GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
** AL has had dislocated shoulder before ;)

Lewis has a criminal record that stretches back 11 years in six states, and includes a pattern of breaking the conditions of his parole -- doing so three times between 2004 and 2008, according to police and court records.

In May of 2008, after 18 months in custody in Missouri on charges of aggravated flight from a law enforcement officer, Lewis was placed on supervised release to the Kansas City Community Center. Shortly thereafter, court records show, he was expelled over altercations with staff members.

In October of that year, Lewis was enrolled in the Cornell-Grossman Rehabilitation Center in Leavenworth, Kan., where he was going through a residential re-entry program, a stipulation of his release. In November, he signed out of the facility and never returned, according to records.

He was arrested less than a month later on accusations of removing a theft-detection device from an iPod at a Nebraska Furniture Mart store in Kansas City, Kan., according to police records. After complaining of having a dislocated shoulder, Lewis was taken to Kansas University Medical Center, where he escaped police custody, a police report says.
The next day, after learning that Lewis had left the rehabilitation center, the Western District Court of Missouri issued a warrant for his arrest. Lewis was arrested on the warrant in Perry, Okla., on Nov. 24, 2008.

In February of 2011, he was arrested in a theft in Northwest Arkansas, records there show.

On Nov. 21, 2011, Lewis was sentenced to six years in prison for theft of property and theft by receiving, but he was paroled in August 2013. No additional brushes with the law were found in court and police records until his arrest Monday.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/02/inquiry-continues-into-realtor-death-20/

Thank you! ---"where he escaped police custody". This fits what I'd said back with the car accident / hospital trip, the whole crash used as a ploy to lose the police tail he knew he then had. He likes to use that HIIPA hospital out. He knows how to use it as a workaround ....when he feels he has no other escape route. What a cunning critter he is!!

Here's a little bit on confirmation

When Little Rock police arrested Lewis on Monday, a dump truck belonging to Argos Southern Star Concrete Co., a multinational concrete and cement manufacturer and distributor with 10 locations throughout Arkansas, was found in the vicinity.

Investigators said Tuesday that the truck was a "contributing factor" in finding Carter's body in a shallow grave behind Argos Southern Star Concrete at 12117 Arkansas 5 in Cabot early Tuesday.

Mark Prybylski, legal counsel for Argos USA in Houston, Texas, said Lewis was hired as a driver for the company in mid-July but was terminated in mid- to late August. Prybylski did not say why Lewis was terminated.

As a truck driver for the company, Prybylski said, Lewis would likely have traveled to and from any number of the company's nine ready-mix plants and single cement terminal. Argos' corporate website lists Southern Star as a ready-mix plant.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/02/inquiry-continues-into-realtor-death-20/

snipped by me...

I think the opinion here is largely that someone who shows a life pattern of making self indulgent and reckless choices implies that their personal moral compass may be off and their respect for the welfare of others appears to be greatly .... diminished.

I think this is where I fundamentally disagree and no disrespect intended. This is my opinion only.

"Self indulgent and reckless choices" to me don't have anything to do with one's "moral compass" or "respect for the welfare of others". And I am speaking from personal experience. As I have said before, I can very much relate to CL.

That said, I know they will use this against her in court to demonstrate character. And I do see how this thinking could have eventually led to her participating in this crime. But again, I think her involvement would have come from "self-indulgent or reckless choices" rather than nefarious disregard for BC's life. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you! ---"where he escaped police custody". This fits what I'd said back with the car accident / hospital trip, the whole crash used as a ploy to lose the police tail he knew he then had. He likes to use that HIIPA hospital out. He knows how to use it as a workaround ....when he feels he has no other escape route. What a cunning critter he is!!

I agree, make me wonder if he "popped his shoulder" out on purpose this time thinking he could pull another escape.. jmo

Please Everyone,

If you are going to discuss a fact you can't throw it out there without backup.

You can't say, "I can't remember where I read this but it seems that Yada Yada Yada."

Come on I know you all know better.

Please try and keep the work for the moderators down to a minimum OK?

Tricia

snipped by me...

I think this is where I fundamentally disagree and no disrespect intended. This is my opinion only.

"Self indulgent and reckless choices" to me don't have anything to do with one's "moral compass" or "respect for the welfare of others". And I am speaking from personal experience. As I have said before, I can very much relate to CL.

That said, I know they will use this against her in court to demonstrate character. And I do see how this thinking could have eventually led to her participating in this crime. But again, I think her involvement would have come from "self-indulgent or reckless choices" rather than nefarious disregard for BC's life. Hopefully that makes sense.

No disrespect taken. I'm good with differing opinions! :) I'm sure we're all guilty of those rash bad moves at some point in life where we later look back and ask ourselves "Wow...What was I thinking??" and usually realize we weren't...thinking that is. If it persists and becomes a PATTERN, well into adulthood and after we've progressed to parenting and other adult-like activities...there is cause for concern because we start impacting innocent people. Destructive patterns, like anything with momentum, seem to either get stopped in their tracks - or grow and become more destructive. AL is a good example of that. Guess we shall see, in any case!

I know that this is not going to be a popular opinion here but I feel it needs to be said anyway.

I don't read too much into the superman stunt video or Halloween photos with regard to CL's character. Like many of you have said, this is very immature behavior. CL is a 40-something year old mother who was married and had kids really early. As a result, she probably feels like she "missed out" on some of her "party years". She probably missed out on college dorm life and probably didn't participate in other 20-something ridiculousness because she was too busy being a wife and a mom... or trying to at least. If that is the case, then it doesn't surprise me at all that she would engage in reckless, dangerous and juvenile behavior. I don't understand the psychology behind it but I know it happens... ALOT. It still isn't evidence that she is guilty of capital murder...yet.

Popular opinion or not - I agree. If immature behavior proves someone is guilty or even capable of capitol murder, I would, IMO, be able to make a long list of craz-o murderers.

Speaking of patterns, seems AL seemed to have patterns in dealing with the legal system. Maybe he tries something that works and puts it in his bag of tricks for another time.

I kind of think that a lot of what happened was acting on impulse. Just wonder if an idea popped up about kidnapping a rich realtor and they just ran with the idea. Just look at what AL did. Stole a truck from a former employer, discarded the body at a former work site. Beverlys phone taken to their home. Not alot seemed thought out or planned very well. Kind of think he just acts then plans as he goes.

Well, I looked on OK court docs and found nothing for AL, but tons of Aaron Lewis'. Arrested in Perry, OK on a MO warrant? Sheesh. This cat covered some territory! KS, UT, AR, OK, MO, etc.
http://www1.odcr.com/
Link to OK court docs online

Does anyone have the mental evaluation court docket for AL handy, please?

He has been ordered to undergo counseling for drug abuse and mental health before, court records show. The psychological counseling was a requirement of his 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...test-20141204/

Al isnt a stranger to the psychological evaluation. Any thoughts why he doesn't want to have one even if there is a chance his attorney could use something in his defense?

He has been ordered to undergo counseling for drug abuse and mental health before, court records show. The psychological counseling was a requirement of his 2007 conviction for a federal probation violation.

Al isnt a stranger to the psychological evaluation. Any thoughts why he doesn't want to have one even if there is a chance his attorney could use something in his defense?
=======================

Maybe part of Al's game to delay everything-- slow motion so to speak...

Druggy people don't want others to know they're druggy.
Liars don't want others to know they're lying. Crazy people dang sure don't think they're crazy and don't want evaluated.

=======================

Maybe part of Al's game to delay everything-- slow motion so to speak...

I never thought about delay. Makes sense. If I were up on those charges and my attorney hinted I was crazy Id be hollowering. Yes. See. Cray Cray. Id run with it and hope something stuck.

I never thought about delay. Makes sense. If I were up on those charges and my attorney hinted I was crazy Id be hollowering. Yes. See. Cray Cray. Id run with it and hope something stuck.

That has me so confused. He is using that defense to get out of this, so how could he figure that he wouldn't have to have that proven to be true or untrue.

AL History repeating himself

Complaint against deputies and jail staff members
Pieces of Lewis’ past can be stitched together from information in his court records, including how many states he’s lived in — at least four, if counting rehabilitation centers as residences — and his knowledge of the penal system, which was extensive enough to hand-write a legal complaint from his Benton County jail cell against eight deputies and jail staff members in 2011. That lawsuit was dismissed after the parties reached a settlement to award Lewis $59,000.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

Shoulder dislocated
After complaining of having a dislocated shoulder, Lewis was taken to Kansas University Medical Center, where he escaped police custody, a police report says. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2014/oct/02/inquiry-continues-into-realtor-death-20/

does anyone have handy the link to AL Federal Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member