AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
STM are there any larger companies in town that normally are charitable? I'm thinking since we don't know moms employer, maybe one of the rice related companies? I know there's a glass graphics place but that seems like a small joint. Wondering if Mom/Cassie's family wouldn't consider talking to them about donating a billboard to put Cassie on, advertise the reward, etc. There appears to be a few in town.

STM are there any larger companies in town that normally are charitable? I'm thinking since we don't know moms employer, maybe one of the rice related companies? I know there's a glass graphics place but that seems like a small joint. Wondering if Mom/Cassie's family wouldn't consider talking to them about donating a billboard to put Cassie on, advertise the reward, etc. There appears to be a few in town.

I am fairly certain that mom does not work. Her car is always at home and her FB page says Disabled under employement.

There are quite a few larger companies (Riceland, Producers, Drummond, Delta Plastics, Stratton Seed, Lennox, Sage V Foods), but I have no idea how charitable they are or if JC has even considered something along those lines. And come to think of it, I can't think of any billboards around here. I'm sure there are but there are none popping into my head.

STM, thank you for that information. Do you know if Cassie went to an alternative school or ABE classes? It is said she was working on her GED and I was wondering how she was going about that.

I am fairly certain that mom does not work. Her car is always at home and her FB page says Disabled under employement.

There are quite a few larger companies (Riceland, Producers, Drummond, Delta Plastics, Stratton Seed, Lennox, Sage V Foods), but I have no idea how charitable they are or if JC has even considered something along those lines. And come to think of it, I can't think of any billboards around here. I'm sure there are but there are none popping into my head.

Below is a list I found, obviously not sure how accurate. It may be a suggest that should be made. If she's as naive as you think she needs help, otherwise her lack of interest makes me think in another direction. Unfortunately. She can't sit idly by & at the same time fault/blame others for acting, ya know?

This should be a list of the majority of billboards in Stuttgart-http://www.billboardpoint.com/outdoor_advertising/Arkansas/Prairie_county/Stuttgart.aspx

Below is a list I found, obviously not sure how accurate. It may be a suggest that should be made. If she's as naive as you think she needs help, otherwise her lack of interest makes me think in another direction. Unfortunately. She can't sit idly by & at the same time fault/blame others for acting, ya know?

This should be a list of the majority of billboards in Stuttgart-http://www.billboardpoint.com/outdoor_advertising/Arkansas/Prairie_county/Stuttgart.aspx

Wow, I should pay attention more often, lol. I guess I just don't pay attention to billboards because I see them all the time and they are part of the everyday landscape. If any billboards are utilized then I believe the corner of Hwy165 and Michigan Ave are the best offering. This is the route into town from both Little Rock and I-40 at Hazen. It is also the closest to Mack's Sport Shop which will be the most populated place in town come the opening week of duck hunting at the end of the month.

I also believe there should be a float for her at the town Christmas Parade which is December 8. I'm sure Tracey Snyder and her posse are already brainstorming all the ways to get Cassie's name out at the Wings Over the Prairie Festival starting November 22. I need to make sure they are also considering either passing out her flyers at Duck Gumbo on the 29th or possibly having different booths display her flyer.

Wow, I should pay attention more often, lol. I guess I just don't pay attention to billboards because I see them all the time and they are part of the everyday landscape. If any billboards are utilized then I believe the corner of Hwy165 and Michigan Ave are the best offering. This is the route into town from both Little Rock and I-40 at Hazen. It is also the closest to Mack's Sport Shop which will be the most populated place in town come the opening week of duck hunting at the end of the month.

I also believe there should be a float for her at the town Christmas Parade which is December 8. I'm sure Tracey Snyder and her posse are already brainstorming all the ways to get Cassie's name out at the Wings Over the Prairie Festival starting November 22. I need to make sure they are also considering either passing out her flyers at Duck Gumbo on the 29th or possibly having different booths display her flyer.

Great info! I think you should make these suggestions to someone! I really wish that JC would do something. No offense I know you think she's naive & sweet but the more she does nothing the more it looks to me that she knows something or was involved in Cassie's disappearance. Even of she truly thinks her child ran away-think about this-if Cassie is out there & ran for whatever reasons she needs to see people care. You look online-what is being said or posted & who from? Not her family or friends, just ppl she doesn't know or had a connection with. JC did post but she hasn't in days and when she did a lot was about her. "Pray for me," "I need support." Again I'm not try on to be offensive but if she is as upset as she wants us to think she could do a better job of showing Cassie that.

Great info! I think you should make these suggestions to someone! I really wish that JC would do something. No offense I know you think she's naive & sweet but the more she does nothing the more it looks to me that she knows something or was involved in Cassie's disappearance. Even of she truly thinks her child ran away-think about this-if Cassie is out there & ran for whatever reasons she needs to see people care. You look online-what is being said or posted & who from? Not her family or friends, just ppl she doesn't know or had a connection with. JC did post but she hasn't in days and when she did a lot was about her. "Pray for me," "I need support." Again I'm not try on to be offensive but if she is as upset as she wants us to think she could do a better job of showing Cassie that.

BBM, I totally agree that's the way it looks. Inactive parents of missing children always get sideways glances, if she wasn't involved, people will always wonder and speculate. Not that it's all about appearances but if people begin to think that mom isn't interested in finding her own daughter, the eagerness of others will soon fade.

BBM, I totally agree that's the way it looks. Inactive parents of missing children always get sideways glances, if she wasn't involved, people will always wonder and speculate. Not that it's all about appearances but if people begin to think that mom isn't interested in finding her own daughter, the eagerness of others will soon fade.

Its already fading. Here we are almost two months later, on page 27 of this thread and we do not know any more now than we knew the day this story broke. I have not heard of a command post being set up with people working the phones and the computers to get all the attention they can get for the case. Where are the people of this small town? Its strange to me that in that small of a town the people are not pulling together more. I have not heard of any new searches and where is Klass Kids? It was ssaid they were in town, did they leave without organizing a search? This is so frustrating.

I wonder how receptive Wilkerson Jewelers would be to using their truck sign that usually sits by the bypass intersection by Mack's ?
I know a lady who works for Wilkerson

The older might not be able to "harbor" her but he could make her disappear. I'd put him under a microscope.

I wonder how receptive Wilkerson Jewelers would be to using their truck sign that usually sits by the bypass intersection by Mack's ?

This is a great idea! I don't know the location but even if they would allow anything to be attributed that would be great.

Another thought I had was there's a glass graphics place-wonder if there are any larger glass buildings that would allow a vinyl build board to be donated & allow it there? Just really thinking on a whim here as I don't know the area or the businesses.

Its already fading. Here we are almost two months later, on page 27 of this thread and we do not know any more now than we knew the day this story broke. I have not heard of a command post being set up with people working the phones and the computers to get all the attention they can get for the case. Where are the people of this small town? Its strange to me that in that small of a town the people are not pulling together more. I have not heard of any new searches and where is Klass Kids? It was ssaid they were in town, did they leave without organizing a search? This is so frustrating.

To add to this-what the public "feels" from a case definitely plays into a cases ability to get publicity. If they see drama, they'll turn away, if the see the family can't be bothered-why should they care? But if they see a team atmosphere working together-ppl want to help & take part, if they can identify with the victim, they want to reach out, or if a family member is asking/pleading for help-they will try to do so. Granted there is the exceptions like Haleigh & Caylee where their parents are silent & the world wants to take care of them. But I think Cassie is too old to render that impression from her case. SHE NEEDS her family & her community to pull together and help her!

This just makes me so sad for Cassie....

The drama on the missing pages is a huge turn off. No one wants to get involved if missing pages are a popularity contest. There should be 1 facebook page open to the public and moderated by several people. It should be shared and shared and shared and updated daily with pictures of Cassie and reminders that she's still missing. When missing pages seem to be about the person who set them up instead of the missing person, then they aren't helpful.

IMO, JMO, MOO

The drama on the missing pages is a huge turn off. No one wants to get involved if missing pages are a popularity contest. There should be 1 facebook page open to the public and moderated by several people. It should be shared and shared and shared and updated daily with pictures of Cassie and reminders that she's still missing. When missing pages seem to be about the person who set them up instead of the missing person, then they aren't helpful.

IMO, JMO, MOO
I am not religious but I say a BIG AMEN to that!

IMO, JMO, MOO

I agree, it gives the public one place to get info and go to for info. I do think though that other platforms need to be used like twitter, google+, Instagram, etc to reach other viewers. Especially in today's works where most teens & young adults are pulling away from FB.

IMO, JMO, MOO

I have tried to help them and it seems like they are more of a clique. It's like they don't want others to step up and help because 'some of the limelight' might be stolen. They have sworn up and down on the page that it is just about Cassie, but it sure doesn't seem that way. They have deleted quite a few people from their FB page because they have voiced their opinion and have raised concerns about how they are doing things. Instead of discussing things in an adult manner, they have all ganged up on that person and then deleted them. Unfortunately, there are no actual leaders in Stuttgart who have taken to putting a real operation together.

I have no idea if Klaas is still in town. There was no to-do made about their presence in town. That's the problem, there is no to-do about Cassie much anymore. The only reason I can imagine the lack of LE publicity is if they already have all they need for a conviction and are waiting for that person to slip up and lead them to her... otherwise why in the world would they be so quiet and seem so uninvolved. It seems like they don't care.

Thank you for this suggestion. I have passed it on to JC and we will be asking about it tomorrow. If there are any other suggestions please offer them up. I know the SPD is doing a hamburger benefit and we were told they were also planning on passing out fliers at the wings over the prairie festival. It was also mentioned earlier about a tip box. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to keep this monitored? I'm just figuring out how to use this website so I might be a little illiterate to the rules so please let me know if I have violates any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1