GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't confirm that one way or the other.

Thanks, that's interesting since, IIRC, VI-1 seemed to think you were aware that the extortion call came from CL's phone number. I think at this point it should be looked at as hearsay unless there's independent confirmation. Seems all around that the phones will hold a big key to much of the evidence in the case, so it's important we don't jump to conclusions about them based on the one previous VI opinion alone.

What stood out to me is during the crime timeline, a supposed friend was involved. Guess who will be called? The friend. If he didnt take the phone, is this friend willing to testify under oath that he didnt? Whoever this friend is its evident they will be called to testify.This continues to get more interesting. jmo.

Would that be the ex-boyfriend she spent the weekend with?

Thanks, that's interesting since, IIRC, VI-1 seemed to think you were aware that the extortion call came from CL's phone number. I think at this point it should be looked at as hearsay unless there's independent confirmation. Seems all around that the phones will hold a big key to much of the evidence in the case, so it's important we don't jump to conclusions about them based on the one previous VI opinion alone.

He was not using her phone to call me. Not any number that I knew she had. It was not a number I recognize.

He was not using her phone to call me. Not any number that I knew she had. It was not a number I recognize.

Wow. So that is different from what we heard repeatedly. And significant IMO. Thanks again for the clarification.
When I have time I'll go back to link to the posts that told us that info --because mods like links! But I'm trying to finish some work right now.

Didn't take long! Here is one post.

From thread #5 - post 154: BBM

He thought the ex would give him $5000 to talk about it. The ex and CL have been back and forth on custody of the children since their divorce. The ex was almost 2 years behind on child support (this can be confirmed by looking at their public records in their divorce case at pulaski county clerk site so I don't feel this is bashing those who are not charged with anything). AL thought that the ex would pay him $5000 to testify that CL was a prostitute so the ex could gain custody. I'm sure that when the court date arrived AL would not have testified. It was just a scam I'm sure. The ex did not take the bait but then used that information in his recent change of custody paperwork.

I do not for one minute believe she was really a prostitute. Just a scam AL came up with because at the time CL was kicking him out of the house. He actually used CL's phone to call the ex husband to make the demand for the $5000

Wow. So that is different from what we heard repeatedly. And significant IMO. Thanks again for the clarification.
When I have time I'll go back to link to the posts that told us that info --because mods like links! But I'm trying to finish some work right now.

I think that was CL story from the beginning to set the stage because she knew some pings would surface in the investigation . Her and AL probably already had some stories between the two of them in case they got caught. jmo.

In hindsight, transfer dna and how quick texts leave the server was discussed alot. Those seemed to be some CL concerns. What you want to bet that there is DNA evidence too?jmo

VI -1 said she had "another " cell phone. The one she went to when LE confiscated her primary phone.

The second cell phone was not serviced. When her first one was taken by police, she re-activated an old phone. Point being, the pings from her phone would be on whatever phone she had active. SO, even if Arron took her phone, then she reactivated an older phone, the pings would still be with her!!! No way she could receive texts telling her to come to the hospital on a phone that wasn't pinging. She clearly had an active phone with her. See! Only people that can get away with crimes these days will be like my mom- an old rotary phone at home and that's it! Everyone else is too tech obsessed and connected (obviously me, too, since I am currently on the internet typing on a computer).

Can anyone remind me of the timeframe of the extortion attempt on tkl? How long before BCs murder? Remember me saying that just because the police took one phone, it did not mean she didn't have another?

Edit to clarify....i mean a second working activated phone.

In hindsight, transfer dna and how quick texts leave the server was discussed alot. Those seemed to be some CL concerns. What you want to bet that there is DNA evidence too?jmo

Tranfer DNA. hahahaha. I forgot about that discussion. :notgood::notgood:

My Opinion Only: AL is going to do what he always does, scam, scam and scam some more. He's so arrogant and nuts he thinks he'll get CL off too. He has too. Both are charged with the same crimes and he's playing the system and her like a violin. CL may be doing the same. Bonnie and Clyde. The supposed time-line for CL is highly suspicious to me. Chivalry is not in AL's vocabulary. In is mind, both have to be found not guilty. What a mess.

My Opinion Only: AL is going to do what he always does, scam, scam and scam some more. He's so arrogant and nuts he thinks he'll get CL off too. He has too. Both are charged with the same crimes and he's playing the system and her like a violin. CL may be doing the same. Bonnie and Clyde. The supposed time-line for CL is highly suspicious to me. Chivalry is not in AL's vocabulary. In is mind, both have to be found not guilty. What a mess.

This appears to be the first crime she was involved in. Only she knows her involvement and what she may have left behind. She knew they would probably come after her next. She knew she needed an alibi. She was probably freaking out discovering LE can trace your pings, DNA test and retrieve your texts. She probably felt safe thinking it would disappear after a couple of days from the server.(Wrong. LE has retrieval tools. ) And DNA could be explained away as "transfer." Wrong. (Not all of it.) After it went on a month she was probably feeling pretty safe from being arrested. I believe there is alot more to come out. They are just getting started on discovery. Just knowing BC phone was found in the home and BC was dumped like trash at a former work site tells me that this was done very sloppy with alot of evidence strung all over the place. jmo.

BBM

Absolutely agree.

If LE was waiting on DNA results it fits the timeline of when CL was arrested. MOO

This appears to be the first crime she was involved in. Only she knows her involvement and what she may have left behind. She knew they would probably come after her next. She knew she needed an alibi. She was probably freaking out discovering LE can trace your pings, DNA test and retrieve your texts. She probably felt safe thinking it would disappear after a couple of days from the server.(Wrong. LE has retrieval tools. ) And DNA could be explained away as "transfer." Wrong. (Not all of it.) After it went on a month she was probably feeling pretty safe from being arrested. I believe there is alot more to come out. They are just getting started on discovery. Just knowing BC phone was found in the home and BC was dumped like trash at a former work site tells me that this was done very sloppy with alot of evidence strung all over the place. jmo.

BBM MOO I have a feeling this was probably the first time she was arrested for a crime she was involved in.

I agree with the rest of your post. I also think that her internet searches after the crime might prove to be very interesting.

Obviously there was incriminating texts they got on her. Not just "Honey. Im home." jmo

I think CL was good at playing people. Tell them what they want to believe, become the poor victim and get them to do things for you. jmo

I thought then, and even more so now, that most of those posts were for future damage-control.

Or as I postulated earlier, to introduce (lots of) reasonable doubt. Same result. The whole phone subject is fascinating, from the first call or email setting the appointment through to the confiscation. There will be a lot of phone evidence I think.

Can anyone remind me of the timeframe of the extortion attempt on tkl? How long before BCs murder? Remember me saying that just because the police took one phone, it did not mean she didn't have another?

Edit to clarify....i mean a second working activated phone.

VI-1 told us initially it was in January then said that was a mistake and it was in June or July. He got the job 3rd week of July and was fired mid to latter August.

Oh! Looking at my timeline I just noticed that his Realtor on the other property, the double wide he bought with the $17k, said that he sold it in FEB 2014, not NOV 2013 as I had thought. So that means he probably got a bit over what he paid, he didn't have a mortgage so he must've walked away in early 2014 with around 20k cash to flash around. (people were wondering where they got the money to live on) and we have seen evidence of them as a couple on the Site That Shall Not Be Mentioned (STSNBM) ;) in January 2014. Wonder if he sold that place right after meeting her to move in to her home?

So he probably did use whatever remained of that cash to draw CL in and entice her. That and his impressive Suoerman stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz