AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wagon: out of lurk mode stargazer. Good to have you join us. That is a really good point about why not have HS stop enroute to let her run in a pick up some smokes. Why get dropped at home via a car and then turn right around and leave on foot for cigs?

Something in the house was not right and she needed to leave quickly would be one theory. Something she did not know about on the way home or until she got inside. Having her phone but no charger - she wanted to talk to someone privately and did not expect to be gone long enough to need it. We can tell by the comment she was heard coming in and her Mom called out Hi Baby Girl that the walls in the small house were thin. Cigs were an excuse but it has been mentioned before it was possibly a signal. I wonder, there was someone who said that the cigarette text was sent to HS. As HS is a new driver would she be expecting him to come back? If she knew his mother and the 'new driver' theory is correct - not much chance unless they talked about a problem situation on the way home and she was just letting him know she had to get out of the house because something worse happend regarding the situation they arleady talked about or was just not ready to come home after all.

Hmmm...

https://www.facebook.com/missinggirlreginawoodward

Sorry about so many but I have been up to other things.

Many of you have mentioned the lack of local or even non-local attention. This is not the worst one I have looked at. I reminded of Regina Woodward. Went missing July 1, 2013. Last FB post on her missing page was in May 2014.
If you guys know any thing else about this one you can message me if you like.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?217261-AR-Regina-Woodward-30-Franklin-County-1-July-2013&highlight=Regina+Woodward

Reward fund is at $115.00

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141014/News/141019848#ixzz3J46c6uHW
In this article we get the time line from JC on what happened. JC was in her bedroom and did not see Cassie come in she just heard her that night.

Then the next morning actions:

The next morning when she found that she wasn’t in her bedroom she started texting Cassie. After no quick response, she sent anothe text. Then she started calling. Her mother said Cassie always answered her phone — text or call. Even if she was hanging with friends, like some teenagers do and ignore that phone call from mom, she never did.

“I called friends to see if she was there and she wasn’t,” she explains. It was then that worry began to set in and law enforcement was called.

She also 'explained' she 'believed' what clothing Cassie was wearing.

We don't know what PD said to them but they could have said (since she was a previous run a way) come down and file a report. Since she has run away before lets give it 3 days since she was gone about 3 days before. (Which

This is just so baffling!! I thought it was verified BR reported her missing the night before at the PD?!

Just read through both of Cassie's threads. Amazingly sad story. Find myself hoping she ran away, although I don't believe that is the case.

Now that I am caught up, I had a thought about this article and the timeline. In the video where JC sits down with a reporter to talk- maybe in a restaurant- she states that Cassie came home, then she (JC) fell asleep. She says she woke up at 8:12 (I think...), realized Cassie was gone, then started trying to contact her. This is JMO and all that, but I think the reporter who wrote this article may have thought JC meant 8:12 am Monday, but I think it was 8:12 pm Sunday. Just my guess as I've known many MSM stories to have inaccuracies in them, and other than this detail, the story lines up with the timeline we already have. Cassie gets home 6:20ish, leaves (maybe) 7ish, JC wakes up at 8:12 and realizes CC is missing, phone calls to TS begin around 9:15.

Of course, if my theory is correct, I don't know why JC wouldn't contact the paper with a correction.

Again...JMO, MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Referencing a TS FB post on the first Monday night, Cassie's phone became inoperable or changed the way it was responding to calls a few hours after last text:

"Her phone has been off (or died) since around 10:30 p.m."
(September 15 at 9:34 p.m.)

Could it have been tossed in water after foul play? Maybe just the phone, not Cassie, was taken out to Casscoe much later.

This is exactly what we are talking about. Didnt JC say in one interview or on her FB page that the phone was out of minutes? HUH? Which is it??

I think it is possible that am/pm was a mistake, except it was then repeated in a different article on a different day. Another one where JC was interviewed.

So, when was she reported missing, and actually reported at all?

One of our VI's indicated that they had seen a police report filed when BR pedaled to PD on the night of 9/14. The words were that it was verified that there was a report made. As soon as Twinmom lets us know about the FOIA request, we will have a better idea of what the timeline is according to BR and perhaps JC...at least what they communicated to SPD.

Twinmom96
user-offline.png
Verified Insider - Cassie Compton

The officer confirmed that he rode his bicycle to the police station. (Admin. is it ok to post officers name or initialls?)​

Respectfully snipped

This was in response to Caring4Mom's question about when BR made his report:

Twinmom96

user-offline.png
Verified Insider - Cassie Compton Case

I will have to look at the report and get back to you on that after the meeting. I don't want to estimate or try to remember. I want it to be accurate.​

Is anyone else feeling a little bit exasperated and a whole lot sad here? There are resources available to help. In fact, once LE got on board the FBI and Klaas Kids showed up. Now, nothing. Seemingly no plan for a flurry of activity. An end to the pleas for help, no specific consistent details available really at all about Cassie. I just dont understand it. I wish someone could help me understand the apathy here.

STM, you mentioned a fire at Cassie's house-can you narrow down the date as in before or after she disappeared? Ballpark it if you dont have the specifics. :)

I think we can disregard the scenario of BR being on the porch with 2 friends when Cassie returned home. I have not seen that reported or mentioned anywhere besides on a news forum by one person. HS had said that BR was on the front porch when Cassie walked up to the house and that they saw each other, there was never a mention in any MSM or mentionings around Stuttgart that there were 2 friends there. I think JC would have mentioned that to me when I asked, even as a method of deflection.

I also don't see much possibility of using the dumpster at the car wash. The car wash is well lit at night and the laundromat and car wash is 24 hours, and used quite frequently, even throughout the night. There are also working cameras on the exterior of the building and I'm pretty sure BR and JC would be aware of this living so close to it.

The curbside trashed is picked up on Monday and Thursday mornings that their house. I had previously mentioned a small fire at their house. I am unsure of the date. I spoke to my grandfather (who was a block away) about it again and he reiterated what happened. There were a few LE vehicles at the house for close to an hour, about 30 minutes or so after LE left he noticed smoke, the fire department came up seconds later, put out a fire and left. I am not sure where the fire was located. (IMO, this could have been when they became suspects or when LE started asking questions about happenings within the home. To me, a fire is very suspicious.) I have no idea if LE followed back up at the home after the fire. My grandfather left and doesn't know what happened after that.

I will try and get some photos of places that were searched on October 18 but it will be sometime this weekend before I can.

Bump from the previous page...

Maybe Judy was unaware that BR had pedaled madly to PD. Sure is starting to feel like Judy wasnt awake for much of this night after Cassie returned home. I was surprised, tbh, when Twinmom indicated that there was a police report which confirmed that BR had spoken with police on the night of 9/14. Because articles like this one seemed to indicate Cassie wasnt reported missing until the following day.

I can see where the article might read like Cassie was sick in bed ninij9. I think we have all been operating on the assumption that Judy was in bed sick when Cassie came home...

Interesting premise to consider...

That it was Cassie in bed in her room... Instead of JC...

JMO...

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109790/0/SEARCH/?Start=1

Interesting comment from the article:
"A few weeks ago a young lady told me that she takes all of her skeletons out of her closet herself so no one can use them against her. We all have a past and the anti-bullying motto, “You may know my name but you don’t know my story,” has never rang more true to me than now. Adults can be bullied as well as kids and it hurts the same. Please pray for this family. Get to know this family for the positive. Maybe use your own story to help someone else. You don’t know what the future holds for your loved ones. Through this I have made a great friend who is kind, gentle, has an awesome faith in God and has every right to feel Cassie is alive somewhere. Let’s find her together."

Could this bullied comment be the source of the Butthead comment from JC? Not only a control freak but a bully to them both?

If she came home to him maybe it started again and she 'left to find some cigarettes.'

Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/News/141109790#ixzz3J6BSRRKQ

STM, you mentioned a fire at Cassie's house-can you narrow down the date as in before or after she disappeared? Ballpark it if you dont have the specifics. :)

Definitely after she disappeared... probably end of September, first of October.

Well I don't know if it is legal or if it will do any good but I sent Leigh, the reporter, an email about the time line of Cassie going missing, and who reported her missing and when. Might not get an answer if at all until Monday though.

Well, I'll make a call for the 4 guests to register up and join us in the discussion. Love to have you on board!

I was scrolling through the Little Rock TV news station FB pages earlier....Nothing about Cassie - not a peep! This is so maddening!! What is the family doing? It was mentioned somewhere up thread that a door to door flier campaign was in the works before/around the time of this weekend's event in Stuttgart...I don't recall if it was the family or volunteers or both that were doing it. My friends/family in AR were posting pics of snow (SW and S. Central AR) and all I could think of was Cassie being in shorts.

One of my sons is autistic; he's 12 and has "wandered" most of his life. When he was little we were lucky to have watchful, caring neighbors, high interior locks, and alarms since he liked to sneak out after we were asleep. However since he's gotten older he will be outside playing and decide to go on what he now calls an "adventure". I had to call 911 last year while my husband drove neighborhoods...Folks, I panicked and was hysterical! I'm so thankful to the 911 operator because she was able to get me to focus and then it became a more determined, focused "panic", if that makes sense. I'd love to see that here...For people to be so driven, focused, and organized to find Cassie that her face would be plastered everywhere! I feel the need to do something to help but I have no clue what to do as an "outsider" and very novice sleuther!

SaucyGal, I feel your frustration, there are several of us who have felt so frustrated with this case. The meeting last week..... It was volunteers and the mother was present. Today they are having a two month prayer vigil and porch light vigil. Information and pictures are on the facebook page. They set up teams to do things but I've really seen no other updates on that. Hopefully we will start seeing more action.

Like you I keep thinking of Cassie being in shorts. I left my home today to run some errands and it was cold, I had to wear a hoodie... And Cassie was who I was thinking of as I prepared to leave, as I was in the cold.... IF she alive somewhere I hope someone is providing her with warm clothes and food.

Btw.. I had a wonderer child myself. He's grown now and still wonders off, it drives his GF crazy because he will wonder off and leave his cell at home.

Charlie5, anyone can reach out with a news tip and I appreciate you making the leap for Cassie!! Great work.

((hugs)) to you mother's of wanderers. I can imagine the stress of that...I can say fwiw that the reaction to Cassie's disappearance makes far more sense to me if she wasn't reported until Monday morning because JC woke up and realized that Cassie wasn't in her bed. Everything makes more sense to me if that is the case, including possibly why she hasn't been found yet. So I think that is a crucial piece of the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member