GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal opinion is that he was going to lie, lie, lie and deny, deny, deny until faced with some type of irrefutable proof that he had crossed paths with her.

They had to have showed him something he couldn't squirm out of and I think that's when he quickly came up with the haven't seen her in two days and his co-defendant "T" story. He decided to just throw T under the bus and lie and deny some more. This is probably what caused the check the sheds request. Just in case what he was saying happened to be true and T had her hidden away somewhere.

Only later after they found her, etc. and he had some time to really think about it did he come up with the she went willingly story.

Once again....a lying liar that lies.

https://m.facebook.com/kenbuffanewsreporter

I can't figure out how to get the link to the video of parts of Beverly's funeral on Ken Buffa's FB. But the video is absolutely heartbreaking...here are the lyrics to the song being sung on the video posted Oct 4, by Ken Buffa. I think they couldn't have picked a better song for Beverly!!! Pass the kleenex, please!

"She Loved"
Someone once asked
If only you knew
How short life would be
What would you do?
What would they say
When God called you home?
What would they engrave
Once you were gone?

I hope they would see
What I've done in my life
Who I've cared for
And how I survived
I hope they'd say

Chorus:
She loved more than anything else
She loved with all of her heart
She loved everyone she believed in
She loved...oh she loved

She loved the Lord
And served all her life
A sacrificial mother
And an honorable wife
She gave all she had
And through every trial
Made life much sweeter
Because of her smile

Everyone will see
What she's done in her life
Who she cared for
And how she survived
I'm sure they'd say

Chorus:
She loved more than anything else
She loved with all of her heart
She loved everyone she believed in
She loved...oh she loved

She loved...everyone she believed in
She loved..oh she loved
Oh...she loved
ETA: link to song on youtube
Watch "She Loved [Live]" on YouTube
She Loved [Live]: http://youtu.be/W09t7xt9OUE

Has it ever been discussed if LE was following CL during the same time frame that they were following AL? Or do any of our VI's know?

This website has some informative information:

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/criminal-law-crime-definition-faqs.html

Q: Can an event be both a criminal and civil offense?

A: Yes. Depending on the circumstances, a single event may be tried in both courts. For example, a defendant may be tried in criminal court for murder, and later that same defendant may be sued in civil court by the victim's family for wrongful death.

Q: Can being present at the scene of a crime make you guilty?

A: In most states, juries are instructed that merely being present at the scene of a crime, even with guilty knowledge that a crime is being committed, isn't enough to convict a person of a crime.
But there are principles of criminal liability that apply to people other than the person who actually committed*a crime. For example, under federal law there is a crime called "misprision" of a felony, which applies to a person who has actual knowledge of the commission of a felony and doesn't report it to the authorities.
Also, under federal and most state*laws, a person can be held criminally liable as an "accessory after the fact" if she has knowledge that a crime was committed and assists the offender to hinder his apprehension, trial or punishment. You can also be guilty of aiding and abetting*a crime if you help another person in committing the crime, with knowledge of the criminal nature of the act they're committing.
Additionally, a person who agrees with another person to commit a crime, after which the other person commits a criminal act to further their agreement, may be guilty of conspiracy.
But merely witnessing a crime, without any participation in it and without providing assistance, isn't a crime.

Q: What constitutes "aiding and abetting?"

A: Aiding and abetting is a theory of criminal liability under federal and most state laws. You can be guilty of a crime either as a principal perpetrator - the "main" actor - or as an aider and abettor.
Aiding and abetting applies to someone who assists or helps one or more other people commit a crime.*To be held accountable as an aider and abettor, you must know of the criminal objective and do something to make it succeed. For example, if you drive your friend to a meeting where you know your friend is going to buy drugs, you may be an aider and abettor in the drug transaction.
The key here is knowledge. While the level of participation of the aider and abettor may be relatively minor, the prosecution must show more than presence in a vehicle carrying drugs or association with conspirators known to be involved in a crime.
In other words, mere presence at the scene of a crime, even with guilty knowledge that a crime is being committed, isn't enough to make you liable for the crime itself, unless and until you do something to help the crime succeed.
Under federal law, the punishment for someone who aids and abets a crime is the same as the punishment for the person who principally committed the crime. In some states, the punishment may be less.
Q: What exactly is the felony murder law?

A: Felony murder means that all persons engaged in a felony are liable for murder if one of them kills a person during the crime.

For example, if A and B rob a bank and as they're escaping B shoots and kills a bank employee, even by accident, both A and B may be charged with murder unfer the felony murder rule.

It is possible that a "burner phone" was used by AL and/or CL. A burner phone may have been the phone that was used to set-up the meeting to view the real estate property. A burner phone may have been the phone reactivated after CL allegedly turned her phone over willingly to LE. And IF LE had access and retrieved the burner phone then obviously they have all the information on it too. Now if a burner phone was used and later disposed of before LE gained access to it, then of course that's a whole different story.

Hopefully, IF AL gains any type of financial gains from his lawsuits he is filing, and if Beverly's family files a "wrongful death suit" that those funds would then go to them. I don't know how that would work. I am just thinking out loud.

Has it ever been discussed if LE was following CL during the same time frame that they were following AL? Or do any of our VI's know?

If she was a suspect from the beginning and they were tailing AL (as we know to be true) then I would be completely shocked to find out that they weren't tailing her, too. (But she may not have even known they were.) MOO

True....but they didn't make the check the sheds request until very late. I just found this tweet.

Mark Moseley (@KARKMark) tweeted at 12:17am - 30 Sep 14:

BREAKING: Pulaski Co. authorities urge homeowners to check sheds/outbuildings for any sign of tampering re: Beverly Carter disappearance (https://twitter.com/KARKMark/status/516819140720750592?s=17)

This was at 12:17 am. We now know they found her body very shortly after.

Was the above video (the one where he's waving) taken before or after the check the sheds request?

It was after.

It is possible that a "burner phone" was used by AL and/or CL. A burner phone may have been the phone that was used to set-up the meeting to view the real estate property. A burner phone may have been the phone reactivated after CL allegedly turned her phone over willingly to LE. And IF LE had access and retrieved the burner phone then obviously they have all the information on it too. Now if a burner phone was used and later disposed of before LE gained access to it, then of course that's a whole different story.

I believe that we will find out that a burner phone was used to make the appt with Beverly.

I believe that we will find out that a burner phone was used to make the appt with Beverly.

Beaglebird posted the BEST news article here in post #979. It states the appointment was made a couple of days earlier and the phone number and names were fake. I'm not sure if they used a burner phone or just gave her false info. Either way, I think it is pretty clear that this was planned and they knew it was going to be her. It was in her appointment book!:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

There is no telling what he lied or told the truth about on that tour. My guess is he lied through all teeth until they got back from the tour and had phone pings and other info off his phone and showed them to him---then confessed to kidnapping, then they found her body, then the murder charges!

I bet that 3 county tour was areas of the pings. I remb seeing IIRC it was on FH? Pictures someone took of lots of police cars at the Jacksonville Argos plant. He looked dazed or high... something off about him in that first video. That's why I was saying threads back wonder if he did have some sort of concussion. Not a medical professional, but hitting his head in the car wreck, I wouldn't be surprised. I know when my kids were small Dr would say watch for x amount of time. He could have been coming down from a high, lack of sleep who knows. But look at his eyes compared to the other and his demeanor. Also, if he did bury her after his wreck...he probably really left some evidence behind.

Wonder what the Robbery charge stemmed from? The Captain at the Press conf on 9/30 2pm said when asked by reporter re motive... Robbery.. (iirc) AL was charged with the Robbery at the same time as the Capital Murder, 530am on 9/30. The guns charge (on the Formal charges paperwork has gun chg as 9/28) CL theft by receiving charge is 9/29.

I bet that 3 county tour was areas of the pings. I remb seeing IIRC it was on FH? Pictures someone took of lots of police cars at the Jacksonville Argos plant.

Yes, I remember that. They were searching the plant on Redmond Road in Jacksonville. Brings me back to thinking maybe something they found in the argos dumptruck caused them to search all the argo locations?

Beaglebird posted the BEST news article here in post #979. It states the appointment was made a couple of days earlier and the phone number and names were fake. I'm not sure if they used a burner phone or just gave her false info. Either way, I think it is pretty clear that this was planned and they knew it was going to be her. It was in her appointment book!:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-realtor-3-ARREST!&p=11054346#post11054346

Thanks for that link. I had never read that. It was a great article.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/11/26/arron-lewis-and-wife-charged-with-capital-murder-in-realtor-death/

According to the document listing the charges against Lewis and Lowery, the two are accused of kidnapping Carter “for ransom or reward… with the purpose of terrorizing her or another person.” The documents state that “in the course of and in the furtherance of the felony, or in immediate flight therefrom, [the suspects] or an accomplice caused the death of Beverly Carter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl