AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to post some types of information, without a link, it is necessary to be a verified insider on a case. If anyone would like to request verification, here is the process: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

If you have any questions about verification, please send me (or any mod) a pm and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Salem

Small town momma, not sure if you saw this. You are offering valuable info, but unless it's in MSM or from a verified insider it can't be posted and will be deleted. Of course you don't have to be one, but I don't want you to get in trouble or this thread to get closed.

This part of the interview is frustrating to me....so TS' house was a "safe haven" but TS wasn't aware of any issues at home for Cassie until after she disappeared???

Do we know what time Hunter returned home? Is that question allowed?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you said that she was having issues with the home, somebody at the home?

SNYDER: Be didn`t know about those issues until after -- after the fact.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And how`d you hear about those?

SNYDER: She never gave us any clues or said, "I`m in distress. I need you. I need help." She never gave or led onto anything to that nature.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So is that just, like, neighborhood gossip or something of that nature that she -- where did you hear that?

SNYDER: Well, we just -- it`s not gossip. I just -- I can`t really tell you where that came from.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. But suffice it to say that she was having issues? That`s it.

SNYDER: Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Something regarding the home, and we can`t go any further than that.

SNYDER: Right.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/13/ijvm.01.html

This reads to me like someone who was coached by law enforcement not to disclose certain information. So what I read into this is that what ever was going on in the home is material to this case. JMVHO

SmallTimeMomma, thank you for your help. How many dogs and handlers did you see?

I remember reading something on here about evidence being found around Bayou Meta. Can anyone confirm that or point me to the post? I have heard about the phones pinging in Casscoe but not the other. Can someone elaborate on that?

Where is the info on the phone pings?

And btw, Good Morning Sleuthers and guests!

I think we have made a lot of headway in the last few days filling in some of the brushstrokes. For me, the blanks are just as telling as the information and speculation that have been shared. It seems like some of the basic questions we dont have solid answers to (clothing, cell phone) are just as important a yardstick as the ones we do have answers to. Such as the families request for money to cover the cost of a burial, issues inside of the home, who filed the MP report etc.

15 is a tough age regardless of your socio-economic status-you arent necessarily talking to adults even when you are at risk, but you are for sure talking to your close friends. I hope and pray that there has been some compassionate thoughtful interviewing being done of Cassie's peers, kwim? The important thing here is Cassie's recovery, not necessarily who might be doing a recreational drug or a little trespassing, I would think. If you have any information, please share with someone. You can send a tip many different ways to keep yourself safe and anonymous.

Where are you Cassie?

Once everyone is verified, I wonder if we can kind of map out the search locations and figure out how each area was chosen? I am a SAR novice so I like to learn whenever I can!!

Where is the info on the phone pings?

We can dig around for this, but iirc it was part of the initial search information. Which makes sense. Once they triangulated the pings, it was a good place to look for her or evidence.

We can dig around for this, but iirc it was part of the initial search information. Which makes sense. Once they triangulated the pings, it was a good place to look for her or evidence.

I'm asking because the only info I'm finding about the phone (see post #532) is the family saying it was off shortly after she left. The first search MSM doesn't reference pings but says the FBI can't say why they've chosen the search grid they did. (http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...join-in-search-to-find-missing-teen/16736867/) I haven't seen anything outside here referencing pings & can't seem to locate any either.

And btw, Good Morning Sleuthers and guests!

I think we have made a lot of headway in the last few days filling in some of the brushstrokes. For me, the blanks are just as telling as the information and speculation that have been shared. It seems like some of the basic questions we dont have solid answers to (clothing, cell phone) are just as important a yardstick as the ones we do have answers to. Such as the families request for money to cover the cost of a burial, issues inside of the home, who filed the MP report etc.

15 is a tough age regardless of your socio-economic status-you arent necessarily talking to adults even when you are at risk, but you are for sure talking to your close friends. I hope and pray that there has been some compassionate thoughtful interviewing being done of Cassie's peers, kwim? The important thing here is Cassie's recovery, not necessarily who might be doing a recreational drug or a little trespassing, I would think. If you have any information, please share with someone. You can send a tip many different ways to keep yourself safe and anonymous.

Where are you Cassie?

I wholeheartedly agree! Question though-do we know if it is family asking for those expenses or is this one of the FB groups run by others outside the family? Or did LE tell them to prepare themselves? But I would think if they did they would have told themI that victims of violence have their funeral expenses covered by the state? Unless the they think something else happened?

http://arkansasag.gov/programs/criminal-justice/crime-victim-reparations

I'm asking because the only info I'm finding about the phone (see post #532) is the family saying it was off shortly after she left. The first search MSM doesn't reference pings but says the FBI can't say why they've chosen the search grid they did. (http://www.thv11.com/story/news/loc...join-in-search-to-find-missing-teen/16736867/) I haven't seen anything outside here referencing pings & can't seem to locate any either.

Let me dig. I could have sworn I saw it in a media article...maybe I was lulled and it was in a comment ;)

Good morning all, I feel like we're really getting somewhere!

As we put together some more pieces, I'd like to readdress search areas and future areas of interest as well. I hope with so many talented, thoughtful, and caring individuals working together to try and unravel the mystery of Cassie's disappearance, we can make some real headway in helping to bring her home.

That said-believe09, while I think I understand what you're saying re: recreational drug use and trespassing concerns, I think that, speaking for myself, my sole interest is in helping to locate Cassie....not who might be having a party in a field that doesn't belong to them, with illicit substances.

However, the reality is that if area teens are partying in places (especially outdoors) I want to know where and with what types of substances. Not because I want them arrested, but because they are eyes on the ground. Kwim?

And if certain substances are popular, such as mollys...we're talking the potential for some misaccurate recall info. We need kids to feel safe coming forward to say things such as 'there was a glow party on such and such night at xyz....' and anonymously.

Back to tip boxes! Perhaps at several of the popular churches, the high school, etc.

Hopefully this will answer your questions...
- We wrote our names down on a sheet of paper. We did not present any form of ID.
- Most of the volunteers were on foot. I was on a 4-wheeler with my husband most of the time, except when we were walking around reservoirs and then I was on foot so I could see down the banks. There were about 4 or 5 ATVs involved and 39 volunteers in all. No horseback at this search.
- We had 3 team leaders.
- There was no media present at the search. This was the same day as the balloon release across town and there was media there and mention of the search. There was no mention to us about any contact with media one way or another.
- We were told that if we came across any potential evidence that we were to leave it as is, tell our team leader, and they would call the LE present, which was Assistant Chief.
- I'm not aware of any tagging.

May I add a clarification? This search STM is describing is the volunteer-lead search of Sat. Oct. 11. On the previous weekend, Sat. Oct. 4, was the LE-organized search which began at the large Stuttgart Municipal Airport in Prairie County several miles north of town (but discreetly moved to Casscoe east of town in the afternoon). Someone in SAR thread started asking about at the Old Dockery airfield adjacent to town -- not the same place and no longer in use.

Once everyone is verified, I wonder if we can kind of map out the search locations and figure out how each area was chosen? I am a SAR novice so I like to learn whenever I can!!

My understanding is that the search on Oct.4th was led by LE and that they searched the Casscoe area, the "Look-Out" community, and from there back toward the river. This information came out after the search, no one knew where the search was going to be before. I also heard local rumor stating the Oct 4th search was based on cell pings but not Cassie's cell.
This is all local rumor from ppl involved in that Oct. 4th (I was not at the search). So.....fwiw..moo. and hth..

Has there been any discussion of any future searches within the community, perhaps utilizing the hunting seasons and property access to cover more ground? Are hunting 'tourists' being provided with Cassie's missing info?
Perhaps we should see if we can get a list of outdoor and hunting stores, practice ranges, lodges, leased hunting lands, wildlife management hunting areas with season and hours etc., and make sure all have a supply of Cassie flyers with one in a visually prominent place?

ETA: if we have locations that receive heavy traffic during hunting seasons, we can call businesses and ask if they would be open to accepting a fax of Cassie's flyer to place at their business. Businesses are often amenable to this.

Good morning all, I feel like we're really getting somewhere!

As we put together some more pieces, I'd like to readdress search areas and future areas of interest as well. I hope with so many talented, thoughtful, and caring individuals working together to try and unravel the mystery of Cassie's disappearance, we can make some real headway in helping to bring her home.

That said-believe09, while I think I understand what you're saying re: recreational drug use and trespassing concerns, I think that, speaking for myself, my sole interest is in helping to locate Cassie....not who might be having a party in a field that doesn't belong to them, with illicit substances.

However, the reality is that if area teens are partying in places (especially outdoors) I want to know where and with what types of substances. Not because I want them arrested, but because they are eyes on the ground. Kwim?

And if certain substances are popular, such as mollys...we're talking the potential for some misaccurate recall info. We need kids to feel safe coming forward to say things such as 'there was a glow party on such and such night at xyz....' and anonymously.

Back to tip boxes! Perhaps at several of the popular churches, the high school, etc.

Oriah-you said this much more clearly than I did lol. That was the point I was trying to make as well-the priority is Cassie so peeps shouldnt be worried that they are going to get into trouble. It is important to know the teen hangouts and the activities that occur there.

Tip boxes....I am totally on board with those.

Yes, the October 11 search which was volunteer only. I put in an earlier post that I searched early October because I couldn't recall the exact date. I'm sorry if this confused anyone. I could not attend the LE-organized search because I could not find a sitter. I really do not know too much about the first search.

I do not know of any media information or verified sources mentioning the cell phone pings (I could be wrong), I think this is information that LE is keeping quiet. I do know that the SAR leader for the volunteer search on October 11 confirmed pings in the Casscoe area, thus the foot searches the week before.

I do know that the SAR leader for the volunteer search on October 11 confirmed pings in the Casscoe area, thus the foot searches the week before.

This may be the chatter that stuck with me. I am fairly certain I also saw this on facebook as well as other social media sites. I will find some links-I am in and out all day today so forgive me if I dont get it onto the thread asap.

Long time WS lurker, but I've decided to jump in with both feet, prompted by this case. I have nothing new to bring to the table at this time, but I sure hope Cassie is found soon, and safe! Not sure why, but I'm just stuck on the "cigarette" text.... :thinking:

Screengrab from JVM showing Cassie and pink phone:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203767561602554&set=o.283713581828746&type=1&theater

994baca73b5f9d0c6171a4ff8cf6f730.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member