AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a new article:
.....He said at the moment police were actively pursuing some leads, but if they did not find anything they would start the search over.....

snipped-how about starting it over, period. Before MORE time elaspes?
smh, poor Cassie
going to my corner

No, sre, no going to your corner, lol. We need all hands on deck here. Perhaps at the end of the day, unfamiliarity is what is driving this effort which seems to be going round and round.

There are issues to be addressed and if I were the media I would be curious-why the belief in a recovery effort? Why is that belief so strong that there is (possibly questionable) fundraising going on for it? Why is there now a pledge of 1K for anyone who can bring Cassie home safe, not tips that will lead people to her? Why are past leads an indicator that this child hasn't run away? Why such an incomplete description of her clothes, her phone?

If I could say one thing to our guests it would be if you are afraid you will not be heard if you have something to share, you will be heard loud and clear here. Cassie's disappearance can be solved.

Mom needs better advice than the advice she has been receiving I think. She needs more accurate flyers, a push for attention, complete medical/dental records turned over...she needs to be actively involved not passively involved. Cassie's loved ones are her voice right now until she can speak for herself. And they need to be speaking LOUDLY. Reach out outside the community if need be. Lean on Klaas Kids for their experience in how to handle a missing child situation. If they are in fact on the ground right now, pick their brains in person while you can.

Locals, sign up and head to the SAR thread with us...add your expertise to possible locations.

Let's do this. :blowkiss: Hang on Cassie. Someone is going to bring you home.

No, sre, no going to your corner, lol. We need all hands on deck here. Perhaps at the end of the day, unfamiliarity is what is driving this effort which seems to be going round and round.

There are issues to be addressed and if I were the media I would be curious-why the belief in a recovery effort? Why is that belief so strong that there is (possibly questionable) fundraising going on for it? Why is there now a pledge of 1K for anyone who can bring Cassie home safe, not tips that will lead people to her? Why are past leads an indicator that this child hasn't run away? Why such an incomplete description of her clothes, her phone?

If I could say one thing to our guests it would be if you are afraid you will not be heard if you have something to share, you will be heard loud and clear here. Cassie's disappearance can be solved.

Mom needs better advice than the advice she has been receiving I think. She needs more accurate flyers, a push for attention, complete medical/dental records turned over...she needs to be actively involved not passively involved. Cassie's loved ones are her voice right now until she can speak for herself. And they need to be speaking LOUDLY. Reach out outside the community if need be. Lean on Klaas Kids for their experience in how to handle a missing child situation. If they are in fact on the ground right now, pick their brains in person while you can.

Mom's not going to want advice on finding Cassie if it means Mom ends up in legal trouble again for not protecting her daughter.

Wow! Yes... The wording of uses of the funds is insensitive at best....

JMO...

I haven't seen this-where is this being written? Very frustrating! I don't see the reason for an assumption that she is no longer with us unless this is a possible LE ploy based on something that came in...

Believe09 ~ WONDERFUL POST! I have always said if I go missing call police then let Webslueths know & don't hold back.

Believe09 ~ WONDERFUL POST! I have always said if I go missing call police then let Webslueths know & don't hold back.

I am with you Dee10-If I disappear, I hope these incredible posters will be all over it.

Caring4Many, if you check page 13 you will see a flyer for the Cassie Compton fund. The flyer discusses burial expenses. Again, if there are locals reading and you are involved with the fund, I urge you to look into whether or not the fund has been properly and legally registered with the state. The funds will need to be accounted for and the paperwork accurately filed and disclosed. Otherwise it could be considered fraudulent activity and it may take the focus away from the investigation.

I am going to focus on her case being put into NAMUS. The FBI is involved, so we know it is in NCIC and we know it is in NCMEC. NAMUS is a helpful tool however and I hope to see her information entered in shortly.

1. One of the plethora of Facebooks dealing with finding this young woman had a comment to the effect of "Trac can't help me" - MOO, but maybe a trac phone?

2. Interesting comment that I've missed before, from http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/k...NkaJePXFoNHvtA, updated time 10/13/2014 10:45 PM.

"Compton called her daughter's cellphone, but the number was disconnected."

Can minutes be added to a disconnected phone? Does "disconnected" equal "turned off" or does it equal "service is cancelled"?

if it is without minutes it is disconnected. That is my experience with my daughter's old trac phone anyway. you must add minutes to reconnect it.

So the question that springs to my mind is does the phone ping if it has been disconnected due to lack of minutes? I understand financial struggle, but I am trying to picture having my minor child bouncing around without an active cell phone. May be the belief was that she would always be with someone who had one.

I am sure that everyone's phones were dumped-it's a great way for LE to start ruling people out if possible.

She had a Trac phone that could text as well as call. Wonder if it had a data plan. Locals, where would you by a Trac phone in Stuttgart?

There is a Radio Shack and a WalMart in Stuttgart that sell a number of Trac phones. A few are internet ready and can be used to keep up on social media. We know she could txt with hers-how about a data plan?

OK, it is kind of urgent to get the cell phone description although I am sure LE has it. If anyone is controlling and creating the flyers, reworking them to show her clothing, scars and phone description would be great.

Mom's fiancée is still in custody, correct? I wonder what he is sharing and if it has been guiding any searches on the ground? He had been around her for a while-perhaps he had an idea of places where she would spend time alone or with friends. Locals, do the bodies of water and the fields and the woods lend themselves to long walks or hikes for reflection? I have seen the Google Earth of the areas of course, but I am trying to figure out if there is any wildlife that might make a walk near the bayou something you would avoid? TIA.

Did anyone notice that Cassie became friends on FB with someone last-named "Rhodes" on Oct 4? 3 weeks after she was last seen?

Such a sad case. I hope she's found, but it doesn't seem likely.

1. One of the plethora of Facebooks dealing with finding this young woman had a comment to the effect of "Trac can't help me" - MOO, but maybe a trac phone?

2. Interesting comment that I've missed before, from http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/k...NkaJePXFoNHvtA, updated time 10/13/2014 10:45 PM.

"Compton called her daughter's cellphone, but the number was disconnected."

Can minutes be added to a disconnected phone? Does "disconnected" equal "turned off" or does it equal "service is cancelled"?

Another article stated this, so who knows:

And that was the last time she saw or spoke to her. The next morning when she found that she wasn’t in her bedroom she started texting Cassie. After no quick response, she sent anothe text. Then she started calling. Her mother said Cassie always answered her phone — text or call. Even if she was hanging with friends, like some teenagers do and ignore that phone call from mom, she never did.

“I called and it rang each time, then I called and it went straight to her voicemail, which is not set up,” she said.
Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141014/News/141019848#ixzz3Hy04T6bH

AC Steven Bobo knows a lot more than he is willing to admit to the press, and he's looking at recovery not rescue IMO. Poor Cassie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela