AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there are 9 users out there- come join us! Please, we won't bite! Cassie needs us all! 4 are guests- get registered & come on in! Together we can get a lot more accomplished! :) :)

I have a straightforward question to ask anyone reading these words. Do you think her disappearance is voluntary?

Unless she had a "go bag" stashed somewhere other than her home, I think her disappearance is not on her own volition.

It's pretty much been taken as a given that
--> she walked out with just her phone, no purse, no charger because (maybe) it was in her purse;
--> wearing clothing that would not be appropriate as the weather cooled - no jacket has been mentioned, shorts have been mentioned, tank top has been mentioned, new boots have been mentioned - that might not have been the best choice in runaway footwear;
--> no one has reported seeing her after she left her home - and the text message is problematic.

On the other hand, if she *had* planned this exit, and had things packed and someone supporting this endeavor, she would not want to look like she was leaving permanently. She could have taken her phone as a red herring - it was expected of her to always be carrying the phone, so leaving it behind would have been a huge red flag.

At fifteen, given some of the horrors that have been insinuated, she could very well be mature and forward-thinking enough to leave and go it on her own. Sadly, I don't think that's the case - but I'd love to be proved wrong!

I wish we were privy to her cell pings and logs.

Another thought, I think if she staged it her phone would have been found somewhere- don't you guys?

Another thought, I think if she staged it her phone would have been found somewhere- don't you guys?

If she were on a road trip it may not be found. It just occurred to me that she had previously lived in Oklahoma. It could be possible she had an old friend from there come and get her. She could have tossed the phone out or at least the SIM card and all traces could be in a ditch anywhere between point A and Point B.

I really think she disappeared not of her own will, but part of me wants to think she is still out there somewhere safe and warm.

I have a straightforward question to ask anyone reading these words. Do you think her disappearance is voluntary?

Sadly, no. I don't think there is much information we have that would point to that scenario.

If she were on a road trip it may not be found. It just occurred to me that she had previously lived in Oklahoma. It could be possible she had an old friend from there come and get her. She could have tossed the phone out or at least the SIM card and all traces could be in a ditch anywhere between point A and Point B.

I really think she disappeared not of her own will, but part of me wants to think she is still out there somewhere safe and warm.

Yes, I would like to think so as well. I was thinking if she staged it she would want people to see her phone & think she was abducted. But then again, who knows what a 15 yr old thinks...

I wish we knew if there was any surveillance pursued and whether it showed her or the people she is connected too. Like it says above, pings and logs would be great. I would LOVE to see her text log for the month prior to going missing.....

About local church youth groups: Cassie had very recently begun coming to the Wednesday night activities at First Baptist because Hunter invited her and brought her. (There are attendance logs signed when they enter.) "Flipside" is where most teens (B, W & H) from the more evangelical churches grades 7-12 have praise song worship with a live band in a large activity center. These are primarily Baptists and non-denominational church kids. (I do think that the Snyders attend Harmony Baptist.) The teens from the more traditional, liturgical churches are split by age. The younger Methodist, Lutheran and Catholic kids usually go to Grand Avenue Methodist while the older teens lean toward First Methodist. With so many small churches that cannot afford paid youth staff alone, we rely on (and support) the programs at the big churches. This is how "our village" provides spiritual opportunities for the kids to fellowship together. It is not unusual for these weekly meetings to have attendance as high as 100 per location. The Apostolic or Holiness churches, as what appear in the picture with the girls in skirts who do not wear makeup or cut their hair, tend to hold their own Sings or Camps on weekends. I am less familiar with them and do not know which church the Comptons regularly attend.

Thank you, and especially for the mention of attendance logs. Very, very good info to have.

Was talking to a friend in LE earlier today, and they mentioned something I realized we haven't discussed much of in Cassie's case (surprising, considering she is a teen. )

Does anyone have any information mentioned in MSM about the recreational drug culture in the area-what is popular currently with teens? I've seen in social media a fair amount of discussion of mollys, ecstacy, glow etc, as well as pot and alcohol, some prescription meds. Parties outdoors and at private residences and such.

Has anyone seen any mention of this in local media?

Was talking to a friend in LE earlier today, and they mentioned something I realized we haven't discussed much of in Cassie's case (surprising, considering she is a teen. )

Does anyone have any information mentioned in MSM about the recreational drug culture in the area-what is popular currently with teens? I've seen in social media a fair amount of discussion of mollys, ecstacy, glow etc, as well as pot and alcohol, some prescription meds. Parties outdoors and at private residences and such.

Has anyone seen any mention of this in local media?

I haven't seen any mention of that at all, in MSM or otherwise when looking around for things on Cassie.

I just watched this video again and realized something...listen to when the reporter Jordan first speaks of LE. He mentions LE is following up on leads OUT OF STATE. Is that just because of family living there or was there reason to believe she was headed there? He also said that "her parents said her phone cut off shortly after" she left...I haven't heard this anywhere else. Has anyone else?

This part of the interview is frustrating to me....so TS' house was a "safe haven" but TS wasn't aware of any issues at home for Cassie until after she disappeared???

Do we know what time Hunter returned home? Is that question allowed?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But you said that she was having issues with the home, somebody at the home?

SNYDER: Be didn`t know about those issues until after -- after the fact.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And how`d you hear about those?

SNYDER: She never gave us any clues or said, "I`m in distress. I need you. I need help." She never gave or led onto anything to that nature.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So is that just, like, neighborhood gossip or something of that nature that she -- where did you hear that?

SNYDER: Well, we just -- it`s not gossip. I just -- I can`t really tell you where that came from.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. But suffice it to say that she was having issues? That`s it.

SNYDER: Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Something regarding the home, and we can`t go any further than that.

SNYDER: Right.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1410/13/ijvm.01.html

Also in the JVM transcript:

SNYDER: He left our house at 6:05, and he got back by 6:45. We live out of town, so it was a little bit of a -- by the time he got there and dropped her off and got back home,

SNYDER: He left our house at 6:05, and he got back by 6:45. We live out of town, so it was a little bit of a -- by the time he got there and dropped her off and got back home,

Thanks, I misread that as he left home at 6:05 and got to Cassie's at 6:45.

So, I have been reading this thread for awhile. Can the young man who dropped her off at home, could he have waited for her to run inside, get changed and then she got back in his car? Could he have helped her run away? Dropped her off at a bus stop or something?

Thinking your question through, would she really be in trouble for leaving home? It didn't seem as she had numerous rules for age. While something may be possible, I wonder more if it is probable? Then thinking of what locals have said regarding searches...I don't think she ran away & it seems LE has determined otherwise.

I agree Oriah. The wording seems rather . . .

I don't even know how to describe how off that is. I mean I can understand in this day and age wanting to reassure people what funds being raised are intended for. People ask this sort of thing. But surely another more tactful way could have been found to assure folks contemplating giving that these funds will benefit Cassie or be used solely on her behalf and not be used by any others?

I just can't fathom mentioning burial expenses on a flyer at this stage. Very strange, shocking, and creepy. Cassie looks so sad in her photos; nobody should be giving up on her.

Hopefully this will answer your questions...
- We wrote our names down on a sheet of paper. We did not present any form of ID.
- Most of the volunteers were on foot. I was on a 4-wheeler with my husband most of the time, except when we were walking around reservoirs and then I was on foot so I could see down the banks. There were about 4 or 5 ATVs involved and 39 volunteers in all. No horseback at this search.
- We had 3 team leaders.
- There was no media present at the search. This was the same day as the balloon release across town and there was media there and mention of the search. There was no mention to us about any contact with media one way or another.
- We were told that if we came across any potential evidence that we were to leave it as is, tell our team leader, and they would call the LE present, which was Assistant Chief.
- I'm not aware of any tagging.

I remember reading something on here about evidence being found around Bayou Meta. Can anyone confirm that or point me to the post? I have heard about the phones pinging in Casscoe but not the other. Can someone elaborate on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee