Identified! AR - Blytheville, WhtFem 449UFAR, 18-36, 'Kim' tattoo, Jun'78 - Kimberlin Mills

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm searching for missing people with Kim as initials -- so far the only possible I've found is Kathleen Murphy http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murphy_kathleen.html

She fits the size and age, and went missing from Texas in 1976. They think she was taken against her will so that's not a real great match, and I'm not sure about resemblance. (Click attachment to enlarge.)

There is nobody, M or F, missing before or after 1978, in my list of nearly 15000 names with the Initials K.I.M.

There are two females with the initials K.M. missing prior to Jun'78, Kathleen Murphy (who you already mentioned) is one. Kim Mallon is the other. But Kim Mallon's middle name is Louise.

We can rule out Kathleen Murphy based on the butterfly tattoo on her abdomen.

Incidentally, there are only three females named Kim or Kimberly on my list who are missing prior to Jun'78.

Kim Mallon http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallon_kim.html
Kim James (who we can rule out based on her black race) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1378dfmd.html
Kimberly Stewart http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stewart_kimberly.html

There is nobody, M or F, missing before or after 1978, in my list of nearly 15000 names with the Initials K.I.M.

There are two females with the initials K.M. missing prior to Jun'78, Kathleen Murphy (who you already mentioned) is one. Kim Mallon is the other. But Kim Mallon's middle name is Louise.

I was quite surprised--it didn't seem like such an unusual combination of initials.

I admit I'm relieved to have you say that. It's good to know I didn't overlook something :D

If KIM stands for the UIDs initials, it could be for her first name, maiden name, married name. I know several women who initial documents that way and I myself use my maiden and married names together professionally, so it could be something like that. We know our UID had given birth to at least one child so she may have been married at one time. In fact, her husband or significant other could likely be the one who shot her and put her in that ditch.

Having said all that about the initials, the tattoo really looks like "Kim" is intended to be a first name, because the K is uppercase but the letter "i" is definitely lowercase.

If she had a child, why is nobody looking for her, assuming the child was not stillborn? Does her family believe she just took off? Did she normally live a transient type lifestyle and was never reported missing? And where is the child?

Another reason for believing "Kim" may have been the name of the UIDs child is that it was a very popular name in the early 70s. I didn't mention this before due to the anonymity factor of us using User ID nicknames on here, but my first name is Kim, and when I was a child in the 70s there were 3 other girls named Kim in my classroom. I think I read once that it was in the top 10 of girl names around 1970. So if our UID was 18 she was probably born in 1960, when the name Kim was less popular. If she was as old as 30, then I think it's even less likely this was her own name.

Maybe we should be looking at missing/runaway Canadians. Before Sept. 11 2001, it was very easy to cross the border between U.S. and Canada. Canada is supposed to have its own NAMUS style system operating by 2016.
JMO I think that Canada and NAMUS need to reach some sort of agreement where each country's MPs are compared to the other's UIDs. I think they would find a lot of matches. From a recent post in another case on WS, it is my understanding that NAMUS won't even compare Canadian MPs with United States UIDs because of costs?

I do not believe that Blytheville's real name was Kim, but that's just MOO. If she was a dancer/stripper or sex worker Kim might have been her stage name or street name. If KIm was as young as 18, she may have given birth before the age of 18 and given the baby up for adoption, the baby was in foster care, or her parental rights had been terminated.

I too doubt "Kim" was the name of the UID. I think it was a name that had some sort of special meaning for her.

Since the UID was found soon enough after death to determine eye color and the tattoo, I think we are looking for someone who had not been missing long. There are listed missing ladies whose stats compare well with her, but they had been missing for several years under suspicious circumstances, and therefore I doubt they survived to 1978. I think this UID was someone who was recently missing or was never reported missing at all. Such as someone who lived a transient kind of life, or who moved often, or who did not keep in touch with family. In other words, she just dropped out of sight and nobody really worried about it, because it was her habit to take off. Or she could have come from a troubled home who never reported her missing.

Canada is a good idea; we should take a look at their missing.

between Blytheville Jane (1978 AR) Caledonia Jane, (November 1979,NY) Arroyo Grande Jane ( October 1980 NV) and Walker County Jane ( November 1980 TX). There is also Princess Doe ( NJ) from 1982. I don't know how to post thumbnails of each facial reconstruction. I thought Bundy operated mainly on the West Coast and Florida. I am not saying that any of the cases that I mentioned above were Bundy-committed.

(snipped)

This man and woman murdered together also remind me of the man and woman who were murdered in North Carolina in 1976.

There was also a married couple from Kentucky that went missing in 1971, leaving their small children behind. Their last name was Shelton. That case is still unsolved.

A week or so ago, I posted Dorothy Bois's name as being a possible match for Blytheville. I just checked Dorothy's NAMUS page again : " DNA not available, dental records not available, fingerprints not available".

This case of the female UID and the male UID sounds like an execution. Maybe they were involved with the wrong kind of people or in a drug deal gone bad. Or less likely, a love triangle, and a jealous man killed them both?

This case of the female UID and the male UID sounds like an execution. Maybe they were involved with the wrong kind of people or in a drug deal gone bad. Or less likely, a love triangle, and a jealous man killed them both?

I agree it sounds more like an execution. Which might mean they weren't a couple at all.

Apologies if someone has already suggested Simone, but I looked back through this thread and didn't see Simone mentioned yet.

Simone Ridinger went missing from Sherborn, MA in Sept. 1977.
Height matches, hair in her photo looks blond-brown, weight is within 5 pounds of Blytheville Jane. Her eyes are listed as "brown" which is not far from "hazel". Looking at her age-progressed photo on the right, her eyes look more hazel than dark brown. She was 17 when she disappeared, she would have been 17 or 18 in 1978. "Foul play suspected".....

Simone's NCMEC link is here:
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1060967/1#posterone

Simone is not on Blytheville JD ruleout list. Remember Karl had a tough time reconstructing Jane's face due to gunshot damage. Is Simone's face close enough to possibly match? I have been looking at the age progression photo, which bears a resemblance to Karl's reconstruction. Please comment on whether Simone might be BlythevilleJane or not. TIA!

This man and woman murdered together also remind me of the man and woman who were murdered in North Carolina in 1976.

I think you mean South Carolina. Both of whom were killed with three shots each, like the MO male here. He looks Hispanic to me as well, despite the freckles; lots of redheaded Cubans & Argentines. Also, each of the men was missing some teeth.

Not to be gross or insensitive, but could the missing teeth have been blown out by the force of the gunshots? I couldn't think of a more delicate way to phrase it.

I keep looking at Betty Redmond as a possible Kim-Betty's nickname was "Bimmie". Missing 1976 from Maryland. She had 2 kids. We know Kim had given birth. Her eyebrows look like Kim's in the way they arch, especially her left eyebrow (our right as we look) Link:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/redmond_betty.html. Hair color is off, but hair dye would take care of that. Height, weight age in range.

Not to be gross or insensitive, but could the missing teeth have been blown out by the force of the gunshots? I couldn't think of a more delicate way to phrase it.

Yes, her dental chart indicates a full set of upper teeth (except wisdom teeth 1 and 16, which were unerupted). Apparently, all knocked out teeth were recovered.

BTW, for the record, her lower wisdom teeth were also unerupted, and she had amalgam fillings in all four other lower molars (18, 19, 30, and 31)

I keep looking at Betty Redmond as a possible Kim-Betty's nickname was "Bimmie". Missing 1976 from Maryland. She had 2 kids. We know Kim had given birth. Her eyebrows look like Kim's in the way they arch, especially her left eyebrow (our right as we look) Link:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/redmond_betty.html. Hair color is off, but hair dye would take care of that. Height, weight age in range.

I tried to submit Betty Redmond on another case but was told the circumstances overwhelmingly indicate she was killed that night. They didn't even look at it.

Which has no bearing on your match. There's a lot going for it.

On the theory that if Carl's proposal of John Holt for the male UID is right, the woman might have been from the same area, I went looking for women who disappeared from San Francisco in that time frame.

I found Connie Minchaca: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1112dfca.html

She went missing from Napa, which is a bit north of San Francisco, on June 9 of 1978, just a few days before the murders. She's a little taller -- 5'5" versus 5'2" -- and at 17 is slightly under the UID's estimated age. Eyes are listed as blue but look dark, just a few enough to be called hazel in the photos; I'd call that a negative. Her hair's roughly the same style. She has "several" fillings. No mention either way of children.

The nose looks similar but I'm not sure how good the rest of the resemblance is. Her poor face is so distorted in the PMs.

Attachments

• Kim Doe and Connie Minchaca.png
    Kim Doe and Connie Minchaca.png
    105 KB · Views: 118
Based on the unerupted wisdom teeth, I would guess that "Kim" is at the low end of the age range.

I notice that it says she had given birth, I wonder if Kim could be her child's name? It is not uncommon for women to do that, and most especially if she got the tattoo after she took to the road and left the child behind?

We can rule out Kathleen Murphy based on the butterfly tattoo on her abdomen.

Incidentally, there are only three females named Kim or Kimberly on my list who are missing prior to Jun'78.

Kim Mallon http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mallon_kim.html
Kim James (who we can rule out based on her black race) http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1378dfmd.html
Kimberly Stewart http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stewart_kimberly.html

I have to ask, what made you decide against Kim Stewart? (Just Curious) She has the prominent cheekbones of Kim Doe.She had kids, and the article said the one thing they know for sure is that Kim Doe gave birth. Her Charley profile said it is suspected she may have left with someone else. I know her height is a little off, and she is slightly older than I'd think Kim Doe to be, but we have seen height off before. I think you might be on to the right girl with her. (JMHO)

I have to ask, what made you decide against Kim Stewart? (Just Curious) She has the prominent cheekbones of Kim Doe.She had kids, and the article said the one thing they know for sure is that Kim Doe gave birth. Her Charley profile said it is suspected she may have left with someone else. I know her height is a little off, and she is slightly older than I'd think Kim Doe to be, but we have seen height off before. I think you might be on to the right girl with her. (JMHO)

There wasn't any particular reason. I just didn't think she looks like our Jane Doe, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back