AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this suggestion. I have passed it on to JC and we will be asking about it tomorrow. If there are any other suggestions please offer them up. I know the SPD is doing a hamburger benefit and we were told they were also planning on passing out fliers at the wings over the prairie festival. It was also mentioned earlier about a tip box. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep this monitored? I'm just figuring out how to use this website so I might be a little illiterate to the rules so please let me know if I have violates any.

Welcome carissa! Thanks for joining and helping STM answer all our questions for locals! Be sure to review the TOS as a lot of what you may say if you know JC may be considered hearsay & will be deleted. Maybe consider getting verified so that you have different regulations than an average user?

There are tons of things that can be done as a mother of the missing and I sure hope that JC will do what she can to initiate them. As you can see in the last few posts the way a case is viewed by the public can turn easily by how she portrays herself and her daughter.

Again, thank you for joining us! We apologize ahead of time if we bombard you with questions!

Thank you for this suggestion. I have passed it on to JC and we will be asking about it tomorrow. If there are any other suggestions please offer them up. I know the SPD is doing a hamburger benefit and we were told they were also planning on passing out fliers at the wings over the prairie festival. It was also mentioned earlier about a tip box. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep this monitored? I'm just figuring out how to use this website so I might be a little illiterate to the rules so please let me know if I have violates any.

What kind of tip box are you talking about? One you would place in stores or one to have available at the hamburger sale?

What kind of tip box are you talking about? One you would place in stores or one to have available at the hamburger sale?

One we could put outside somewhere that anyone could drop a note if they did not want it known they were the one leaving it. We are completely clueless as to where to start. All we know to do is follow any tip given to us and those have started to slow down so anything you suggest we are trying. We just don't know what to do or where to start.

One we could put outside somewhere that anyone could drop a note if they did not want it known they were the one leaving it. We are completely clueless as to where to start. All we know to do is follow any tip given to us and those have started to slow down so anything you suggest we are trying. We just don't know what to do or where to start.

That's where you need a confidential tip line. Even Crimestoppers or something like that where you can also encourage someone to use a pay phone to not be detected. You really shouldn't "monitor" a tip box or people won't want to participate. People may not want to in general if they think it is being video taped from somewhere. That is where a confidential tip line comes into play. A lot of Missing Persons Organizations use them.

That's where you need a confidential tip line. Even Crimestoppers or something like that where you can also encourage someone to use a pay phone to not be detected. You really shouldn't "monitor" a tip box or people won't want to participate. People may not want to in general if they think it is being video taped from somewhere. That is where a confidential tip line comes into play. A lot of Missing Persons Organizations use them.

Ok where do we find out more about a tip line? That sounds more convenient to anyone wanting to offer info anyway. If you are local and want to meet up to help how would I let you know how to get in contact with us?

In order to post some types of information, without a link, it is necessary to be a verified insider on a case. If anyone would like to request verification, here is the process: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

If you have any questions about verification, please send me (or any mod) a pm and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Salem

Salem,

Would it be better for all of us to be verified or just one person. I know a lot of us a pretty computer illiterate including JC.

Ok where do we find out more about a tip line? That sounds more convenient to anyone wanting to offer info anyway. If you are local and want to meet up to help how would I let you know how to get in contact with us?

I WISH I was local. I am actually quite far from you. Is Cassie registered with Klaas Kids? I know they helped with a search but if she registered with them or the Morgan Nick organization they may provide that if she asks. I have seen them mentioned on fliers but if she isn't registered she should consider it. Missing Persons Organizations have a lot of resources to help in these cases & they also have people who are experienced as well. I know that the CUE Center for Missing Persons has a Tip line set up for all cases to use, I have seen it on all their posters, not sure what the other 2 do as a routine.

I can honestly tell you that there is a ton of things that JC can to do help Cassie & help herself feel like she is doing something. I hope that with your help she will see can make a difference. Feel free to Inbox me here if I can help in anyway. :)

Salem,

Would it be better for all of us to be verified or just one person. I know a lot of us a pretty computer illiterate including JC.

Salem may not see this, you are probably best to message her. Unfortunately this isn't like FB where it will send her a notification.

Caring4Many, if I ever go missing I want you to direct my spouse on what to do, you are a wealth of terrific information!

Carissa, hit the exclamation mark at the bottom left of your post, that will alert a mod and get their attention and they can direct you on what to do.

Carissa, hit the exclamation mark at the bottom left of your post, that will alert a mod and get their attention and they can direct you on what to do.

I am using my phone at this time. I won't be back to a computer until tomorrow. It does not show an exclamation on my phone but I did message Salem. Thank you for the help because I am defiantly learning as I go. :)

Caring4Many, if I ever go missing I want you to direct my spouse on what to do, you are a wealth of terrific information!

:loveyou: Please DO NOT go missing! But thank you. Sadly after being around enough missing people you learn a few tricks.

Btw if you are around a few of these feeds you will see there are SO many, many helpful people here! All we all really want is to bring home the missing!

I WISH I was local. I am actually quite far from you. Is Cassie registered with Klaas Kids? I know they helped with a search but if she registered with them or the Morgan Nick organization they may provide that if she asks. I have seen them mentioned on fliers but if she isn't registered she should consider it. Missing Persons Organizations have a lot of resources to help in these cases & they also have people who are experienced as well. I know that the CUE Center for Missing Persons has a Tip line set up for all cases to use, I have seen it on all their posters, not sure what the other 2 do as a routine.

I can honestly tell you that there is a ton of things that JC can to do help Cassie & help herself feel like she is doing something. I hope that with your help she will see can make a difference. Feel free to Inbox me here if I can help in anyway. :)

There is a forum somewhere here on WS that tells you what to do if you have a missing loved one. I will try to find it and add a link.

ETA

I think this is it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?188-Families-of-the-Missing-Resources-helps-tips

hth

I'm so glad to see so much activity on Cassie's thread. Even though we have nothing new from LE or the media, we are blessed with locals who have been very helpful with some added information. Please do get verified, all of you who can, we need all the help we can get.

I've been saddened by the lack of progress in Cassie's case due to inactivity on the parts of people who know her and can make a difference in getting the word out, keeping Cassie in the minds of the town's residents so that even in their every day treks, they will be keeping at eye out for Cassie or anything that might lead to her safe return. IMO, JMO, MOO.

Ok I need help. I am trying to reply to pm but it is telling me I have to clear storage. How do I do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo