AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twinmom96, do you know if KK has set up the community for further searches and information gathering? If so, are there any gaps that need to be filled in, such as ways to manage tip boxes, locations, etc? TIA if you know.

They need to keep their search information off the record for a little while longer. I can say they are helping with the tip line and directing us on the tip boxes as well as the posters. It has been a very productive and BUSY day.

They need to keep their search information off the record for a little while longer. I can say they are helping with the tip line and directing us on the tip boxes as well as the posters. It has been a very productive and BUSY day.

Did you see that Oriah reopened the SAR thread and was looking for a new flier if you have now?

And BR never called LE.

If Br never saw her and called Hunters house How come Judy spoke to her thru the door.
Nothing at all adds up here.

It has actually been verified and corrected that BR did in fact go to the PD that evening and an officer took the statement. Another officer came to the home the next day to find out what was going on after being called by TS.

It has actually been verified and corrected that BR did in fact go to the PD that evening and an officer took the statement. Another officer came to the home the next day to find out what was going on after being called by TS.

Do we know what time that was? Wondering how long that BR waited before going.

Except we actually haven't heard anything from Hunter. We've only heard from Tracey.

I personally would love to hear from Hunter. As far as I have seen he has been pretty scarce in all this. I find this odd since it was a friend. If one of my childrens friends were missing they would be first in line to help. JMO

If it helps on one of the interviews with TS she said that Cassie did not speak to them, hug them or talk to HS all the way home. I know she was texting JC but not sure why she was not speaking to the other family. Could this be anything?

If I didn't know anything else I would read that as a straight up tiff between she and he. It can often be disappointing when a friend develops a crush and he was the one you relied on for relief from all of that, and when his family is also a sanctuary, now where do you go?

This is from an old married guy by the way. But I am one who gets it I think? Yeah, I was the go-to guy. A slippery slope.

LE did not go to JC's house until Monday morning to take a report, she told me that herself, TS has also said that in one of her interviews. I would think that if she was reported missing Sunday night then LE would be there shortly after to take a report and get things moving. IF she was reported missing Sunday night and LE did not think it important enough to check it out until the next morning, then there is something else wrong with the picture.

Ok finally what I was looking for. What is "protocol"? LE has corrected that BR did come to the station Sunday night and spoke with a male and female officer. The male officer took the information on his notebook and called his superior. Then the officer drove around and looked but the superior did not come to Cassie's home until the next morning. I feel they should have taken this more seriously from the beginning. As of this past week the regional chief officer has been in and they called JC to the station to do a handwritten statement. What is this for at such a late date. This superior officer said that the ball was dropped but what do we do not to pick the ball back up?

On the topic of vehicles:

Did Cassie drive? Did she have a permit, and did she drive the family car? Or anyone's car? Who drove the family car?

Cassie did not drive and the car is JC but BR has driven it occasionally with or without permission. Most of the time you see him riding his bicycle.

Ok finally what I was looking for. What is "protocol"? LE has corrected that BR did come to the station Sunday night and spoke with a male and female officer. The male officer took the information on his notebook and called his superior. Then the officer drove around and looked but the superior did not come to Cassie's home until the next morning. I feel they should have taken this more seriously from the beginning. As of this past week the regional chief officer has been in and they called JC to the station to do a handwritten statement. What is this for at such a late date. This superior officer said that the ball was dropped but what do we do not to pick the ball back up?
I knew that an officer did not come to the house until the next morning, JC and a couple others confirmed that. Judy did not say anything to me about BR going to the police station, just that someone (not sure of the name, but not BR) called LE.

TY, SmallTownMomma-so I am puzzled by the Letter to the Editor. Unless the writer defines "night she went missing" as something different. If so, we are all operating on a different timeline....

JC is self disclosing her crime which caused her to be registered as a sex offender-that must have been hard to do and I applaud that she brought it up herself. It is hard to know what is material to Cassie's disappearance, so it is good to address the speculation.

If it was disclosed that Cassie was bipolar which is a medical diagnosis and can only be diagnosed with the appropriate testing, then I am confused as to why she wasnt considered endangered missing right out of the gate but that ship has sailed, right, so we should deal with what we have now.

I wish we knew if the outfit she was last known to be wearing was a description given by those who saw her before she went home or it was something her mom assumed/believed she changed in to.... ??

OK it is my understanding that Cassie's wardrobe was gathered using the power of deduction...what was missing. Now we know the cowboy boots were worn because she did not have a vast shoe collection like some girls.

Do we know what time that was? Wondering how long that BR waited before going.

I will have to look at the report and get back to you on that after the meeting. I don't want to estimate or try to remember. I want it to be accurate.

I will have to look at the report and get back to you on that after the meeting. I don't want to estimate or try to remember. I want it to be accurate.

Thank you, I appreciate you answering the question, in addition to your desire for accuracy!

I knew that an officer did not come to the house until the next morning, JC and a couple others confirmed that. Judy did not say anything to me about BR going to the police station, just that someone (not sure of the name, but not BR) called LE.

The officer confirmed that he rode his bicycle to the police station. (Admin. is it ok to post officers name or initialls?)

Okay, thank you for clarifying that. I was getting a little worried because I have no idea why BR would be removed as a suspect. The clarification makes much more sense.

Also, I was just reading comments on the news FB page connected to the video interview posted above. Someone mentioned that BR was on the porch with two friends when Cassie returned home Sunday night.
I have not heard this anywhere before, has anyone else? If this is true then that throws up many red flags (accomplices, access to another vehicle, wider knowledge of the area and possible places for stashing her, and so much more). I hope this isn't true because if so then it makes this case so much trickier. If anyone knows of this information would you please post verification.

Why would cassie ask her mom if "are you home" In her text
If she was not home, would she have stayed at her friends longer. Cassie did not trust him!

If BR was on the porch with his friends maybe they were drinking, and one of his friends gave her a ride to the store.
It would be great to get that verified.

I wonder if this was a mistake & it should have a "not" in this sentence. I am sure one or both are considered suspects, but I have a suspefind of the last number of years LE do not come out & state if they ct until they are ready to arrest someone. Even calling anyone a POI is unusual until just before an arrest. I think there are two very good reasons for this:

1. The suspect clams-up & may get a lawyer
2. Liability issues

I can only gather either the press made a mistake on the sentence or we should see an arrest very soon. Any thoughts?

http://www.katv.com/story/27331290/cassie-comptons-mother-opens-up-about-past

"Detective Lieutenant Mark Duke of the Stuttgart Police Department said Judy and Brandon are still considered suspects."

Same here in my area. "At this time we do not have a suspect or a person of interest..." or something of that nature is said by LE when asked. Or either they simply say, "No comment," and that makes folks think they're about to arrest someone. It's a no-win for LE and everybody else. They keep it tight until they have someone in custody. Makes sense, but it surely is frustrating, isn't it?

For anyone who would like to volunteer in any way to help in the search for Cassie Compton please join us at The Country Gossip tomorrow at 2:00 pm. All ages and skills welcomed and appreciated. Please share with everyone. We need your talents and what areas you feel you would be most helpful.

I don't find it unusual at all that the adult household members have not been cleared. Really, lacking some sort of independent verification of the accounts by those adults, the only thing LE has is their word as to what happened.

I find one adult in the household more suspect than another but that is not due to any specific facts in this case, it is more based in years of case following and statistics coupled with some comments by mom about BF.

Yep, same here. From the git-go.

We'll see....

I dropped by this thread as a missing flier for Cassie showed up on my FB newsfeed. I ended up reading the entire thread, but I may have missed some things. FWIW, I am originally from a small town in southwestern AR approx. 2 hours away. Many folks from our town would go to Stuttgart to hunt. Someone mentioned the movie 'Mud' up thread being an example of the local terrain. I'd say anything in the southeastern 1/4 of the state looks like the same. My ex-husband is from Lake Village and I used to hate that drive because there is literally no scenery other than flat delta, catfish farms, and lots of farms in general. It's a pretty barren part of the state.

All that being said, I'd be interested to know if it was common to see Cassie walking places? If so, on any of those occasions, were there ever any friends seen walking with her? Being from a small town, someone would notice. I don't know how many times my mother would get home from work and be able to tell me where I'd been/what I'd been doing that day. lol It seems people noticed BR riding his bike around and per the mother, Cassie would walk when she'd have mood swings. Was that frequently? I also I began smoking at a younger age than Cassie. That was years ago when kids could buy cigarettes. However, we couldn't buy alcohol but that didn't stop us! We'd get someone of age to buy for us or we'd hang out around the outside of whatever store and pay someone a little extra to buy for us. Also, if the mom wasn't okay with Cassie smoking in the home, maybe she stashed cigarettes somewhere in something weather proof. I wonder if there is a spot she'd go to just to "hang out"? Was Cassie just wandering around or did she have a destination in mind when she'd go walking? I'm basically just wondering and throwing things out here for general info. Do any of the locals know of a park area, teen meeting spot (where I live now it's a skate park), etc.?

I'm also curious how the mom came to live in Stuttgart? From what I understand she lived in OK where her past issues occurred and someone (not sure if it was here or FB) mentioned not her not having much family. How/where did she meet BR? Did BR grow up in Stuttgart? It was mentioned Judy had her employment listed as "disabled", but was BR employed?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just saddened by the fact Cassie isn't getting the attention she deserves. I ran away (more than once) when I was a little younger than her. From what's being said/reported, I had a very similar life as a teen. TIA for any answers/insight! Hoping today is the day Cassie is found safe!

How big is the property that her mothers house is on ?

How much soft soil is there within a few hundred yard radius of the home ? Is there a crawl space under the house ?

Is there a patch of woods or overgrown vegetation nearby ?

She disappeared in the evening.....her mom was sick in bed.......darkness was coming on.........perfect time to dig and hide something.

Who knows if the mother was in and out of sleep and for how many hours, especially if taking flu meds.

Search the obvious ! Crawl under the house, bring in cadaver dogs, look for recently disturbed grass or vegetation in the yard.

If this is a criminal act..........then she is still right there under their noses.

I think the statement about JC and BR being suspects is very specific. It isnt subtle, it is very direct. It doesnt include anyone else. FWIW, it seems pretty reasonable to believe that LE means exactly that. At this point LE is sharing what they think.

I would love to see the incident report and/or the police report from Sunday night and Monday. They are a matter of public record and they could be redacted and added to the thread. I think it would add quite a bit to this discussion so we can create a timeline. A timeline is really really important here. Anyone who has it can PM a mod or one of our other sleuthers if they need help adding it to the thread.

Is the community search going to include members of LE and SAR from KK or the FBI? Is there a targeted area, and does anyone know what caused that particular area to be chosen?

Thank you so much to our locals who are working so hard to help with our understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie