AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of it the other way around. That it may be how she was able to afford it. I know my niece is 13, has one of these & traded hers on after a year. It was worth a bit sure but if you wer a person w a contract carrier you didn't have to pay as much.
Also if someone sold or to a pawn shop or another option mentioned earlier or could have been a lot easier to afford. From many feeds on google it's not hard to use a used/older phone for straight talk & straight talk seems to advertise it as an option.

Re: pawn shops (and resale online such as the swap I mentioned, craigslist, etc) I don't see her ditching it either. But I can see it being taken off of her. And turning up elsewhere- as believe09 mentioned, even within a circle of friends. Acquisitions of robbery often end up for sale online, or in pawn shops. Sure would be nice to know the serial #.

Part of me wonders of they haven't found it. I don't know, the silence from LE is deafening...

I think I'm going to do a little research on that today. See what phones were sold when, from what locations, with what batch serial #s. I think Cassie's phone is super important here...and not only for the records.
If anyone knows of any other electronic devices in the residence, please share. I wonder what sort of media was being uploaded and downloaded amd shared.

On September 10, 2013, Apple unveiled two new iPhone models during a highly anticipated press event in Cupertino. The iPhone 5C, a mid-range-priced version of the handset that is designed to increase accessibility due to its price is available in five colors (green, blue, yellow, pink, and white) and is made of plastic. The iPhone 5S comes in three colors (black, white, and gold) and the home button is replaced with a fingerprint scanner (Touch ID). Both phones shipped on September 20, 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Would Cassie's phone have the fingerprint scanner? If so, then no one would be able to access the phone. Correct?

I think I'm going to do a little research on that today. See what phones were sold when, from what locations, with what batch serial #s. I think Cassie's phone is super important here...and not only for the records.
If anyone knows of any other electronic devices in the residence, please share. I wonder what sort of media was being uploaded and downloaded amd shared.

Oriah did you see this photo posted yesterday? Not sure if it's hers but looks like a different phone. Not really able to tell what kind though....
21f43751a5e2c2aec5dd7de9b26d5572.jpg

I agree, Caring.

If LE has possession of the phone, or knowledge of its' whereabouts, I can imagine only one scenario where it might be imperative to keep that info from the public- and in particular from SAR.

A bit perplexing...and very worrisome to me, if true.

So I'm going to work with the assumption that it has not been located as of yet.

On September 10, 2013, Apple unveiled two new iPhone models during a highly anticipated press event in Cupertino. The iPhone 5C, a mid-range-priced version of the handset that is designed to increase accessibility due to its price is available in five colors (green, blue, yellow, pink, and white) and is made of plastic. The iPhone 5S comes in three colors (black, white, and gold) and the home button is replaced with a fingerprint scanner (Touch ID). Both phones shipped on September 20, 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

Would Cassie's phone have the fingerprint scanner? If so, then no one would be able to access the phone. Correct?

I think that was only the 5s not the 5c version. The 5c was in pretty colors & geared toward kids/teens, the 5s was the black & metallic geared toward the more high end customers. I understood those to have that capability.

I think that was only the 5s not the 5c version. The 5c was in pretty colors & geared toward kids/teens, the 5s was the black & metallic geared toward the more high end customers. I understood those to have that capability.

Thanks, I stopped using apple last year and switched to the Note. My spouse is the only one in our family still using apple and he is still using the 4S so I was not sure how things were beyond that phone model.

Oriah did you see this photo posted yesterday? Not sure if it's hers but looks like a different phone. Not really able to tell what kind though....
21f43751a5e2c2aec5dd7de9b26d5572.jpg

This stark blond hairstyle is older (before the 5 series Iphones came out). I notice the black T-shirt looks a lot like those that came out to promote the "Hunger Games" movie. Also, the siding on the house is not like the siding on her current home. (Obviously, this is not a selfie but taken by someone else.)

Also, is there any mention anywhere of an argument or discipline action re: Cassie's phone? Perhaps the reason why her mom was posting that she added minutes, was because taking away minutes or phonetime or the phone itself was a disciplinary threat or action in their household? And Cassie was angry about that? Or perhaps mom did not have the resources to fund minutes, and Cassie was angry about that?

I have an Iphone 5c. Not fingerprint locked and very affordable with a contract upgrade. Hth.

Duck hunting season begins 11/22 and deer(gun) season starts Saturday, the 8th - both require a license/stamps. Where can they be purchased and are there flyers at those places? I know Walmart in my town does, liquor stores, hunting supplies businesses - did anyone ever say if there are flyers at Mack's? There is at least one nightclub in town, The Refuge, and maybe more that I don't remember - back in my day, these places were filled with the hunters..are there flyers there? Regarding the phone, I have Straight talk and use an android phone and have to buy the unlimited package($50) - all of the "smart" phones have to purchase that amount. The packages last 30 days from time of purchase and can be refilled with a card from WM, from your phone with a debit card, or online. I know that all of my people, 20 miles from Stuttgart, try and find a phone that uses Verizon towers, because of signal/reception issues. You all are awesome!

Duck hunting season begins 11/22 and deer(gun) season starts Saturday, the 8th - both require a license/stamps. Where can they be purchased and are there flyers at those places? I know Walmart in my town does, liquor stores, hunting supplies businesses - did anyone ever say if there are flyers at Mack's? There is at least one nightclub in town, The Refuge, and maybe more that I don't remember - back in my day, these places were filled with the hunters..are there flyers there? Regarding the phone, I have Straight talk and use an android phone and have to buy the unlimited package($50) - all of the "smart" phones have to purchase that amount. The packages last 30 days from time of purchase and can be refilled with a card from WM, from your phone with a debit card, or online. I know that all of my people, 20 miles from Stuttgart, try and find a phone that uses Verizon towers, because of signal/reception issues. You all are awesome!

I went to Wal-Mart several times while I was there and never noticed a missing flyer. Could have been but I did not see one. MACK'S is an excellent idea! That place will be packed with ppl from all over the country for the next several weeks.
I am going back to Stuttgart the week of Thanksgiving and if some one will tell me how to get the flyers I would be more than happy to post some.
Can any one here tell me how to get my hands on some flyers? LE or maybe the newspaper? I have no idea. TIA

NCMEC may be able to help but I think theirs should be updated w a photo if her scar at least. Actually all versions should & her phone. Jmo

Most times LE doesn't provide posters, family or a Missing persons org coordinates that. A lot of times a local printer will donate them.

That is my concern too Caring. Maybe before I go there will be an updated one.
Thank you for the information.

I wonder if Cassie has a life insurance policy. Just because the odd flyer states expenses will be spent on burial if needed does not mean she does not have a policy.

That is my concern too Caring. Maybe before I go there will be an updated one.
Thank you for the information.

If you are not able to locate any to put up before you go let me know, I will download the latest one and print you some on my printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim