AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets think about ways to draw attention-Cassie's 16th birthday is coming up. Perhaps the HS can do some kind of rally or flyer drop. Then there is that massive influx of duck hunters over Thanksgiving-they should have flyers and tip boxes everywhere, dont you think??

Let me share my rationale for leaving the txt out-it seemed questionable and it seemed like the Last Known Contact ie face to face was the one with Mom and boyfriend/fiancee. Should I add the txt? I would think that txt created the ping record I have seen alluded to on the FB page and other social media.

Maybe last seen rather than last known contact and then mention a text received from her phone to a friend stated she was going out for cigarettes?

I understand that mom was reportedly last to set eyes on her per MSM reports. But I do think the text is important as well, whether she sent it or another it did come from her phone, which is missing along with her. So I would mention both.

IIRC there have been two fb pages of Cassies linked on this thread.

I have found a third.

https://www.facebook.com/cassie.compton.1

Apologies if it has been linked already.

Thats three. Which seems odd to me. Whats the need for 3?

Thank you, had not seen that one. I would find it odd if there were three currently updated and active pages. But since they do not really overlap and one seems to replace the next and our MP is 15 I would guess one of the following:

1) forgot password or got hacked and started fresh
2) was reported for having page underage and page closed so new one started or parent locked her out so created a new one.

MOO, it is not uncommon to find several pages for teens of this age. Usually one is left behind for the next which seems to have happened here based on the dates of last entries.

This is the info I have gathered so far for the poster...can anyone add and/or subtract for me?

Cassie Kay Compton
Missing From: 15[SUP]th[/SUP] St. Stuttgart AR
Date Missing: September 14, 2014
Sex: Female
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 100
Build: Thin
Eyes: Grey-blue
Hair: blonde
Race: Caucasian

Clothing Description: ?
Cell Phone Description: ?
Wallet/Purse/Backpack Description: ?

Cassie has facial scarring on the ? side of her face as pictured in the photo above. Dental records and DNA are/are not available. Cassie has been known to frequent ? places in/outside of town.

Circumstances behind Disappearance: Last known contact was with mother and another adult in the home at approximately 6:00PM the night she disappeared. Mother reports Cassie changed clothing at some point in the evening. Mother reports she attempted to contact Cassie via txt message and phone call. Cassie was called in missing by a concerned friend on Monday September 15, 2014.
From an earlier post:
Cassie was believed to be wearing a blue tank top, blue jean shorts and cowboy boots, her mother explained. She weighs 100 pounds and is 5-foot, 3-inches tall with a scar on the left side of her face. When she went missing her hair was blonde with blue/hazel eyes.

What is the closest store to Cassies residence that would sell cigarettes? Have they checked cameras there?

eta: Not that I necessarily believe she sent that text.

Thank you, had not seen that one. I would find it odd if there were three currently updated and active pages. But since they do not really overlap and one seems to replace the next and our MP is 15 I would guess one of the following:

1) forgot password or got hacked and started fresh
2) was reported for having page underage and page closed so new one started or parent locked her out so created a new one.

MOO, it is not uncommon to find several pages for teens of this age. Usually one is left behind for the next which seems to have happened here based on the dates of last entries.

Thanks, I hadn't got round to checking dates and if they overlapped. I guess she may have wanted to have a page private from her mom too, so if mom found one page then she made another.

I have found a third.

Teenagers often make new accounts when they lose their password. I know numerous teens with more than one account. My 18 year old doesn't have a Facebook but lots of her friends are my friends, so they'll add me again after they've created a new account. lol

I also think that kids dont really use FB much any more. The last teen I spoke to about it stated "FB is for old people." ;) So these kids are probably on instagram, twitter, kik, vine, ask etc...I am sure Cassie is as well.

I did find a link on BRs arrest, others may have seen it already but it doesn't give charges past parole violation. Well except some previous charges. Not sure if mods are ok with it being linked here??

I also think that kids dont really use FB much any more. The last teen I spoke to about it stated "FB is for old people." ;) So these kids are probably on instagram, twitter, kik, vine, ask etc...I am sure Cassie is as well.
Snapchat seems to be the big one around here that kids use.

Oh, and I almost forgot, they use Wisper to post things anon.

I have found a third.

I thought I had come across a 3rd one. So this one still as friends linked to it, the one I linked does not (looks like all posts on it are dated after the one you linked and her current one) and her current one has friends.

Last Known Contact and Last Known Alive are some terms used by LE I believe. They are important benchmarks in the status of a MP case. Cassie's last known contact was with her mother and fiancee, per her mother. But her actual last known contact, which might or might not be one in the same, are inside the files associated with the investigation I am guessing.

I think that if this is a recovery effort, any future media will reference last known alive. :(

Will someone refresh me on where the flyer about funding Cassie's burial falls on the timeline?

Just a quick shout out to ya'll. You've helped make it very clear who cares about finding Cassie. This is what WS's is all about.

The cases that don't get media attention, the cases that fall through the cracks, the cases where rumor is rampant and verified info scarce, the cases where the ball gets dropped, or is never picked up to begin with- the cases that seem like no one cares? You guys care.
Thanks for restoring a little faith today.

I grew up in Pine Bluff which is about 30 minutes from Stuttgart and paid close attention to this case since about a week after she went missing. I'm a pretty active online sleuth just haven't been on WS very much until recently. That said, as a somewhat local/ online sleuth...here are my observations.

First, what stuck out to me in the JVM interview with the friends mom
-JVM asked why Cassie had spent so much time at her house and she replied something to the affect (albeit vaguely) that Cassie wanted to get away from something going on in the home. She did not elaborate which has definitely led to others drawing their own conclusions.

I believe her brother or another sibling in Oklahoma created "the search for cassie compton" FB page. It hasn't been updated since the beginning of Oct for whatever reason.

The last post by the page said something to the affect of "we all need to get along and be positive"

I can't remember if it was the original FB group that has now disbanded where I read that the page was created by someone besides Cassie's mom and not Tracy (friends mom interviewed on JVM)

There were comments asking everyone to be sure to tag Judy (Cassie's mom) to lether know what everyone was posting/doing etc.

This started a fairly heated exchange (some comments had been deleted by the time I read the page)

My main takeaway (assumption) was that some were placing blame on her mother for whatever reason that Cassie was gone.

For whatever reason (none came right out and said it) a group of local woman felt the need to take it upon themselves to help with raising awareness online etc.

Cassie's mother was obviously offended & hurt and expressed that to a degree during an interview with a local tv station. She felt left out.

The ladies who were running the FB group (I think it was the group) said that they sent direct messages to Judy informing her of all they were doing (fundraising, designing tshirts, contacting equisearch etc)

There are currently 4 pages for Cassie:
1. the search for Cassie compton (no updates in over a month)
2. Prayers for Cassie Compton (no page updates since Sept but posts to page keep coming and one was from Judy)
3. Come Home Cassie Compton Porchlight Vigil: the majority of posts come from AM, it seems that she doesn't know Cassie but her heart has been touched and she's taken on the crusade to raise awareness and help find Cassie. She seems very genuine and her only dog in the fight is to find Cassie.
She did post yesterday to clarify that no alcohol was served at the Halloween party for Cassie that was held on Fri night. I'm not sure where these comments were made or if they've been deleted etc.

4. Find Cassie Compton (not sure who this admin is, but a recent post thanks the original ladies from the FB group I mentioned above, but did not name Judy)
A recent page post said "we miss you AM"

A lot of follow up comments on these pages mentions the importance of putting negativity aside etc

Hope this explanation helps

What is the closest store to Cassies residence that would sell cigarettes? Have they checked cameras there?

eta: Not that I necessarily believe she sent that text.

After searching Convenience stores in Stuttgart the resulting map showed:
E-Z Mart
501 S Buerkle St, Stuttgart, AR ‎
(870) 673-4450 () ‎ · e-zmart.com

According to Google maps it is a 20 minute walk about 1.0 mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop