GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious as to what role a person's background history etc could play into the picture when charged with Capital murder and I ran across this which does mention it:

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-1/chapter-4/subchapter-6/5-4-602

(ii) However, mitigating circumstance evidence shall be relevant to the issue of punishment, including, but not limited to, the nature and circumstances of the crime, and the defendant's character, background, history, and mental and physical condition as set forth in 5-4-605.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204672840651561&set=p.10204672840651561&type=1
Arron Lewis shared this news article on his FB February 18th

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/2474...ing-tells-newspaper-ive-killed-lots-of-others
^^^this is the actual article he shared on his FB

Strange!!??!!

I remember that and it was sort of brushed to the side....sort of like the Memphis CL ad requesting sex with a realtor (or someone willing to pose as a realtor) showing a house. Although, knowing what we now know.........hmmm.

I remember that and it was sort of brushed to the side....sort of like the Memphis CL ad requesting sex with a realtor (or someone willing to pose as a realtor) showing a house. Although, knowing what we now know.........hmmm.

I found the original CraigsList ad and it was reported to LE and investigated. The guy was cleared. He just had a sexual scenario he wanted to explore and it was (unfortunately for him) purely coincidental and just bad timing.

I'm still not sure as to when she re-activated another phone but IF that is the case, then a person would think LE would have taken possession of any and all cell phones in AL and CL's possession as well as computers and I-pads (if applicable). One also has to wonder who else's phones may have been reviewed by LE/investigators, such as anybody who may have provided alibis as to her whereabouts, etc. If any of this applies, I don't know, I am just putting out my guesses as to what all LE may obtained to be used towards filing the charges, issuing arrest warrants, etc.

ETA: We also (IMO) have to keep in mind that CL wasn't arrested until approximately a month after AL was. So what all was LE also gathering during that month since AL had been arrested. For all we know, LE may have had their reasons why she wasn't arrested till a month later. Remember the old saying, if you give a person enough rope, they will eventually hang themselves...

IIRC, VI said she had an old phone that was activated "with the same #". when the police kept her original phone. That means that LE had the first phone and could monitor activity because they were the same account. At Christmas, my niece got a new phone. Her Mom bought it a month prior and activated it to the same # so that it would work on Christmas morning when she opened it. This meant she could look at texts, calls, etc. on the new phone and see what niece was doing on the old phone. We laughed about her being able to monitor her 16 year old niece if she kept the old phone.

I wonder if the email privileges are for all inmates? AL is in max security. Hopefully he's not allowed Internet or email access!! I don't think he'd be burning up his few dollars on stamps and paper if he had email. LOL

Maybe he is one of the guests lurking on this Websleuth page! On second thought, I doubt he could keep quiet this long:tantrum:

I found the original CL ad and it was reported to LE and investigated. The guy was cleared. He just had a sexual scenario he wanted to explore and it was (unfortunately for him) purely coincidental and just bad timing.

Now I am getting confused because CL could be one of two things on this thread. :gaah::facepalm: LOL I've been here too long.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/prison-telecommunication3.htm
Cell Phones in Prison: Contraband
Another way for inmates to dodge prison eavesdropping is to gain their own phones. Prison authorities have found it's surprisingly easy for prison inmates to get their hands on working cell phones (with chargers to boot). One tipoff came from an inmate's mother who wrote to a warden in a Texas prison complaining that her son's cell phone reception was bad [source: Butterfield].

Cell phone accessibility has become a serious problem for prisons -- in addition to the crimes that inmates are known to commit over the phone. Gangs can organize themselves far more easily when members in prison have cell phones. For example, in 2006, incarcerated gang leaders in Brazil orchestrated large, synchronized riots using their cell phones, reportedly in order to prove their influence even behind bars [source: Reel]. The gang caused uprisings in more than 70 prisons, and meanwhile, members outside of the prison caused riots and wreaked havoc on public busses and police stations. Gangs transcend prison bars in the U.S., too, where gang leaders have been able to wield their power from inside prison walls -- even ordering gang murders [source: Dolan].
So, how do inmates get their hands on cell phones? Apparently, visitors and corrupt prison guards have been known to furnish these phones to inmates.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/17/tabletsforinmates/2651727/
As of August 2013 6 states were allowing prisoners to purchase tablets. Eventually, this will probably be the norm.jmo

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/internet-access-prisoners_739266.html
Current rules permit all federal inmates and most state prisoners to send and receive emails through special, monitored systems. Starting late last year, some federal prisons began allowing inmates to buy MP3 music players and download songs to fill them. These systems​—​financed entirely by charging inmates per message and per song​—​work better than what they replaced. Unlike physical mail, email can’t be used to smuggle contraband. It also can be monitored automatically and doesn’t require staff time to distribute. The electronic alternatives also appear to be more secure. There are dozens of cases of inmates running criminal operations by phone or mail, but thus far, no documented cases involving email since the U.S. Bureau of Prisons began its pilot program eight years ago.

Just was curious how all this technology is playing out in prisons.

It was on the tv show Orange is the New Black. She had a phone hidden in the tile of the bathroom stall! :blushing:

I found the original CraigsList ad and it was reported to LE and investigated. The guy was cleared. He just had a sexual scenario he wanted to explore and it was (unfortunately for him) purely coincidental and just bad timing.
=========================
Could you tell me when & where it was announced the guy was cleared ?? or just rumor?? Thanks

Posted by Beaglebrd on 10-6-14 in forum #3, page 5. I also had separate folks contact LE and they said it was unrelated:

Some friends of mine contacted the guy through the ad and police were involved. It was determined positively NOT to be AL on the Craigslist in Memphis looking to hook up with a Realtor. I can't prove it to you all, but that's is what I was told directly by two of the people involved who followed up with the Craigslist thing. We are all in either Little Rock or surrounding cities ... me and the people who did this.

Thanks- I knew the ad was being investigated but had not heard the outcome!

But, to play devil's advocate, it's not beyond LE to play their cards close to the vest and divert attention from a possible valuable clue. MOO, of course!

It was on the tv show Orange is the New Black. She had a phone hidden in the tile of the bathroom stall! :blushing:

If CL has a cell phone...I wish she would use it. The price of calls from jail is a crime.

If CL has a cell phone...I wish she would use it. The price of calls from jail is a crime.
======

It is a crying shame how much the phone charges are- victimizing family members with those charges - then you have the prisoners who call constantly not caring that the calls are a hardship- plus asking for money on their books & magazines etc.- Families can also subscribe inmates to newspapers ... It is a huge expense to have family in jail..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paladin1166