look where she is at. There were no different results. They only got worse.Thats the difference. jmo

Yes, I agree with you to a point. I said in my post that when she realized that he hadn't changed she should have done everything possible to get him out of her life. But I also said that it probably wasn't as easy as we can all sit here and say it is.

We see this over and over again in abuse cases (not saying CL was abused). The victims defend and go back to the abuser. There is a psychology behind it. Perhaps CL was depressed, perhaps she had self-esteem issues, perhaps she is actually a sociopath. Who knows? She might be completely the mastermind behind this whole thing, she might have been dragged into this by AL or she might be completely innocent 100%.

Just saying I am open to all possibilities.

First of all, I value each and every POV. As we have seen in many trials, there is rarely a slam dunk case and I like to "get into the head" of the differing views of the person on trial because it gives me some insight on how a potential juror might see things. If we all view things the same way and come to the same conclusions we will miss some less obvious clues. Every case I participate in teaches me something that I can bring to the next one.

I don't post a lot, I am more of an observer. In order to really sleuth,I believe one has to stand back and look at things from differing angles. I want to try to get into the head of the accused and see things-- not how I might respond-- because frankly, as a senior citizen that has lead a comfortable and law abiding life, I wouldn't find my self in her shoes. Instead, I want to look at the accused and get to know him or her. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It matters to me if he/she was involved in other unsavory activities, if they were a risk taker, if they had a habit of cheating, lying, drug taking, or promiscuity. Not because I want to tar and feather anyone for their bad choices in life, but because it is all a part of who they are and it is these choices that might have potentially put them in a position of being capable of committing this crime.

I want to understand a motive for what is the ultimate unthinkable act for most of us. I want to be prepared for the eyes and ears of the jury when the trial starts. I want to dig and dig some more. It is why I come here. I feel I owe it to the victim.

I just showed a property and, like every time I show a property now...I thought of this beautiful woman in the photo. The showing went well, a couple (yes, we do tend to feel safer when it's a "couple") and their agent. All good. Then when I was alone, packing up to leave - out of the blue the dogs started barking like crazy. I freaked and felt a rush of vulnerability, knowing my owners weren't due back anytime soon. (4600 sf house, many levels, many doors) Don't know what it was that they were barking about, but I got out quickly. Again, thinking of Beverly. She permeates my everyday work life and lapses over into my personal life as I relate her story to everyone.

Some jobs come with built in known hazards and risks to health, welfare or even life. Real estate should not be one of them. Per Carl Jr, Beverly had her first kid at only 16 yrs old... And then 2 other sons following. Then she lost her dear son in that tragic car accident while he was so young. She had a lot on her plate and I'm sure she missed an awful lot of partying and carefree living that other young teenagers enjoyed, trying to care for a growing family when times were not so good for her. She didn't resort to stealing, embezzling, blackmail, extortion, forgery, identity theft, or kidnapping for ransom. She got through. She learned a trade (not an easy one to succeed at I might add) and she worked her tail off.

She knew her job - the ins and outs and reasonable safe practices. She warned other realtors at her firm to never ever get in the clients cars, for safety reasons. She told Carl Sr exactly where she'd be and when and when she didn't check back in....he worried. Indicating that too was part of her regular practice, as it is mine. Check in after the showing. She's gone now and I never met her but I literally feel her death every day. That's kind of strange. But I know I'm not alone. And it's not just because she's a Realtor.

I just had to say that. Back to your regularly scheduled sleuthing! :)

http://www.fox16.com/media/lib/9/d/7/2/d72ca198-8113-418c-838f-4f14c0f4e79b/Story.jpg

Story.jpg

Yes, I agree with you to a point. I said in my post that when she realized that he hadn't changed she should have done everything possible to get him out of her life. But I also said that it probably wasn't as easy as we can all sit here and say it is.

We see this over and over again in abuse cases (not saying CL was abused). The victims defend and go back to the abuser. There is a psychology behind it. Perhaps CL was depressed, perhaps she had self-esteem issues, perhaps she is actually a sociopath. Who knows? She might be completely the mastermind behind this whole thing, she might have been dragged into this by AL or she might be completely innocent 100%.

Just saying I am open to all possibilities.

We are still talking about people who are currently in prison CHARGED with kidnapping and murder. The accused are allowed to be sleuthed. If either are found not guilty or the charges are dropped, the sleuthing will stop. Until then, it is allowed. The sleuthing isn't meant to change minds, necessarily. It is intended to dive into motive, psychology, dynamics, and details surrounding the crime, what led up to it and what happened after. The first thing I do when looking at a packet to serve adults with mental health issues is look at the history. It is part of the process. You look at history, progress, changes, potential, circumstances... all of it. No one is sleuthing a random human. No one is convicting anyone. We are information gathering. I refuse to feel guilty for doing exactly what this group is designed to do. ALL opinions and information is welcome, including the information that point to guilt of the accused. Just because I have information that I might believe points one way doesn't mean anyone else has to see it that way. I am still allowed to post and discuss.

First of all, I value each and every POV. As we have seen in many trials, there is rarely a slam dunk case and I like to "get into the head" of the differing views of the person on trial because it gives me some insight on how a potential juror might see things. If we all view things the same way and come to the same conclusions we will miss some less obvious clues. Every case I participate in teaches me something that I can bring to the next one.

I don't post a lot, I am more of an observer. In order to really sleuth,I believe one has to stand back and look at things from differing angles. I want to try to get into the head of the accused and see things-- not how I might respond-- because frankly, as a senior citizen that has lead a comfortable and law abiding life, I wouldn't find my self in her shoes. Instead, I want to look at the accused and get to know him or her. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly. It matters to me if he/she was involved in other unsavory activities, if they were a risk taker, if they had a habit of cheating, lying, drug taking, or promiscuity. Not because I want to tar and feather anyone for their bad choices in life, but because it is all a part of who they are and it is these choices that might have potentially put them in a position of being capable of committing this crime.

I want to understand a motive for what is the ultimate unthinkable act for most of us. I want to be prepared for the eyes and ears of the jury when the trial starts. I want to dig and dig some more. It is why I come here. I feel I owe it to the victim.

DING DING DING DING!!! That. Exactly. Thanks.

I will try to say this as delicately as possible because I don't want to break any rules but it is getting really frustrating on this site. There are many of us here and we don't all feel the same way but I am starting to feel that I am in the minority here and that my opinion is not valued as a result.

I truly believe people can change, criminals can be rehabilitated, addicts can be cured. I also believe that our society is way too sensitive in behaviors it deems "harmful" or problematic. In my opinion, many of the things being said about CL to point to why she *MUST* be guilty of capital murder have nothing to do with what she is charged with.

For example, I don't think it is a problem ***in and of itself*** that she let a 7-time felon in her life. That, in and of itself wouldn't have necessarily been an issue based on my belief that people CAN change. Before you all jump on me and make me feel like carp for that opinion, please allow me to explain. The problem lies, not in the fact that he was a criminal, but that she didn't take the time to verify that he HAD actually changed. Then once she realized that she made a mistake, she should have done everything possible to remove him from her life but that may not have been as easy as we would all like to think it is.

I will stand by what I have consistently said over and over again here. I will give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt. I will assume that CL MIGHT BE innocent until we see evidence otherwise. I know that isn't likely, but it might be true. None of us have seen solid evidence at this point and digging up any dirt we can on her doesn't link her directly to this crime.

I am sorry for what happened to BC. I am sorry that there is crime in this world. I am sorry that horrible things happen to good people. But I also know that sometimes mistakes are made. Sometimes good people do terrible things because they get dragged in somehow. That doesn't make them bad people. They are still good people who got dragged down. And sometimes the good guys aren't the good guys. Sometimes LE gets it wrong.

I am here on this site because I want to help sleuth the truth, find out what really happened and how to prevent it in the future. I hope that our voices can save just one. Passing judgment and gossip will not do that. And I would ask that I am respected for my voice and my opinion even though others may find it wrong or disagree.
you're right that none of us has seen evidence to link Her to a crime, but it's because nothing is being released..... That being said, we also haven't seen anything to make her innocent.... And if LE is wrong, you know how bad they could get sued for charging her with 0 evidence? Just thinking outloud.

ConnectZDots Just wanted to add that she was the 3rd leading salesperson in the state. That is huge and shows how hard she worked. I used to sell real estate. It doesnt come to you. You have to constantly go after it with alot of no's along the way. Ever have a client you have invested alot of time and gas into running them all over hells creation, then they just go to another realtor and buy something when you co-op and could have showed them the same thing?

7 members and 5 guests currently browsing this thread. Please join us. We need some new opinions, view points, ideas and thoughts.

I have been curious about the actual meeting. Although I haven't heard this mentioned before, there were no utilities on in that
house. There meeting was scheduled at either 5:30 or 6:00. (I can't remember which) But it was during daylight savings time.

However, I believe AL purposely chose a house without utilities for a late afternoon showing. Also, I feel certain the BC arrived at
the house and opened it up before AL arrived based on the way his truck was parked in the driveway. If you look at the pictures
in the first thread, you will notice a row of trees on the left side of the driveway. Her car was pulled up beside the trees. He managed
to squeeze his truck in between the row of trees and her car. It had to be a very tight fit. I assume he was trying to hide his truck.

I'm not sure how long they were in the house but it is my assumption he waited until dark to take her out. If CC went to the house after
dark he would have had to search with a flashlight. He was quoted in the paper saying there was not sign of BC so evidently he didn't
harm her in the house.

This is my first ever post on any kind of forum. #I'MGREEN

PlateSpinner...Welcome. :goodpost:Good points brought out. Good point about the house not having utilities. He may have chose that house because of that and it would be easier getting her out of it without being seen.

ConnectZDots Just wanted to add that she was the 3rd leading salesperson in the state. That is huge and shows how hard she worked. I used to sell real estate. It doesnt come to you. You have to constantly go after it with alot of no's along the way. Ever have a client you have invested alot of time and gas into running them all over hells creation, then they just go to another realtor and buy something when you co-op and could have showed them the same thing?

It's REALLY hard, concernedmom!! It takes about 7 yrs to build up a client base that will start feeding itself through referrals. Until then it's pounding pavement for every deal. Where I work there are so many thousands of realtors competing for the client. It's really hard. The only way to make it like she did is to work relentlessly, 7 days a week, around the clock. We can be defined by our choices. AL for all we rag on him was not without skills or talents! He wasn't a bad artist, judging from a (of course!) SELF-portrait that his Mom posted that he did about 6 yrs ago... Hence that precise penmanship. He could have explored numerous jobs, trades, professions. He studied welding as well. That's where character comes in. Beverly didn't have a lot of choices either from what I've read about her early years... She was no trust fund baby or ferried off to a fine higher education. And 16 is very young to have a child. But notice the relationship she fostered and maintained with those boys. Choices. CC jr worships her. It tells you about the person. She had tough choices to make over and over as a young person with a family. Thousands mourning her death and at her funeral speak to those choices she made. I'm sure she had her mess ups in life too like everyone. But the point is, she wasn't handed an easy deck of cards either.

I have been curious about the actual meeting. Although I haven't heard this mentioned before, there were no utilities on in that
house. There meeting was scheduled at either 5:30 or 6:00. (I can't remember which) But it was during daylight savings time.

However, I believe AL purposely chose a house without utilities for a late afternoon showing. Also, I feel certain the BC arrived at
the house and opened it up before AL arrived based on the way his truck was parked in the driveway. If you look at the pictures
in the first thread, you will notice a row of trees on the left side of the driveway. Her car was pulled up beside the trees. He managed
to squeeze his truck in between the row of trees and her car. It had to be a very tight fit. I assume he was trying to hide his truck.

I'm not sure how long they were in the house but it is my assumption he waited until dark to take her out. If CC went to the house after
dark he would have had to search with a flashlight. He was quoted in the paper saying there was not sign of BC so evidently he didn't
harm her in the house.

This is my first ever post on any kind of forum. #I'MGREEN

Excellent first post plate spinner! And yes, all good points.

We were talking about the lights or no lights awhile back - and I'd found a newscast where the anchor woman was standing in front of the garage in the evening, right after the crime, and you could see two bright lights through the window at the ceiling height of the garage on the left. However, the place was crawling with press and police then -and I think it could well have been work lights law enforcement brought in to help inspect the scene of the kidnapping.

Welcome to Sleuthville!

I have always said (and I believe) that sleuthing is a good thing. This conversation about lights or no lights = good, productive sleuthing.

Also, in terms of premeditation, we have to remember.... AL left for the appointment with his duct tape. Or whoever his accomplice(s) were did. We know that duct tape was involved in the crime, in the plan. Not a typical "let's rob the rich Realtor" tool... Duct tape. Unless he doesn't leave home without it.

I agree. Life is all about choices. Not talking about this case but so sick of cases they go way back. Mom whipped his butt with a belt so he turned out bad. Someone elses fault. When we become an adult we have accountability.If I commit murder its not nobody's fault but my own.I made that choice and will have to take the consequences. Ive made mistakes in my life and boy did I learn the hard way.If it had a bad result I sure dont want to go through that all over again. I try to draw on that and see if there was a lesson there for me to learn. Its all about choices. Every choice has a consequence. A good one or a bad one. I watched my SIL at Christmas when the kids started acting up.He told them. You need to make a good choice now. Well one didnt stop and ended up standing in the corner and was none too happy with the consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers