AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like there will be a good outcome IMO. Seems Cassie has had a hard life and fallen through the cracks over the years. LE is silent, I have to hope this is because things are happening & coming together behind the scenes & not just because she is from a poor & broken home. There are enough red flags & the FBI is/was involved that I don't think they would stop investigating even if they theorized she ran away. I've never wished a 15 yr. old girl ran away, but I hope this one did. This case is very sad.

Been really swamped lately and only glanced into this one, but it certainly seems to have shades of Hailey to it. I hope not.

Hmmm, interesting find. It seems this poor little lady has so many odds stacked against her. I so desperately want to hope that she found a way out, a way to escape these people, but I think we will find out otherwise. I really wish there were better protections put into place for kids who truly do come from rough backgrounds.

I am just going to touch on the age difference between mom and boyfriend. It is a "thing". My brother in law does this. He is 23 now and always dates single moms that are at least 5 years older than him, but most have been 10 or more years older. They spend their food stamps and welfare money on him and he moves right in. After 5 or 6 months she will start complaining that he doesn't work or do anything and then he moves onto the next one. He readily admits this and that his close guy friends do the same. He is not allowed around my family and has a major anger problem. I would not be surprised if/when he showed up as the boyfriend in a case like this.

I am just going to touch on the age difference between mom and boyfriend. It is a "thing". My brother in law does this. He is 23 now and always dates single moms that are at least 5 years older than him, but most have been 10 or more years older. They spend their food stamps and welfare money on him and he moves right in. After 5 or 6 months she will start complaining that he doesn't work or do anything and then he moves onto the next one. He readily admits this and that his close guy friends do the same. He is not allowed around my family and has a major anger problem. I would not be surprised if/when he showed up as the boyfriend in a case like this.
"

Personally I think she likes young boys!
This family has issues!
JMO

I swear I have seen this woman on TV.
her face is soooo familiar.

what jumped out at me was Procuring.....

In Oklahoma, it is unlawful to willfully or maliciously engage in enabling child sexual abuse by causing, procuring or permitting a willful or malicious act of child sexual abuse of a child under the age of eighteen (18) by another
“permit” means to authorize or allow for the care of a child by an individual when the person authorizing or allowing such care knows or reasonably should know that the child will be placed at risk of sexual abuse as proscribed by this subsection.
http://www.kanialaw.com/case-types/...inst-children/enabling-child-sexual-abuse.htm

Just happened upon this thread and read the entire thing. I have three words for anyone asking what part made some of our hinky meters go beserk.

ALL OF IT.

I went from...."Oh that's interesting!" to "Oh that's heartbreaking!" to "Oh that's DISTURBING!" with every page I read. I think other than the friend's mother, everyone failed this kid considerably. I don't think for a minute that she has gone off of her own free will, unfortunately. And, I hate to even get emotionally involved in a case when I think there might be a heartbreaking end to it. But, it's too late for that after reading all I have and so now, here I am....involved.

What part is hinky? I think it would be easier to describe what isn't hinky!

And, mom's response to there being sexual abuse going on in the home? She says in her interview "Not that I know of". Really?! I would think with her past charges that she would be more aware of what was going on in her home. Definitely issues there! I also didn't like the mom's interview a bit. It made me cringe. What part? All of it. I really feel she knows what happened to Cassie or was involved personally (with the BF) in Cassie's disappearance.

I hope I'm wrong. Lord, please let me be wrong on this one! :please: But, the stuff I've seen so far....stinks to high heaven!

I just came across and read this entire thread, at first I thought "she went to get cigarettes?" Why would she text that to a friend unless she wanted said friend to meet her there? Same friend who just dropped her off? Sorry not buying it. I really wonder if Cassie sent that text.

I do not have good feelings about Cassie being found alive. So many red flags from "parents". :(

Community members admitted they gave into the rumors and gossip about whether Compton ran away or was kidnapped and why.

Dianne West, who stood by Judy's side, said too many people let their emotions control their words over the Internet.

"We did have a little friction and it's a lot to do with misinformation, not knowing, not realizing that people's past may not be what you think," West said.

The Stuttgart Police Department (SPD) said there were no hard leads regarding Compton's disappearance, but the case was still open and active.

BBM

See fellow sleuthers...........her past isn't what we think it is...............:gaah:

(Mom and Dad are both registered sex offenders, but I'm SURE it's something totally innocent) :thinking:

:truce: :truce: :truce:

I found an older brother, maybe the charges are on a male subject.

I agree on the BF, he is way too young in my opinion for the mom as well. These findings may be the answers as to why the mom has not been actively trying to get the media involved. She may have feared these skeletons would come out of the closet.

I'd guess she's more concerned about them finding Cassie's skeleton in her closet at this point...

I think the text about the cigarettes was sent to make it look like Cassie left the house, and to make it look like she was a rebellious teenager. I don't think Cassie sent the text or left again after she got dropped off. Well, at least not until she was removed from the house.

I'd guess she's more concerned about them finding Cassie's skeleton in her closet at this point...

I think the text about the cigarettes was sent to make it look like Cassie left the house, and to make it look like she was a rebellious teenager. I don't think Cassie sent the text or left again after she got dropped off. Well, at least not until she was removed from the house.

Does anyone know if the house has been searched? I would assume that would have to be voluntarily allowed at this point since there's been no search warrant.

If you do a news search with Cassie's name and the word missing, the last news articles that show up are dated the 18th of this month, nearly a week ago. So sad, I sure hope this case does not fall off the radar and just disappear into nowhere. I wonder if the FBI are still involved? There have been no pressers, no nothing it seems and time just keep clicking on.

TTF14, I have not read anywhere about the home being searched, but like you I would assume that would have been one of the first, if not the first place the LE would have searched to check it off their list.

Do the local authorities believe she is a run away? There does not seem to be much effort by them to locate her. Do they not think this child is in any danger? Maybe they think she's better off having ran away if that's what she did.

Do the local authorities believe she is a run away? There does not seem to be much effort by them to locate her. Do they not think this child is in any danger? Maybe they think she's better off having ran away if that's what she did.

Upthread somewhere, I believe it's said that a search was a rescue mission, which I think is when they believe they're looking for a body, right?

ETA: Here it is:

I hadn't read this about the Oct. 4th search before:

"The groups searched areas between Casscoe and Almyra looking for any evidence in the case. The search, which officials considered a recovery mission, was unsuccessful."

Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/...#ixzz3GQ2iGBZ2

Police must know a whole lot to be able to classify this as a recovery mission less then 3 weeks after she went missing. This is very unusual especially since she is 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney