AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if SFD responded to a fire at the Compton home, there has to be a log of it. Just like there are logs for police responses to various incidents in and around town. Perhaps part of the investigation for any journalist doing background on Cassies story could include police logs that include the individuals living in the house and visits to the house.

What I would be looking for, other than the incident reports, logs and MP reports associated with Cassie's disappearance, are CPS cases open and closed logged in AR or OK, moving vehicle violations, domestic calls, nuisance things like disturbing the peace calls....stuff like that. Anything that might give a picture of the volatility in that home. KWIM?

The local papers carry police and fire logs as well...I will comb them to see what I can find. If anyone can pinpoint it faster, I would appreciate it. Locals, fire logs should fall into the same open records request (Freedom of Information Act) as the police logs and incident reports. If anyone gets a chance to make the requests and receives the material, you can shoot it to me via my email if you want and I can put them on the thread. If not me, then anyone else such as a mod or even one of our SAR folks like Oriah for example.

If anyone catches wind of search efforts or flyer drops, I would love to hear about it!!

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109790/0/SEARCH/?Start=1

Interesting comment from the article:
"A few weeks ago a young lady told me that she takes all of her skeletons out of her closet herself so no one can use them against her. We all have a past and the anti-bullying motto, “You may know my name but you don’t know my story,” has never rang more true to me than now. Adults can be bullied as well as kids and it hurts the same. Please pray for this family. Get to know this family for the positive. Maybe use your own story to help someone else. You don’t know what the future holds for your loved ones. Through this I have made a great friend who is kind, gentle, has an awesome faith in God and has every right to feel Cassie is alive somewhere. Let’s find her together."

Could this bullied comment be the source of the Butthead comment from JC? Not only a control freak but a bully to them both?

If she came home to him maybe it started again and she 'left to find some cigarettes.'

Read more: http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/News/141109790#ixzz3J6BSRRKQ

Funny I don't see him as a Bully!
I see a kid trying to be a grown up! big man in the house!
Mr. Gone like a whisper in the wind!

I think he likes to hear himself talk.

She is old Enuff to be his mother!

this case can turn many ways.
BF was molesting Cassie.
Mom Jealous of Cassie.
Cassie ran away.
Mom did it
BF did it
Cassies friend did it.

I know where I cast my vote!

To explain (not defend) what someone called "local apathy" -- I think we have the circumstance of an "invisible" homeschooled child with parents who did not work outside the home. Although there had been one or two instances (semesters?) of trying to attend public school since they arrived in Stuttgart a few years ago, outside of the quiet neighborhood or small church, most students or parents did not know Cassie or her mother as more than acquaintances. "Who is she?" is being asked over and over when I am able to talk about her with a personality. There is the pocket of ladies at the Gossip Shop restaurant who have befriended JC and are trying to support her regardless of her past. I am trying to support Cassie as a former teacher who saw her struggle to adjust in junior high. We have NOT HAD ANY communication to the public from LE to confirm or deny rumors that have yoyo-ed for two months. My youngest daughter found evidence near our farm, we called it in and we want answers to sleep better at night. I am very matter-of-fact with my own girls when it comes to matters of death and violence. (Our family has experienced both while they were young.) But other parents are more protective and don't want to jump on the wrong spoke of the rumor wheel . . . DENIAL is the first step in the grief process. We see lots of denial that Cassie may be deceased among the adults closest to JC. Other teens and their parents may want to avoid the concept/discussion about on-going sexual abuse being a possibility in the home. BARGAINING is the third grief phase. The general public is here wanting her to be alive, wanting her to be placed in a safe environment if found, but realizing odds are that her body is hidden and remains need to be graphically analyzed to attempt justice. A church can hold a beautiful funeral service for our community to grieve together when a teen dies in an accident or of illness, but the ugliness and the confusion (or ignorance) of details in this case are a reality we have not dealt with before. We've skipped the ANGER phase, and might have to go back to phase 1 or 2 if/when Cassie is found to fully process the tragedy.

To explain (not defend) what someone called "local apathy" -- I think we have the circumstance of an "invisible" homeschooled child with parents who did not work outside the home. Although there had been one or two instances (semesters?) of trying to attend public school since they arrived in Stuttgart a few years ago, outside of the quiet neighborhood or small church, most students or parents did not know Cassie or her mother as more than acquaintances. "Who is she?" is being asked over and over when I am able to talk about her with a personality. There is the pocket of ladies at the Gossip Shop restaurant who have befriended JC and are trying to support her regardless of her past. I am trying to support Cassie as a former teacher who saw her struggle to adjust in junior high. We have NOT HAD ANY communication to the public from LE to confirm or deny rumors that have yoyo-ed for two months. My youngest daughter found evidence near our farm, we called it in and we want answers to sleep better at night.

Respectfully snipped

Thank you for your candor got4. Has the evidence you located been linked to the investigation and can you bullet point what it was? It may help us get a fuller picture of possible locations-we could throw some more grids up for thoughts.

I do want to let you know that I have had contact with Stuttgart PD. I found them remarkably open and incredibly receptive to any and all information regarding Cassie's case. No one, locals or outsiders, should hesitate to reach out to them for any reason. No piece of information is too small and all of the officers I have spoken with are well versed in details of her case. They WELCOME input. :)

Respectfully snipped

Thank you for your candor got4. Has the evidence you located been linked to the investigation and can you bullet point what it was? It may help us get a fuller picture of possible locations-we could throw some more grids up for thoughts.

LE has not confirmed anything or talked to me since Oct. 6. Klaas Kids spoke to me on Oct. 12 and 14. Our find was deep on PRIVATE property only accessed by private roads. Neighbors and I spent two weekends / four days in boots looking for more. And at risk of getting "scolded" for FINALLY posting publicly, I will say it was a partially full Gatorade bottle, a teddy bear, drape panels (no blood), two shirts and toiletries tossed under a bridge in two bags (one a tote and one a leopard print duffel). This area has very little traffic and very little trash as less than a dozen well-known to me people have regular access to the farm fields beyond the locked gate. Because there was no blood, we considered the supplies could have been used to move Cassie if she were suffocated or maybe even drugged unconscious if she were being "shipped" off. (Yes, I have stared at multiple pictures on FB multiple times trying to see if the drapes or teddy bear were in any of Cassie's pictures.) These were found the same afternoon as the LE Casscoe search; that's part of why I am privy to some Casscoe info, too.

TY again, got4! What did the teddy bear look like-can you find a similar one online? And how about the shirts? Mens, womens, girls, color/size? What color was the tote and do you remember the toiletries? Sorry to hammer you with questions. :)

Two more question-the private property. Would headlights and road traffic have been noticed-sounds like yes. How about a random bike pedaling madly toward the dump site?

Yeah, I lied-two more.

1.) Why do you think the items found relate to Cassie's disappearance?
2.) What are the coordinates where the items were found? I wonder if the coordinates line up with the SAR thread coordinates that had something to do with Casscoe

............................................................................................................................:welcome4:............................................................................................

Stargazer34!!!

We are so glad to have you with us here on

:websleuther:Websleuths! :websleuther:

:rollercoaster:

:lurk:no more -- let us hear it!!

:thewave:

Hiya, believe!
Something tells me those particular items located won't match up with the casscoe coords. But that's not to say they're not of great interest.
I'm still thinking the casscoe coords might be related to other items.
I wonder if there are other locals who have similar experiences, but have not felt comfortable sharing?

ETA: I've gotta run, but wanted to say I feel like local LE and federal LE seem to have a different take on Cassie's case. What do you think?
Also, has anyone wondered why federal LE became involved so quickly? It's not typical, it seems, in a missing 15 yr old, suspect runaway with a history. No crime scene. No evidence of foul play. No federal jurisdictional issues? What are we missing?

Gatorade bottle immediately brought to mind Caylee.

That load of stuff seems carry-able on a bicycle.

ETA- thank you for sharing your find and experiences, got4!

TY again, got4! What did the teddy bear look like-can you find a similar one online? And how about the shirts? Mens, womens, girls, color/size? What color was the tote and do you remember the toiletries? Sorry to hammer you with questions. :)

DARK brown fur about 16 inches tall. (We thought it was a dead muskrat floating on top, at first.) Light brown sweater embroidered Hugs and Kisses with red thread and a black moustachio. The two shirts had been men's shirts -- one a yellow men's Tshirt with the arms cut off, the other a white tank. Neither had print. The toiletries had been part of a black and white gift set (like you actually stick away in a bathroom drawer to take on a trip later) that were not a specific brand. Included aftershave, talcum powder and shave cream. (Did not find a razor, and we looked!) No toothbrush or toothpaste. One bag was a tote with a black and white damask pattern. The other bag was a duffel in great condition, leopard print (brown base with black spots), zip top, two exterior pockets. The blue Powerade bottle was lodge into roots at the bottom of a brush / tree clean enough to drink from again. The drape panels, folded on top of all these other things, were the biggest shock and what made me panic when the girls called me on the phone. They were beige with a thick woven texture, large round grommets on top (a weak 1/2" rod nearby). It had rained the night before, so they could have absorbed dirty water -- but none had visible blood on them. I really hope they were examined for hair and anything DNA!

Was the teddy bear smooth fabric or fuzzy...you know, like with fur? Did the Tshirts strike you as being small, medium, large, XL? It sounds like the toiletries were mens.

Two more question-the private property. Would headlights and road traffic have been noticed-sounds like yes. How about a random bike pedaling madly toward the dump site?

The driver / rider would have to pass three houses on a about a mile of chunky B2 gravel road to get to the bridge location. The two houses that have animals might have had dogs inside for the night. Horses and guineas don't bark. If a car was heard simply going past the last house, I know the neighbors would look to see who was trespassing as long as they were awake. Had to be dumped either rainy night of Oct. 3 or early morning Oct. 4. It would be a very rough bicycle ride for someone loaded down with that much stuff (40 pounds?). We did look at tire tracks and did not see ones from a heavy bicycle -- and it was a little muddy from the previous night's rain. Couldn't carry a unconscious body on a bicycle.

TY-Why would the date of the dump be either or those two dates?

If dogs had been barking at night for any of those houses, would it have caused a resident of the home to check it out? What I mean, is would it have been unusual?

The gravel road-a vehicle is going to make a lot of noise driving on it, right? I am not familiar with that kind of gravel, I am sorry to say.

Hiya, believe!
Something tells me those particular items located won't match up with the casscoe coords. But that's not to say they're not of great interest.
I'm still thinking the casscoe coords might be related to other items.
I wonder if there are other locals who have similar experiences, but have not felt comfortable sharing?

ETA: I've gotta run, but wanted to say I feel like local LE and federal LE seem to have a different take on Cassie's case. What do you think?
Also, has anyone wondered why federal LE became involved so quickly? It's not typical, it seems, in a missing 15 yr old, suspect runaway with a history. No crime scene. No evidence of foul play. No federal jurisdictional issues? What are we missing?

BBM-it is a curiousity for sure.

Yeah, I lied-two more.

1.) Why do you think the items found relate to Cassie's disappearance?
2.) What are the coordinates where the items were found? I wonder if the coordinates line up with the SAR thread coordinates that had something to do with Casscoe

I believe they are related because of the timing, location and combination. Saturday, Oct. 4 was the day of the first big LE-organized search. The location is totally unnecessary. Those items could have been easily disposed of curbside or in a city dumpster instead of out in the boonies. If a rural person needed to dispose of them, they would probably burn in a barrel or bonfire if they didn't put it in their big weekly bin. The items were something sentimental, something large enough to wrap, and something to clean up and have another drink after hard work. This is not in the Casscoe area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member