GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we know now for sure that both their phones must have pinged in the same place. Most likely so was BC. jmo.

Yeah, I agree. Especially since they took so long to arrest her. I can *maybe* see arresting her right way for the texts and pings (i can't imagine it would take long to get that info...they had it from the beginning, I'm sure) and then dropping or lowering the charges as facts came to light, but they did just the opposite. That would cause one to believe that there is more that just those two things. There would almost have to be.

The way I understand it all discovery isnt released at one time. So they may get it in stages before the trial. What was the point in sealing records when AL just going to tell us anyway. jmo.

I absolutely think it was information for her to corroborate a fake story!

Absolutely!! He is not trying to save Crystal's butt, far from it. I'll bet his "suggestions for the divorce" include dropping the filing until after "their" trial for Beverly's murder. They cannot be compelled to testify against each other as long as they are still married.

Self-serving so and so!!!

I was assuming that meant the ex boyfriend she supposedly was staying with. I would guess he'd fully expected to be called.

ETA: Of course I am only assuming that if anything he's saying has any truth to it. Who knows, really.

Didn't the former VI state that the ex-boyfriend was kinda mad because he had been drug into all this? I would say he's going to find himself on the witness stand before this is over.

He's probably wondering why the h*ll he answered the phone that day! LOL

He does sound like he's trying to get CL off the hook, which almost vaguely makes it look like he has developed a conscience and doesn't want her to get taken down too.... But no, that isn't likely. More probable that there is some end result of getting her sentence reduced that MIGHT benefit his case-especially if he can get her off. From AL's POV she may be his only way out, or towards reasonable doubt, at this point. Oh I rhymed... ;) Now I really am working!

If she gave her phone to him, how were they texting?

Just trying to stay open minded and fair here......I think he had a habit of just taking her phone, especially when they were fighting. In other words, I'm pretty sure he didn't always ask to take it.

edit to add: Just for clarification...how were they texting when?

He does sound like he's trying to get CL off the hook, which almost vaguely makes it look like he has developed a conscience and doesn't want her to get taken down too.... But no, that isn't likely. More probable that there is some end result of getting her sentence reduced that MIGHT benefit his case-especially if he can get her off. From AL's POV she may be his only way out, or towards reasonable doubt, at this point. Oh I rhymed... ;) Now I really am working!

Hoping she doesn't take a plea deal and roll on him? He is desperate to stay on a good side of her for some reason. jmo.

Didn't the former VI state that the ex-boyfriend was kinda mad because he had been drug into all this? I would say he's going to find himself on the witness stand before this is over.

He's probably wondering why the h*ll he answered the phone that day! LOL

No doubt he regrets it and my guess is thats when the alibi starts falling apart. jmo

Reminder that our only information (that I'm aware of) that AL took CLs phone frequently - comes from VI-1 at this point. Unless VI-3 wants to confirm that one. I haven't seen any other corroboration on that. But it wouldn't be surprising. He seemed to have a pesky habit of picking up lots of people's electronic devices and then using them as his own.... including his own mother's laptop! Sticky fingered as he is.

Just trying to stay open minded and fair here......I think he had a habit of just taking her phone, especially when they were fighting. In other words, I'm pretty sure he didn't always ask to take it.

edit to add: Just for clarification...how were they texting when?

My guess that the ping, texting and what ever else they have are during the timeframe listed on the arrest warrant. Without going to hunt for it wasnt it Thursday night through Friday morning? (25-26 IIRC.)jmo

I wonder if anybody will tell AL that his motions are ending up on the internet.

If I were betting money Id bet that the letter was a "This is our story and we are sticking to it" letter. To me this will do more hard than good. More of a CYA letter. It will probably be taken into evidence. jmo

Who determines if they will be tried together or separately? The state? Isn't this risky the lawyers working together before that decision is made?

Reminder that our only information (that I'm aware of) that AL took CLs phone frequently - comes from VI-1 at this point. Unless VI-3 wants to confirm that one. I haven't seen any other corroboration on that. But it wouldn't be surprising. He seemed to have a pesky habit of picking up lots of people's electronic devices and then using them as his own.... including his own mother's laptop! Sticky fingered as he is.
I can't confirm that one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl