GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been my point from the beginning, but for every situation there was an excuse made. We are not supposed to discuss children here, so moving on ...

For me, the motive in this case is beginning to solidify. The most recent tidbit we learned about them (AL&CL) adds another layer.

IMO, these two hatched a plan in which they would obtain incriminating photo's of Beverly (the rich realtor) to use as blackmail. I think it is likely they drugged her to make her compliant. She died (accidentally) during the course of this bizarre scheme.

LE has not made a mistake, or falsely charged anyone. Two defendants have been charged, and are right where they belong. Mooo, baaaa and quack-quack!

I think that is an interesting theory. In order to pull that off it seems they would have to be able to do that without being personally identified by the victim. These two don't seem to be deep thinkers IMO. Plain old kidnapping with intent to demand ransom seems more probable to me. I agree with the theory that she may have been killed inadvertently during the early stages of the crime and that may have been unplanned.

I think that is an interesting theory. In order to pull that off it seems they would have to be able to do that without being personally identified by the victim. These two don't seem to be deep thinkers IMO. Plain old kidnapping with intent to demand ransom seems more probable to me. I agree with the theory that she may have been killed inadvertently during the early stages of the crime and that may have been unplanned.

The "plain ole kidnapping/ransom" would also require Beverly not being able to personally identify them. Regardless of how the two of them thought it would play out, obviously they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

The "plain ole kidnapping/ransom" would also require Beverly not being able to personally identify them. Regardless of how the two of them thought it would play out, obviously they are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

True. In that case, it seems more probable that they intended to kill her all along. Using her cell phone may have served the purpose of making it appear she was still alive to her family so that the ransom could have been collected. Something may have botched that, or perhaps a ransom request was made that has not been disclosed by LE.

True. In that case, it seems more probable that they intended to kill her all along. Using her cell phone may have served the purpose of making it appear she was still alive to her family so that the ransom could have been collected. Something may have botched that, or perhaps a ransom request was made that has not been disclosed by LE.

I wanted to post the link to that video where CC is pleading but I cant get the video to load for me. Im curious about why he pleaded for her return and said if she is hurt we will take her to the hospital? JMO but I suspect there was more communication coming from BC phone than the 3 back to back texts.

TKL, I am so very sorry for what this has and will continue to put you and yours through.

The only positive development I can see in all of this is that the child is now out of what appears to have been a very unhealthy environment.

I have little to offer but prayers, words & thoughts of support and encouragement. I believe I speak for many here when I say that if there is anything more we might do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

ORIG POSTED Arkansasmim, POST#902--- Lewis has an 11-year-old criminal record with arrests in six states, including Arkansas, and convictions for robbery, transporting stolen vehicles and theft. But there's no indication he's ever been found to be mentally ill in any of those cases. He has been ordered to undergo counseling for drug abuse and mental health before, court records show. The psychological counseling was a requirement of his 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/dec/04/suspect-to-get-mental-test-20141204/[/QUOTE]

Snipped and underlined, by me.

TKL- According to this article, Aaron was in counseling for drug abuse. It has been discussed that a relapse of drug use could have contributed to the kidnapping and murder of Beverly Carter. Do you have any knowledge of a similar drug history/ current use for Crystal?

*Are all the eggshells still intact?*

We've read nothing about any kind of disguise that might have been worn. For all we know, AL would have surmised that the old pantyhose over the head trick would make it impossible for him to be identified.

We've read nothing about any kind of disguise that might have been worn. For all we know, AL would have surmised that the old pantyhose over the head trick would make it impossible for him to be identified.

I just got big lifesized image of that! Hilarious!!!

IF BC was able to fight at all she probably has some DNA under her fingernails before she got duct taped.

One or both of them would have had to look somewhat ordinary when they first arrived at the house to appear as prospective buyers, don't you think? I am now leaning more and more toward the thought that they did not conceal their identity, that she was killed to keep her from identifying them, and then they used her cell phone to send text messages and make it appear she was alive and being ransomed.

CC said she thought she was meeting a couple. And I bet a couple showed up. That would have been the first alarm when Beverly arrived if the wife wasnt there.

For example, some people have sideline, online activities that generate potential income for them. Knowing if that was a motivator in having such a website or participating in one, would be useful info, IMO. Some people walk outside the boundaries of what is norm for most of us and that alone can shed a clearer picture of who they really are behind they are behind the curtain..

---Respectfully snipped by me.

YES! This is my thinking as well and clearly many others here as well. Thanks for the input.

This is a recent story about what steps realtors are taking to stay safe during showings, especially after what happened to Beverly Carter. There are several stories about threats that were averted, even before the BC case.

"The two men weren't your typical homebuyers, standing idle in the kitchen of an Ocean Ridge, Fla., townhouse with no interest in seeing the rest of the property. Realtor Pamela Taylor's gut told her something was not right.

And now she was alone with them at an open house. Casually, she picked up her phone and called her office with the secret code.

"Can you get me the red file," she said. .... Taylor was glad she called her office that day two years ago. Although the person who answered the phone initially forgot the code word, her partner understood and called the police.

The two men ran out of the house when a police cruiser could be seen coming down the street.

"I don't frighten easy, but I was frightened that day," said Taylor, a Delray Beach agent. "I can't know what their plans were."

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/12/26/3560201/after-killing-real-estate-agents.html

It must be difficult to find out people you thought you knew were leading double lives. Then you realize you never really knew them at all or what they are capable of. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers