Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm searching for missing people with Kim as initials -- so far the only possible I've found is Kathleen Murphy http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murphy_kathleen.html

She fits the size and age, and went missing from Texas in 1976. They think she was taken against her will so that's not a real great match, and I'm not sure about resemblance. (Click attachment to enlarge.)

Who did the recon you attached? I've never seen it before.

Still_Seek_Answers has been sharing them on our page Never Forget Me. She's very determined to give them back their names! Will have to upload the recon you posted

Still_Seek_Answers has been sharing them on our page Never Forget Me. She's very determined to give them back their names! Will have to upload the recon you posted

That's the one Carl did a while back. They're using it on her Doenet page: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/449ufar.html

Five ruleouts on her Namus page now:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Teresa Cupps 1958 Oklahoma
Sandra Fisher 1947 Kentucky
Melanie Flynn 1952 Kentucky
Jamie Grissim 1955 Washington
Margaret Hayes 1954 Indiana

https://identifyus.org/cases/5158

I did that one a few years ago for DoeNetwork. I've revised it several times since then, but DoeNet stopped using my work. They have kept a few of my old images on their pages, but they won't replace them with revisions.

I did that one a few years ago for DoeNetwork. I've revised it several times since then, but DoeNet stopped using my work. They have kept a few of my old images on their pages, but they won't replace them with revisions.

Well that sucks!

This question is mainly for Carl but if anyone else knows the answer please jump in!!
When comparing MPs in range to a specific UID for a possible match: If an MP is in NAMUS with no DNA, no fingerprints, and no dentals, does the NAMUS manager need to be notified; will they themselves catch the lack of DNA eventually and start the process of collecting DNA if possible; or do we need to let them know that none of those things are listed so the MP DNA collection can be started?

This question is mainly for Carl but if anyone else knows the answer please jump in!!
When comparing MPs in range to a specific UID for a possible match: If an MP is in NAMUS with no DNA, no fingerprints, and no dentals, does the NAMUS manager need to be notified; will they themselves catch the lack of DNA eventually and start the process of collecting DNA if possible; or do we need to let them know that none of those things are listed so the MP DNA collection can be started?

Probably not. It depends on the Regional Admin. Some are proactive, and some are not.

But if you feel strongly about a possible match, and there are no identifiers available (or no identifiers common to the MP and UP), you should drop them an e-mail, and be sure to explain thoughtfully and concisely why you think this is a good match. If they agree that it is a good possible match, it may spur them to go out and locate relatives of the MP.

Incidentally, if there is no DNA available on a MP, it would be helpful if you can research the existence of living close relatives, and submit that info to the NamUs RA. This is sometimes more helpful to the RA's than submitting possible matches.

Just a few days ago, one of the RA's asked me if I could find any relatives of a guy missing since 1968. The RA had asked local Law Enforcement to get Family Reference Samples on the MP, and they ignored the requests. So I went into Ancestry, and found that the MP has four still-living siblings. I found the obituary on his recently deceased mother, which included the names of all four siblings. I then went to PeopleFinders and found addresses and phone numbers for all four of them. I also found three of the four in Facebook. The RA called them up and they are agreeing to submit DNA. And BTW, they are very happy to hear that someone is still interested in trying to find their brother who has been missing for 45 years.

Well that sucks!

I agree Roselvr, it does suck. I think I like that recon better than any other one done on Kim Doe. Most fail to show her prominent cheek bones. It is IMO a very important bit of detail that is overlooked in most of her other recons, yet they are so obviously evident in her postmortems.

I revised my recon of Kim, and did a new recon of her companion.

52734667-86e5-42ba-b435-f833b7ff2802.jpg

Nice job. He looks like a guy I went to college with. Can't be, because that was 1979, but it still gave me a start.

Her skin's still got that grayish dead look around the eyes, especially her right one.

Being bumped yesterday, this thread jumped out at me because I was born in Blytheville in 1971. We moved to SC when I was only 6 months, but I've seen pics and been back once, and I immediately thought this had to be somehow related to the Air Force Base there. That is pretty much ALL that was there then besides cotton fields.

Then I read an earlier post about the similarities to the unidentified couple shot in SC in 1976. I had read it a while back and went back to look it up on a hunch. Sure enough, it was in Sumter Co. - WHICH IS ALSO AN AFB TOWN. Shaw AFB is there.

I didn't see any discussion on how we might check missing or unidentified related to these bases (or perps since found to have been stationed at one or the other) but I just thing it's an interesting theory. It also means these UP's could have not originally been from Blytheville or nearby, but from other AFB towns....

I'm not sure how or where to search, but I will start by asking my dad. He was career AF and was stationed at Blytheville and at Myrtle Beach AFB for many years (often going to Shaw AFB). Does anyone else have any ideas related to this or think it may be worth some digging?

So going off my previous post, and searching for crimes, criminals, missing persons near this year and location, trying to work backwards to an I.D.. This is first item I came across-not sure I should link as this would involve exposing unrelated persons names.

" TS, accused in a lawsuit of molesting a girl in 1978 at the now-closed Blytheville Air Force Base in Arkansas. A jury awarded the woman $1.5 million, but she has not collected because TS took a vow of poverty. TS resigned from the Air Force after he learned he was being investigated, according to testimony. TS declined comment."

A poster on another thread brought up serial murderer Edward Surratt as a possible suspect in a murder in Ohio.

20070227hosurratt_150.jpg

http://m.timesonline.com/a-killer-c...12d-4eeb-5c97-bd1d-ca0a1237cdfd.html?mode=jqm

When I read about the circumstances of his crimes, and his M.O., it occurred to me that he would be a very strong possible suspect in the murders of this couple (Pemiscott John, and Blytheville Kim)

* Surratt was active in 1977-78 (i.e., when PJ and BK were killed)
* Surratt was a truckdriver (PJ and BK were probable hitchhikers)
* Surratt frequently attacked couples.
* Surratt's weapon of choice was a shotgun.

As usual, I was looking for possible matches to a different UID when this couple jumped out at me. Missing from Canada:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...monton-AB-12-June-1973&highlight=terry+pettit

Ron YaKIMchuk (middle of name capitalized, underlined, and BBM) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3615dmab.html

Terry(Theresa) Pettit's description says she was "a free spirit.... who often acted on impulse" http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2461dfab.html

I can see them deciding to sell their car, kayak and "stuff" and deciding to hitchhike across the U.S. sightseeing, which would explain the bedroll that Blytheville Kim was carrying. Canadian police believe it is possible they entered the U.S. from Minnesota, according to Doenetwork links. They apparently wore matching braided silver rings.

As usual, I was looking for possible matches to a different UID when this couple jumped out at me. Missing from Canada:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...monton-AB-12-June-1973&highlight=terry+pettit

Ron YaKIMchuk (middle of name capitalized, underlined, and BBM) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3615dmab.html

Terry(Theresa) Pettit's description says she was "a free spirit.... who often acted on impulse" http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2461dfab.html

I can see them deciding to sell their car, kayak and "stuff" and deciding to hitchhike across the U.S. sightseeing, which would explain the bedroll that Blytheville Kim was carrying. Canadian police believe it is possible they entered the U.S. from Minnesota, according to Doenetwork links. They apparently wore matching braided silver rings.

I think they will be found in a body of water in Canada

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ron and his wife, Terry Pettit left Edmonton, Alberta on June 9, 1973 to head east to Montreal, in a battered Volkswagen Beetle. They were going to attend a wedding on June 16, 1973, then head to the Maritimes, where Ron hoped to land a teaching position and Terry, an Edmonton Journal reporter, intended to seek work as a journalist. En route, they stopped to visit friends near Brandon. The next day, they stopped in Dryden, Ontario, and mailed a one-word postcard to Edmonton.
They did not come to the wedding and have never been seen or heard of since.

They traveled in a 1959 Volkswagen Beetle, red with a green hood, green fender and Alberta license CA3-262. The car was filled with a white, three-metre kayak and boxes of clothes, books and household goods.
Their bank accounts have never been touched and their Volkswagen has never shown up anywhere. Ron's life insurance has never been collected. The couple has never been declared dead.

There was talk the couple was planning to go to Europe, but police say only Terry had a passport. They may have decided against staying on the narrow, hilly Trans-Canada Highway and headed south, crossing the U.S. border at International Falls and on to Duluth, MN. It's unclear whether police ever checked on that possibility, or if there are records of their entry into the U.S.

Ron is described as laid back, and a calming influence. A farm boy from Andrew, Alta, he was described by friends as "down to Earth" and "extremely sensible and mature."

I think they will be found in a body of water in Canada. I added to their WS thread

Google map route according to their Doe Net page - started in Edmonton, AB, Canada. En route, they stopped to visit friends near Brandon, MB, Canada; Dryden, Ontario. The next day, they stopped in Dryden, Ontario, and mailed a one-word postcard (Nyah) to Edmonton. A lady claims to have seen them broken down in the road Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada; but in July. I wonder if she has the date wrong; or if it was not them because the VW was missing their Kayak. Last destination was the wedding in Montreal, QC, Canada.

According to the 1st article linked below; a friend suggested the go through the US instead of running the narrow, hilly Trans-Canada Highway but it is believed they are in Lake Superior.

Answers sought in local pair's 1973 vanishing By The Edmonton Journal November 12, 2007

City woman believes she saw missing couple By The Edmonton Journal November 17, 2007

A city woman believes she saw a missing Edmonton couple alongside their broken down Volkswagen Beetle on a highway in Ontario after they were reported missing nearly 35 years ago.

According to Wikipedia the Lyle Stevik article and Tempe Girl articles are also being considered for deletion. Wikipedia states it is the second time the Lyle Stevik article has been nominated for deletion. Apparently all 3 articles were nominated by the same Wikipedia user.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back