GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in every news article I see they JUST show Arron's face and not Crystal's as well,
and say, the accused killer.... Then they'll say...."his estranged wife was charged with the exaxt same charges", later in the article........... She is charged with the same charges, so they should be treated the same right? Help me understand this...

Why in every news article I see they JUST show Arron's face and not Crystal's as well,
and say, the accused killer.... Then they'll say...."his estranged wife was charged with the exaxt same charges", later in the article........... She is charged with the same charges, so they should be treated the same right? Help me understand this...
This whole case is turning out to be bizarre. This is just my opinion but maybe it is because there has not been a single bit of evidence leaked about CL. Not one. AL admitted to kidnapping. He alluded to her dying by accident, and his panicking in his tv interview. He has repeatedly said CL is innocent and to my knowledge, there has been no connection laid out, as to what role they believe CL played in this. Again JMHO

AL's attorney was bragging on how smart AL was in his interview. Said he would offer AL his services and talked about how headstrong AL is - that he wanted things his way! Like the old saying goes "Anyone who represents himself himself in court has a fool for a client and an *advertiser censored* for an attorney." He's going to the book thrown at him so hard, it will knock him out! Bring it on!

AL's attorney was bragging on how smart AL was in his interview. Said he would offer AL his services and talked about how headstrong AL is - that he wanted things his way! Like the old saying goes "Anyone who represents himself himself in court has a fool for a client and an *advertiser censored* for an attorney." He's going to the book thrown at him so hard, it will knock him out! Bring it on!

I saw that. I think Hensley goes for that type of Client. He likes publicity too.. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/05/us/05recruit.html?_r=0

Mr. Muhammad, also known as Carlos Bledsoe, has been charged with killing Pvt. William Long and wounding Pvt. Quinton Ezeagwula as they stood outside an Army recruiting station in Little Rock on Monday. Private Ezeagwula was released from the hospital on Thursday

Hensley wasn't the attorney when finally got to trial there either tho.

ETA: Arron Lewis not the only nut case in prison, filing papers. ^^^ took a plea deal. Life With Out Parole. Was given LWOP + 11 more LWOP + 180 yrs. 996 yrs iirc. BUT lol, he filed last yr trying to say it illegal, he should only have 1 life sentence :jail: https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=IOAK5LVVRQNV97NEHC2BU0ND819G6K

Muhammad, per the denial motion from Judge Wright stated that Def plead guilty and then thought he was going to get out! (paraphrasing) So this is just common jail house mess. https://contexte.aoc.arkansas.gov/i...resent2?DMS_ID=5QD0QOXZTPV4Y31WFEQTIAXDUZXUXW

So, I've finally seen some video from yesterday. If you watch, you can see a barely perceptible smile come across AL's face as he comes around the corner and sees all the cameras. He is eating this up with a spoon and every time I see that damn smirk, I want to slap it clean off his face!

There was one I saw of CL crying. There was another reporter (i guess from another channel/paper/blog?) with a camera phone in her face and asking questions. CL was shaking her head no and fighting back tears. Does anyone know what the camera phone reporter was asking?

If they have a prosecutor half as good as Juan Martinez he will eat AL alive. He could actually make things worse for CL. Also, he may be able to write motions and thinks he is smarter than an attorney but what does he know about forensics and all the technology data that will be brought out in court? Let him go hang himself. Im sure that stuff will come out that will affect both cases so bring it on AL.

I'll preface my comment by saying I am so sick and tired of the whole Jodi Arias thing that it may have colored my opinion.

JMO - if Juan Martinez was so good, wouldn't that case have been over and done years ago?

I don't follow the case, but I see comments now and then about how terrible the defense attorneys are, how much evidence there is and how fantastic the prosecution is. Assuming all are true (and I have no reason to doubt,) why is this case still going on after approx 7 years?

Anyway, IMO, AL knows he's screwed. The trial is just something to help occupy his time and get some special privileges inside.

JMO

Just had a DUH moment. The reason that AL has 4 guards, is most likely because he is a prisoner at Tucker Max. ??

Something interesting, watching this Jodi A, an attorney said, that can happen in the US courts that is unique.. if a jury is hung, a judge has the authority to ask the jury what parts they are hung on, and if it would help if they give the Pros and Def attorneys 10 min each to speak on that.

In this case (JA) the family is who pushed for this DP. They are saying the people who are charged in these type cases, don't have the best judgment and understanding of what's going on and law. That it causes a lot of strain between client and attorney.

Yep, AL has not a clue...

Several things I have thought about, AL now representing himself. The DA said this would have no effect on the Carter family. I don't see how that is possible. With AL doing this, I feel there will be more delays and certainly more time for the family to have to listen to him talk. We know that strange things can happen in trials, so I wonder in his mind, if he thinks he can charm the jury, especially the women.

I have never seen anyone represent themselves, so does this mean he will do everything just like an attorney, and help panel the jury too?

Rule 504. Husband-Wife Privilege.

(a) Definition. A communication is confidential if it is made privately by any person to his or her spouse and is not intended for disclosure to any other person.
(b) General Rule of Privilege. An accused in a criminal proceeding has a privilege to prevent his spouse from testifying as to any confidential communication between the accused and the spouse.
(c) Who May Claim the Privilege. The privilege may be claimed by the accused or by the spouse on behalf of the accused. The authority of the spouse to do so is presumed.
(d) Exceptions. There is no privilege under this rule in a proceeding in which one [1] spouse is charged with a crime against the person or property of (1) the other, (2) a child of either, (3) a person residing in the household of either, or (4) a third person committed in the course of committing a crime against any of them. https://courts.arkansas.gov/rules-and-administrative-orders/arkansas-rules-of-evidence

**Does this mean no spousal privilege?

Several things I have thought about, AL now representing himself. The DA said this would have no effect on the Carter family. I don't see how that is possible. With AL doing this, I feel there will be more delays and certainly more time for the family to have to listen to him talk. We know that strange things can happen in trials, so I wonder in his mind, if he thinks he can charm the jury, especially the women.

I have never seen anyone represent themselves, so does this mean he will do everything just like an attorney, and help panel the jury too?

I don't really know the answer to the jury question, but my SO recently had to testify in federal court (pre-trial hearing) against a former employee who was representing himself. He said it was hilarious because this idiot was questioning my SO and referring to himself in the third person, as if he was the attorney and not himself.

He did not win. He was sentenced to life without parole for sex trafficking minors.

I don't really know the answer to the jury question, but my SO recently had to testify in federal court (pre-trial hearing) against a former employee who was representing himself. He said it was hilarious because this idiot was questioning my SO and referring to himself in the third person, as if he was the attorney and not himself.

He did not win. He was sentenced to life without parole for sex trafficking minors.

Although I sure it did seem odd, but actually he was in the "role" of attorney. Pro Se, defending oneself. And I have been reading this snowy afternoon.. from what I can understand/gather... he and AL for that matter will have to proceed in that manner. They have to do answer/question format, not narrative. (even if they are on witness stand themselves).

Also from diff legal pages I googled, AL will be responsible for everything that his attorney would be responsible for.

Also, I will assume that the Pros will call CL as a witness in AL case. Whether she wants to or not. This case will be interesting on the aspect of how things work. Just my honest opinion only.

This is one of the very few cases I have followed from near beginning. I plan on following it through, but how does that look like, long timers? When the trial happens, I am gathering we don't get to watch it, right? So, how do we know what occurs during the trial? Sorry if this is a silly question. TIA.

Although I sure it did seem odd, but actually he was in the "role" of attorney. Pro Se, defending oneself. And I have been reading this snowy afternoon.. from what I can understand/gather... he and AL for that matter will have to proceed in that manner. They have to do answer/question format, not narrative. (even if they are on witness stand themselves).

Also from diff legal pages I googled, AL will be responsible for everything that his attorney would be responsible for.

Also, I will assume that the Pros will call CL as a witness in AL case. Whether she wants to or not. This case will be interesting on the aspect of how things work. Just my honest opinion only.

You should have seen the Long Island Railroad Killer represent himself. Ron Kubio (some name like that; he used to have an afternoon time slot on CourTV, I think) was his standby counsel. His defense was based on a "black rage" insanity claim, IIRC. It was crazy.

I think a current US Congresswoman was a victim/witness at his trial, too.

This is one of the very few cases I have followed from near beginning. I plan on following it through, but how does that look like, long timers? When the trial happens, I am gathering we don't get to watch it, right? So, how do we know what occurs during the trial? Sorry if this is a silly question. TIA.

I know very little about AR but based on what I've read here, we might only hear whatever is reported by local news and that may only be at noon and evening. Not sure if reporters are allowed to blog or tweet from the courtroom.

Other cases I followed that were not televised, people tweeted about it from courtroom. That's how I kept up and then the news reports after court. (my 2 cents)
Last yr I followed that case in IL Ted Wafer who killed Renisha McBride. The cameras weren't allowed in court room but a feed was set up in a diff room for media and they tweeted from there.

I haven't followed a local case. I have always watched the news on cases in State. So much has evolved with diff cases. I hope they can tweet from courtroom.. I didn't realize that Ted Bundy was first televised trial nationally lol . Caught OJ recaps after work. Read books on other cases. Realize after watching live how much diff it is and how bias media and books are. And then being on a jury. Freak me out, nothing like watching livestream or tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper