DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching Convenience stores in Stuttgart the resulting map showed:
E-Z Mart
501 S Buerkle St, Stuttgart, AR ‎
(870) 673-4450 () ‎ · e-zmart.com

According to Google maps it is a 20 minute walk about 1.0 mile.

Good job! :thumb:

I get an unavailable page for the porchlight vigil. Anyone else? Is this an event or a group?

The admin actually just commented that they had to make it an invite only event because of so many people attacking them

It's says that negative comments towards Cassie's mom or anyone else will not be allowed. Her poor mom. Innocent until proven guilty and until then she should be off limits.

Hi all. I just got registered after finding this thread through someone on another page. I live in Stuttgart, the town where Cassie is missing from. It seems like there are not any locals on here so I'm hoping I can answer any questions and clarify any issues, or what I can at least. I participated in the second search that was volunteer only, and actively searched for around 8 hours that day. Here are some things that I wanted to clarify after reading through the entire thread over the past few days:

1 - The closest gas station to her (and the one she would most likely walk to) would be the Shell on the corner of Main Street and 22nd Street. It is open 24 hours and is one of the busiest in town. I honestly do not know if they would sell to a minor. It is a small town and I'm sure that minors are occasionally sold to, but I'm 30 and I've even had to show my license at Shell. There is a Family Dollar within 4 blocks of her that sells cigarettes, they have a much smaller stock and selection though and stop selling at a certain time.

2 - There really isn't anywhere around here to take a leisurely or reflective walk. When you leave out of town there are crop fields in every direction and the woods are just that. This isn't what you'd call a pretty part of the state... you're not going to find any waterfalls, any hills, any real natural beauty (unless you prefer flat lands where you can see miles ahead of you).

3 - I have met the mom's boyfriend before. My husband owned a tire shop about a block from their house and he would stop in there every once in a while to talk. A few times he was in a money pinch and my husband would let him clean up around the shop or help out for a few dollars. He did not have a job or a car. He rode around town on his bike, often carrying and playing a guitar. He is a very peculiar guy and kind of creeped me out. He told me stories of being in the army (he wore full BDUs quite often), but I have since found out that he was never active in any service. He talked to himself when he was around me and was very full of himself. Others have told me that he is an obsessive liar and can make up some whoppers.

4 - I never met Judy until the search. She seemed genuinely hurt and concerned. I am under the impression that she believes Cassie ran away. I don't know, however, if this is because she is in complete denial that something worse could have happened. I am a mother of two young boys and I can't say that if something like this happened that I would want to face the possibility of anything worse. Someone mentioned how she acted in her interviews and her lack of crying. She seemed to be under the influence of some kind of sedative or anti-depressant. Who can blame her? I'd be a basketcase too.

5 - From what I have been told by friends close to Judy is that Tracy Snyder (the woman in the JVM interview) did not meet Cassie until about 3 weeks before her disappearance. Her son, Hunter, was the one who dropped her back off the night she went missing. Judy and her friends seemed to be quite appalled that she went on national television saying that her home was "Cassie's safe haven".

6 - The group of people raising awareness of Cassie's disappearance are doing a great job, considering they've not done this before and didn't even know Cassie. Yes, they recently changed their FB group's privacy settings. I don't think this was a great move either. I think they've put themselves in a position where they are going to get some criticism along with the praise and they need to just deal with it instead of getting cliquey, but they have chosen the latter. I believe there are much better ways for them to get her name out... there were some good suggestions on here.

7 - There were some rumors going around that Brandon was Cassie's boyfriend before her mother's... strangely with the age difference it makes more sense. I asked Judy and she said that was definitely not true. Brandon isn't necessarily someone a teenage girl would lust after, he doesn't have much going for him. I'm going to agree with most of you on here and say that Judy should have had much better judgement in that situation.

I covered quite a bit, but I know there are things I missed. I will try to keep up on here and see if I am helpful with anything else.

:welcome6:

Welcome SmallTownMomma! We are so glad you joined us! You've given me so much to think about. I have a lot of questions about the searches and if you wouldn't mind answering it would be greatly appreciated. Where or what area was the search the FBI helped and broke people into teams was? Do you know why that area was picked? I read on another site it was due to Brandon's and Cassie's pings, but not sure if this is accurate of course. Did the police aid in other searches and are they still searching and same area? Did Klass Kids come to search??? Sorry to bombard you with so many questions lol and oh and one more please. Does Judy have a vehicle and does Brandon have access to it or another vehicle?

I was not able to participate in the first search led by LE. Although I do know that they searched around the airport and in the Casscoe area (because of the pings). The search that I took part in at the beginning of October was led by someone local who has led and been involved in other rescue/recovery searches, but there was an investigative member of LE there in case any evidence was found throughout the day. We were told at that time that the search was for recovery. Unfortunately, I don't know any more about Klass Kids being in town than anyone else. Judy had told me the day of the search that she had called and talked to them and they told her they would have to talk to local LE about the case and get permission to be involved in the investigation. I am guessing that the situation progressed and they are in town for Cassie. Yes, Judy does have a vehicle. Brandon does not have a license but was known to take Judy's car every once in a while, especially while she was asleep.

Welcome to Websleuths, SmallTownMama!!! It is nice of you to be here with us. Before you get completely bombarded with questions, may I ask a few things?
1.) Have there been any unexplained fires or arsons since Cassie's disappearance? Specifically of abandoned buildings and the like? Either in Stuttgart or close by? Unfortunately, that kind of activity can some times indicate an attempt to destroy evidence. :(

2.) Regarding abandoned buildings, do you know if there has been an effort to have locals check their own properties and check any sheds or buildings or refuse piles that would be good hiding places?

3.) Have you heard of any effort to coordinate flyers and tip boxes during the next few weeks in order to take advantage of the number of hunters etc that will likely be descending upon Stuttgart?

4.) What is your gut? Do you think Cassie ran or do you think she is somewhere unable to speak for herself?

How about local camps or lodges? I imagine it will be both a blessing and a curse when all of the hunters show up. They really need to be informed about her disappearance-the blessing is the amount of ground they can cover and the curse may be that evidence is compromised because of lack of information.

Welcome SmallTownMomma! Thanks for joining us:)
I would suggest seeing a mod about being a verified insider (I believe these are still done?). I know some things mods will snip out if they aren't verified fact/considered speculation & I'd hate to see any of your info lost as it seems here on Websleuths Cassie is finally pulling in people.
Thanks again for joining us!

Good-I hope Klaas does some media today...they are excellent at drawing it. High profile organization in town lends all kinds of urgency and legitimacy.

If we still have room in the tags, would someone add Klaas Kids? I am still maxxed out. Many thanks...

I don't think I can reach the tags from the mobile app, can I? I also wonder why if Klaas kids was involved during previous searches more media wasn't pursued. I don't see her poster shared on their feeds. Seems more and more that there is some things here we just don't know....IMO

Tag added.
Can we get a comprehensive list of missing caucasian females, children through adults, within about a 90 mile radius of Stuttgart up?

This is the image I am talking about:
c4a836ba6be18607018b09a13710c1de.jpg

I think that any poster revisions should include this picture, jmvho

bumping my own post so that we can keep track of this picture...

I wonder if SmallTownMomma may have any insight as to how Cassie ended up with her facial scars?

Tag added.
Can we get a comprehensive list of missing caucasian females, children through adults, within about a 90 mile radius of Stuttgart up?

Will do-but I was combing the UID part of NAMUS and there is only one Jane Doe that has been logged since 2007...I thought that was bizarre. Plenty of John Does. Not many Janes. Just found that strange.

If you have any information regarding Cassie's disappearance or you have come across anything you believe may be evidence in her case please contact one of the following resources:

Stuttgart Police at 870-673-1414.

Cyber Tip Line NCMEC

NCMEC Phone Tip Line:
1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678).

FBI Little Rock AR email

FBI Little Rock AR phone and fax:
Phone: (501) 221-9100
Fax: (501) 228-8509

bump bump

(sigh) Where are you Cassie? Praying today is the day.

Thank You SmallTownMomma for joining us and thank you so much for your insight!

There have been questions here about hunting lodges etc for the duck hunting. I called my dad this morning, he was an avid duck hunter for years and I asked him if he had ever gone to Stutgartt to hunt as I knew that he had traveled all over to do different kinds of hunting over the years. He had been there hunting he said he thought somewhere around 20 years ago, he said when they went, they took their campers and his brother arranged the location for the camp but if he remembers correct they camped on land owned by a farmer that one of them knew. Things could have changed since then as that was many years ago, but that is the way they personally stayed and hunted when they went. He said they went there a few different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx